• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking: President Trump plans to end (DACA) program tomorrow

The things is, it's soooo much easier to destroy than it is to create.

Not in this case. The logistics of deporting 800,000 people is insane, while Obama just saying "we're not going to deport you, we want to help you" and setting up a small agency to handle it was easy.
Can this action not be sued?

If Trump making bad executive orders can get shot down by the courts, why can't him removing good ones can't?
DACA is probably not even Constitutional.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The things is, it's soooo much easier to destroy than it is to create.
And even then, would the next one care about us DREAMERS the way Obama did? He created DACA because he is a great man with a great heart. I had a few years of knowing how it felt to not be in the shadows and to not fear looking over my shoulder but that's gone now and I doubt I will ever get that back.

And the sad thing is that there are so many initiatives being brushed off by congress, empowering the executive branch.

No one wants to stick their neck out on any legislation. The President is operating unchecked in a lot of situations. It's the reason why no one votes on wars anymore. They just let the Commander in Chief decide. No one wants to put their name for or against what they don't have to.

This is a terrible situation.
It's no way to govern, period. The executive should not have this much power and Congress is seemingly happy to cede said power when push comes to shove.

The pendulum swings this creates from a policy perspective just fosters the deep political divisions that already exists and moves us further apart. Those asking "well can the next President just undo that?" should really be asking WHY the next President should have to! He/She is the President - not a damned king. Something the Founders were pretty fucking adamant about.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
It's amazing that this fanta-colored cretin will destroy people's lives simply to appease a base that doesn't need appeasing and in this case, to simply distract from his impending Russia sponsored doom.

tick tick can't tick fast enough.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So 31 years here, no family in Pakistan

Handicapped... Legs still recovering from 1.5 years on bedridden by the way of a Spinal Problem

Have moderate Clonus in both legs

Can't qualify for shit, can't get shit
Now being forced to leave under the guise of this...

Mom's doesn't even know this yet about DACA and what's Trump doing with it, she was hopeful that absorbing more people in, like me, now, yeah, she's gonna be distraught

Great every avenue I've chased gets fucked

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
This fucking guy is such an asshole.

This country continues to not give a shit about each other. We're cannibalizing ourselves.

BADMAN

I can only imagine how it would feel for dreamers who are currently getting fucked by Harvey to have this on top of everything else

These are not distractions. Trump can be a piece of shit on multiple levels at the same time as we can be aware of all the levels at the same time

I agree. We need to stay the course on this. There are no distractions - just more information to make the people's case.

Handicapped... Legs still recovering from 1.5 years on bedridden by the way of a Spinal Problem

Mom's doesn't even know this yet about DACA and what's Trump doing with it, she was hopeful that absorbing more people in, like me, now, yeah, she's gonna be distraught

God fucking dammit motherfuck these heartless demons

Karkador

Banned
When seeing this, learning about WW2 history..just like how the nazi's did with jews, rounding them up.

WATCH: WH advisor says undocumented immigrants will not receive long-term fed assistance after #Harvey & will be "rounded up." Cruel.

https://twitter.com/CAPAction/status/903337146387505152

The problem is that, contrary to what he stated, it's not clear. "Illegal immigrants that have committed crimes" means different things on different days to this administration. They can easily say that you have "committed a crime" by "being here illegally" - so there's no distinction.

Nokterian

The problem is that, contrary to what he stated, it's not clear. "Illegal immigrants that have committed crimes" means different things on different days to this administration. They can easily say that you have "committed a crime" by "being here illegally" - so there's no distinction.

That's what happend with the jews, just blaming them on everything. And yet we will see kids,parents etc all rounded up because that's the cover up.

Next up..concentration camps..

UberTag

If your country kicks these people out, you should ALL leave with them.
Abandon the sinking ship that is the United States of Fascist America.

Or... I don't know... you could do something about it.

Hint: Lamenting Trump's shenanigans on a message board and/or waiting for Mueller to disclose anything or for your next opportunity to vote in 14 months doesn't count as doing something about it.

TaterTots

Banned
Honest question, but when this fuckwad is out of office, does the next President just put all this stuff back?

What stuff back? What has Trump actually succeeded in, besides being an asshole? Republicans have control of everything and he cant get a fart to pass.

Can you not seek an immigration attorney?

Linkark07

Banned
That's what happend with the jews, just blaming them on everything. And yet we will see kids,parents etc all rounded up because that's the cover up.

Next up..concentration camps..

I wouldn't be surprised if he tried that shit. And obviously, Congress and Senate will allow it.

Can you not seek an immigration attorney?

I'm no lawyer, but the 8-10 lawyers I have seen in the past 15 years or so will take my money, say there's some way to become a citizen, then tell me to get married.

So short of being married I believe there is no hope unless shithead keels over

Top Bottom