• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2K teasing Advent on Twitter. BioShock? XCOM? New IP? [Up: Looking like XCOM]

Quentyn

Almost certainly a new XCOM. A reboot of Apocalypse, maybe?

From the screens:
SNKJRRGS052620150816.png

A movie poster in one of EU's maps:
Movie_1_%28EU2012%29.png

From the screens:
RJFKTZZR052620150809.png

Another poster in EU:
Movie_8_%28EU2012%29.png

Spinning earth? "We are still watching"? XCOM fonts?

It's XCOM.

---

adventxhpxu.gif

Just noticed a couple of tweets from the official 2K account. They are teasing something called Advent. It seems to be a company who builds city centers and also offers gene therapy to its inhabitants.

Anyone have a idea what this could be? 2K said they have an unannounced game that they will reveal soon. Maybe it's this?

A couple of screenshots from the website:

x1isfXJ.png

ZJZCpdq.png

Tweet

Website

Pamphlet

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I wonder if Mafia 3 was canned and turned into this instead.

2K Novato is only big enough to handle one game right now to my knowledge and they were the Mafia 3 studio.

Edit: It sounds like that game is being handled entirely by 2K Brno now.

Tapejara

City that's supposed to be utopia but is more like a dystopia?
Gene therapy for the inhabitants?
BioShock 3: Cyberpunk Edition?

I'm going with new IP, personally.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
While it does sound like BioShock, I'm curious as to who is making it.

2K Marin was shut down (Novato is in Marin county so their CEO's statement likely referred to them), but all their job postings are for open world games with missions and vehicles and stuff.

Well... I guess they could be one and the same.

yuraya

The talk of keeping citizens and families safe along with the hexagons makes me think XCOM. Maybe something similar to XCOM but new ip.

The copy is terribly written (that FEAR thing is so clunky) and has some lovely typos, so I'm guessing that whatever it is they don't give much of a shit.

THAT SAID I would murder for a new bioshock. Set one in the future. Do it. Go on.

MattyG

Banned
Yeah, it's gotta be Bioshock. A city with a dark secret? Check. A city with unique and groundbreaking architechture? Check? DNA splicing? Check.

I'll be VERY surprised if this isn't Bioshock.

Kezen

Banned
While it does sound like BioShock, I'm curious as to who is making it.

2K Marin was shut down (Novato is in Marin county so their CEO's statement likely referred to them), but all their job postings are for open world games with missions and vehicles and stuff.

Well... I guess they could be one and the same.

Mafia II's voice actor hinted at Mafia 3 though.

Mington

It says rockstar games on the privacy page

This Privacy Policy applies to all Online Services users and, except as noted, all Online Services are being offered in the United States by the Company. For Online Services offered by Rockstar Games used by residents of the European Union, the company Take-Two Interactive Software Europe Limited, ICO Registration No. Z1336431, is the data controller responsible for your personal information.

http://www.take2games.com/privacy/

Steel

Banned
I'm going to guess this is going to be a mobile game about creating a cyberpunk city with a variety of timers and IAP and not get myself hyped up for it.

MattyG

Banned

This Privacy Policy applies to all Online Services users and, except as noted, all Online Services are being offered in the United States by the Company. For Online Services offered by Rockstar Games used by residents of the European Union, the company Take-Two Interactive Software Europe Limited, ICO Registration No. Z1336431, is the data controller responsible for your personal information.

I don't think that means anything (although this would be a very interesting and out of character concept for Rockstar).

_woLf

That's just T2's generic privacy policy page. Always says that.

This sounds like a Bioshock reboot or System Shock 3.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The talk of keeping citizens and families safe along with the hexagons makes me think XCOM. Maybe something similar to XCOM but new ip.

That's what I was thinking too.

or possibly a Not Sequel to that TPS X-Com game no one liked under a new name with a new IP but with similar gameplay.

Sijil

I'm all down for a futuristic Bioshock, Cybershock! Get a crazy rogue A.I with a god complex in there, Ken Levine on board, and you got System Shock 2 real successor.

Top Bottom