• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The thirst is real: a Destiny TTK quest is exclusive to Red Bull (Until Jan 1, 2016)

AhupylO.jpg

Check this info snipet ( from reddit).
Bungie and Activision deserve all the hate for the way they treat their fanbase.

Mirrors red bulls brand traits. lol.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
http://imgur.com/AhupylO.jpg

Check this info snipet ( from reddit).
Bungie and Activision deserve all the hate for the way they treat their fanbase.

"Destiny players are used to pay premium price for content similar to this quest" lmao

edit: Reddit says that this content is timed exclusive till January 2016. So no big deal, but I want a code! But I'm not in the US so no chance of getting one :(

These deals have Kotick written all over it

Literally thinks gamers are dumb sheeple

I dont get the whole CEO looking down on and disrespecting consumers thing.

Like WTF

Vanguard

Noticed on the Red Bull site it has this disclaimer about it being time exclusive:

Destiny and Destiny: The Taken King required to access Quest, sold separately. Quest exclusive to Red Bull promotion 9/18/15 – 12/31/15. No code required to access quest after 1/1/16. Destiny required to use Bonus XP, sold separately. Code for Bonus XP must be redeemed by 7/31/16.

Finding this whole situation hilarious!

Celegus

Hahahahaha. Definitely made the right choice to never even play Destiny. Everything about this game just seems gross and greedy, don't want to support that at all.

mclem

The quest is to hunt down and liberate Adrian Newey from the evil forces holding him back from his true calling.

No 12 year old should be playing Destiny, it's PEGI 16....

Is it really?! I don't see why it's not rated PEGI 12 to be honest - it has shooting but the whole thing is extremely clean and there's no blood or gore. Heck; don't enemy bodies disintegrate after you've killed them? It's certainly nowhere near as graphic as other content like films or TV shows that kids are allowed to watch at 12 years old.

bebop242

So my question is, will this mission be a one timer? Play it once then never see it again, or will it be accessible along with the others?

This is hilarious. I swear Destiny isn't just a game, it's like some new age ARG where they intentionally make bone-headed design decisions just to stimulate discussion/furor.

I wanna see the real Destiny site's data tracking. People who've never played the game probably logged in dozens if not hundreds of hours without even knowing.

mclem

Also: Hey, I have something in common with Bungie! I ought to put that on my CV.

One from a game I worked on: Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death.

6Q3lDmJ.png

There was a big crate of Red Bull given to the dev team as part of this (I'm sure there was a sum of money involved, too, of course, but the thing I saw first hand was the crate). That's the only time I've tried Red Bull. And I don't intend to try it again after that experience.

SmokyDave

Hahahahaha. Definitely made the right choice to never even play Destiny. Everything about this game just seems gross and greedy, don't want to support that at all.
Pretty much how I feel. Glad I resisted my friends trying to get me to join 'em. They've since been monetised out of the game anyway.

Wow Bungie super gross. When the #1 complaint is lack of content of course the best idea is to hive off a mission to a soft drinks brand. Not some cosmetic crap like a hat or a speeder but no actual damn game content

edit: Reddit says that this content is timed exclusive till January 2016. So no big deal, but I want a code! But I'm not in the US so no chance of getting one :(

a US code won't work on your non-US game. Although these are probably random codes you need to activate on bungie.net instead of PSN or XBL.

Havik

Can't you just go to the store and take a picture of the bottom of red bull cans? is that considered stealing? :p

Deft Beck

Destiny is not a game. It is a hollow positive feedback loop pretending to be other, more substantive games with hooks to make players continue to inhabit the loop.

Good thing I stayed away from it.

I really hope the public shows at least a little backlash

They are banking on riding the same waves COD used to ride on to get away with this shit though

pepsi_1.png

Didn't bother me then, doesn't bother me now.

Also, you know this will just be a backwards run through one of the TKK existing missions, so no big loss there. In the end, the can will serve as a minor XP boost through a slightly reconfigured wave of enemies.

Top Bottom