• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The thirst is real: a Destiny TTK quest is exclusive to Red Bull (Until Jan 1, 2016)

Luke Smith: [Laughs] Well, we have nothing more to talk about regarding your opportunity to spend extra money in Destiny, other than The Taken King and the three versions we've announced.

You don't say.

Made a thing

destinyredbullxeo9w.gif

Haunted

I don't see the problem. It's basically DLC but instead of paying the $2 on PSN you by a can of Red Bull. Not a big deal.
MVLacpt.png

I don't see the problem. It's basically a commercial but instead of waiting until it's over, you just say the brand name. Not a big deal.

...I just feel bad for the people who play this day in and day out. I'm not mad at them for enjoying it, but it's infuriating seeing Bungie/Activision doing stuff like this and people going through mental hurdles to say it is fine. It was dumb when CoD did this, that was just XP, but this is to a new extreme. Judging by my experience with the base game, one full quest (strike?) from this is a decent amount of content to lock behind an energy drink.

Matush

And with that I'm out. As someone who spent hundreds of hours with Destiny thus far, this is a last straw for me. Not gonna spent any dime on it anymore.

Recall

£40/$40 gets you half of something. And they don't need to do anything else as their own community will defend them to the end of time.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
a US code won't work on your non-US game. Although these are probably random codes you need to activate on bungie.net instead of PSN or XBL.

Yeah I hope that these are bungie.net codes and not PSN/XBL codes. Hm let's see.

These promotions aren't anything new to gaming or to any other entertainment branch BUT it's just poor timing that they have to reveal this offer during these rather hostile times

...I just feel bad for the people who play this day in and day out. I'm not mad at them for enjoying it, but it's infuriating seeing Bungie/Activision doing stuff like this and people going through mental hurdles to say it is fine. It was dumb when CoD did this, that was just XP, but this is to a new extreme. Judging by my experience with the base game, one full quest (strike?) from this is a decent amount of content to lock behind an energy drink.

Its crazy

I know that this is just common practice for AAA games to monetize and cross advertise damn near everything

Capitalism in the AAA space at its finest.... its just sad that its pretty much been the same or worse tactics despite the criticisms

Of course we already know Kotick doesnt give a flying fuck so yeah

Ade

Patch 2.1.1:
Radiance/Angel of Light only usable by via Red Bull redemption codes, Only Red Bull gives you wings guardian, not the light.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know what they should do? Since so many people still want Gjallarhorn, they should make a RedBullHorn that shoots cans of Red Bull instead of wolfpack rounds. Then they can make you buy 12 cans of Red Bull in order to get it.

ahahahahah i can't, i just.. hahah wooow

probably the tackiest, most tasteless marketing thing i've ever seen. it's up there at least.

they apparently have no shame so whats next? can't wait to see! Bungie are now my favorite comedians in the industry.

Zocano

Oh no not a tiny promotional quest that will ultimately reward you with nothing useful!

Oh the humanity!

Give me a fucking break, there are worse things to cry over than a quest that will just be meager and not interesting at all like that stupid urn quest from Eris. People who are quitting because they see this as the last straw make me laugh.

The Flash

Banned
Taking the piss

Taking the piss is a Commonwealth term meaning to take liberties at the expense of others, or to be unreasonable. It is often used to mean (or confused with) taking the piss out of, which is an expression meaning to mock, tease, ridicule, or scoff.

[1] It is also not to be confused with "taking a piss", which refers to the act of urinating.

Taking the Mickey (Mickey Bliss, Cockney rhyming slang) or taking the Michael is another term for making fun of someone. These terms are most widely used in the United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, New Zealand and Australia.

[2] Can be shortened to a singular well known word. Bungie.

Haunted

You know what they should do? Since so many people still want Gjallarhorn, they should make a RedBullHorn that shoots cans of Red Bull instead of wolfpack rounds. Then they can make you buy 12 cans of Red Bull in order to get it.
buy more red bull to reload your weapon

Bungie has to earn its wings before removing the Activision probationary butt-plug.

Heh. Not surprising this happened. Doesn't CoD do this kind of thing all the time?

StUnNeR H2K

For a supposed RPG style game that has already struggled for unique story driven content... $40 won't even get you it all!

Though I'll bet all this will be is a mission that goes through the same location of other story missions... just in reverse.

Top Bottom