• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking: President Trump plans to end (DACA) program tomorrow

I'm sorry, it still to this day boggles my mind that enough people didn't get out to vote to prevent this guy from taking office.

I feel so bad for the Americans that are stuck with this guy. He is completely ruining the country. It's beyond mind boggling.

Between the immigration laws, the wall, health care, North Korea, trans people in the army, the Paris Accord, etc, etc. It's almost like he is purposely doing the opposite of what any rational, thoughtful human being would do. The US is truly becoming a scary place. And a place that people no longer want to go to. Very sad.

I really feel bad for you American GAFers. I'm hoping he will be impeached or step down before he can do further damage.

The US has never seen anything like this before.

This doesn't end once he's gone. Republicans are just as garbage, that's why they had no problem backing him.

Toxi

Banned
Thats 800,000 less people voting democrat next presidential election. It actually pretty smart at helping solidify their chances (Also insanely evil, but I doubt they care).
What the hell are you talking about? Dreamers can't vote.

Trump does the opposite of whatever he says.

"I''ll protect Dreamers." Nope.
"I'll be great for LGBT people" *surrounds himself with anti LGBT people*
"I'll drain the swamp." NOPE.
Donald Trump is a fucking liar and everyone knew this and still voted for him.

BajiBoxer

Banned
I'm way further to the right on immigration than most on this board, but this is fucking inhumane. How you can punish children who were brought here by their parents, in many cases lived here since they can remember is sickening to me. Deporting dreamers would be like if I got deported to Mexico. A place I don't know and have never been.

Yeah, it really is. In the imigration debate, not punishing people for being brought here as children should be the bare minimum in any humane policy. It's just indefensible cruelty.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
There goes any hope for me to becoming a legal immigrant

Fuck You, you Cheetos dusted Buffoon

Everyone who didn't do their part to stop this fascist piece of orange shit coming to power just because Hillary wasn't their perfect candidate needs to once again take a moment to reflect on what they have done.

Breads

Banned
Thats 800,000 less people voting democrat next presidential election. It actually pretty smart at helping solidify their chances (Also insanely evil, but I doubt they care).
And how many of those would be in calif where it doesn't matter anyway?

:Edit:

You know... assuming they would be dem. Or can vote.

Get'sMad

was already planning on going to a DSA event in my city this weekend...this is definitely going to turn into a protest and bring it I say

Can he himself end it or does there have to be a process of going through courts? I hope it's the latter and I hope it blows up in his face. Guy is human garbage.

This is going to be an immense blow to Mexico. I imagine the govt. over there is fuming right now.
Limiting this to Mexico is short sighted. A bulk of these people are certainly Mexican but you have plenty of Asians (Korean), Central American immigrants, etc.

Frankly, it's a brain drain for the US as well! Many of these DACA recipients have either graduated from college in the last 5 years , have degrees and are working at high paying jobs or are in the process of doing so while they work.

The average wage of a DACA recipient increased from $10 an hour to over $17 in the last 5 years.

Doing this is an utter cruelty and frankly people must protest and push CONGRESS to enact a law that codifies DACA into actual policy. We shouldn't limit it to just DACA - this country is reaching an panic level regarding immigration reform. We MUST reform this immigration system.

adj_noun

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...unce-end-to-obama-era-daca-official-says.html
President Trump, as early as Friday, is expected to announce plans to end the Obama administration program that gave a deportation reprieve to hundreds of thousands of young illegal immigrants, a senior administration official told Fox News.

Trump promised to terminate the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA, during the presidential campaign -- but since taking office had left the door open to preserving parts of it.

According to the official, Trump is expected to announce the program's end but will allow so-called “dreamers” currently in the program to stay in the U.S. until their work permits expire – which, for some, could be as long as two years.

In an interview with ABC News this spring, the president earlier suggested he might not entirely do away with DACA.

“They shouldn’t be very worried,” Trump said of the young people in the program. "I do have a big heart.”

Limiting this to Mexico is short sighted. A bulk of these people are certainly Mexican but you have plenty of Asians (Korean), Central American immigrants, etc.

Frankly, it's a brain drain for the US as well! Many of these DACA recipients have either graduated from college in the last 5 years , have degrees and are working at high paying jobs or are in the process of doing so while they work.

The average wage of a DACA recipient increased from $10 an hour to over $17 in the last 5 years.

Doing this is an utter cruelty and frankly people must protest and push CONGRESS to enact a law that codifies DACA into actual policy. We shouldn't limit it to just DACA - this country is reaching an panic level regarding immigration reform. We MUST reform this immigration system.

He's doing this to push that "they took our jobs" bullshit. Also he hated brown people.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
If promising to deport around a million Americans doesn't get people to riot, I don't know what will.

Garlador

Everyone who didn't do their part to stop this fascist piece of orange shit coming to power just because Hillary wasn't their perfect candidate needs to once again take a moment to reflect on what they have done.

"Both of them are terrible."
deported-father-br-ps1-170718_16x9_992.jpg

deported-man-vickie1.jpg

ebt-l-deported-0817-03.jpg

Vote in midterms and get your shoes on for marching.

Beartruck

Ok I get it guys they can't vote, but you're kidding yourselves if you think this isn't a desperate attempt to pump the brakes on america becoming a minority-majority country, with a tasty side of hardcore racism.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I am here because of DACA, now I no longer know what will happen to me or my family. No future president will ever do what Obama did for us.

kswiston

What would people that have been in the country for 10+ years, since they were children, even do in Mexico?

This is just ruining lives to make racists feel good for a week. 800k is a ton of people, but pretty insignificant to the country as a whole. 0.25%. It's not like Americans will all of a sudden be swimming in jobs.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
If only it were possible for only the people who voted for this clown to bear the consequences of his actions. They're the ones who should be dealing with everything he does, not the rest of the world's population.

I am here because of DACA, now I no longer know what will happen to me or my family. No future president will ever do what Obama did for us.

Sorry bro. I immediately thought of you once I saw this thread. I'd like to say keep hope alive, we will make it but I dunno I'm pretty fucking shook

Nydius

If this is gone, who cleans up Houston?

The better question is: was Texas going to make good on their threat to sue the federal government over DACA on September 5th given everything that happened with Harvey? The Texas Attorney General was leading a coalition of other officials from GOP states to push a federal lawsuit to force the end of DACA.

I'm almost certain this is why Trump is doing this now, mere days before the arbitrary September 5 deadline the Texas AG imposed.

To all of those DACA recipients in the thread, go see an immigration attorney immediately. There are great people out there doing amazing work to help you and other immigrants in this country and understanding your options is increasingly important. Someone made the recommendation to contact the ACLU which is also worthwhile. Do not wait.

Top Bottom