• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The thirst is real: a Destiny TTK quest is exclusive to Red Bull (Until Jan 1, 2016)

Nibel

SOoXspA.jpg

While we knew it was coming after Red Bull accidentally confirmed Destiny's The Taken King, the energy drink company has hit go on its official site, revealing an exclusive Taken King quest. The "epic, new quest" is a "never-before-seen, multistage mission in The Taken King that will test the speed and strategic abilities of Destiny players in new ways."

The quest will be exclusive to Red Bull via an access code under the tab of promotional cans that can be entered on the site and requires The Taken King to be able to play. Drinkers will also get a one time consumable Bonus XP buff that will increase XP gain by 50% for 30 minutes and each marked can of caffeine will include a code. The XP boost will be available from the 1st of July, while the quest will be launching with the Taken King on September the 15th.

Source (GamesRadar)

Mod edit:

While the quest will only be exclusive until January 1st 2016 there's no word on Red Bull promotions outside of the US.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I'm just curious, how did this deal come to be?

Mindwipe

I mean c'mon. You've got to laugh. That's funny. Genuinely funny.

Okay Bungie, we got you, very good. You can come out and admit that Destiny has been a huge attempt to troll your fanbase now. It was very good and subtle until now, but this one just gave the game away.

Rafterman

Banned
I don't see the problem. It's basically DLC but instead of paying the $2 on PSN you by a can of Red Bull. Not a big deal.

I don't see the problem. It's basically DLC but instead of paying the $2 on PSN you by a can of Red Bull. Not a big deal.

Its not inherently wrong but given the context of this series as a whole.

They are clearly enjoying massive success and have no plans to police the integrity of their creation.

Its a Bobby kotick jam now

Bastos

That's probably not going to be sold here in Brazil, any Gaffer willing to buy this for me when it becomes available? I'll pay, of course. :p

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I'm assuming a lot of cocaine

Oh, and money

Had to have been all those restless nights crunching away. Set up a direct link with the manufacturer in order to meet the dead lines. Instead of paying Red Bull directly they just offered them a promotion deal or something. Oh, and cocaine.

this is US only right? like all the other soda/pringles/doritos codes. How does europeans get to play the mission or buy F2P energy boost micropayments? Straight from PS-Store? Codes are region locked anyways.

And yeah, these are micropayments.

Pop

Why cant the quest be free with TTK? The game is lacking content as is. Now you gotta go out and spend $4 on a terrible drink for a 30 min mission.

This mentality is why they do this shit. Put it on fucking psn for 2 dollars then, next step is doritos exclusive dlc only at target in select locations.

Mindwipe

More like "you already massively overpaid for this DLC, and now you have to pay even more."

Or "you're already paying an arbitrary 30% price premium in the UK for no reason, and the chances are this campaign won't even be run outside of the US so you get less content for that money too!"

Pooya

Now you get an extra quest for all that energy you put into Destiny grinding. Bungie must know how draining their game is.

Ha, DLC on age restricted goods. I can see it now.

Crowds of 12 year olds outside the local corner shop. "Mate. Can you jump in for me?"

Ragona

AhupylO.jpg

Check this info snipet ( from reddit).
Bungie and Activision deserve all the hate for the way they treat their fanbase.

ISee

Without this deal the DLC would cost you .09$ more. So stop complaining and be gratefully you peasants.

MaxiLive

Wowzers, a quest as well? That is the one thing Destiny is starved of.

If it was some glimmer pack or some crap like that then its icky marketing but blocking content in an already content limited game?

Top Bottom