• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division: 9.5M reg users, 20% season pass attach, top new IP ever, 91% ret vs. 4w

Quentyn

divisionqnuug.png

the 91 retention number:

"91% of the people who were playing 4 weeks ago are also playing today."
lol someone asked for shipment/sell-through figures for Division and Far Cry. Ubi basically replied 'No. We stopped giving out those numbers'. They also cautioned from looking at the number of registered users and make conclusions about the sell-through because some players have 2 or 3 accounts registered.

https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsit...f call final_tcm99-250464_tcm99-196733-32.pdf

Daft Punk

Banned
How many people are still actually active out of that 9.5 million? A majority of friends and coworkers that played with me have all dropped it until the first DLC.

dex3108

How many people are still actually active out of that 9.5 million? A majority of friends and coworkers that played with me have all dropped it until the first DLC.

91% returning players in past 4 weeks. That is what they said in conference call.

Lucifon

How many of those are still active though? Genuinely don't know anyone still playing it. Even friends who were crazy for it weeks after I was done playing have stopped.

After reaching max level and playing a bit of Dark Zone... I sold the game, it got way too repetitive even when playing with my friends... We all sold it actually. I hope Wildlands will have more gameplay and mission varieties.

harSon

Banned
Congratulations!

I have to admit that I fully expected this game to fail after it was initially unveiled, even after the success of Destiny.

91% returning players in past 4 weeks. That is what they said in conference call.

It's tough to judge if there just counting players logging in or are they breaking it down by how long they are playing. The returning players could just be loggin in for 15 - 30 minutes to get some Phoenix Credits before playing something else or logging in once a week after server reset to see whats new.

Killzig

3 hours on average per active user sounds rediculously high.

it takes that long to matchmake into a CM that isn't bugged out. I am curious about how many users remain 'active' these days. The conversation around this game seems to have fallen off a cliff and there's really not much left to do. The announcement today that there wouldn't be a balance pass to weapons with the new update gave me one more reason to stay away.

Cool maybe they can use some of that money to make the endgame not suck total ass.

There is really no reason to continue playing unless you like to grief people in the dark Zone. shit is just pathetically sad.

Zoon

Possibly the most regretted purchase I made.I don't think I'll ever go back. The amount of broken/bugged stuff and the combination of hackers did the job.

Good for Ubi though, hopefully they'll invest to more new IPs.

Mediking

I enjoyed it alot in the beginning but I couldn't hang with it. Not really as story focused as I had hoped.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Possibly the most regretted purchase I made.I don't think I'll ever go back. The amount of broken/bugged stuff and the combination of hackers did the job.

Good for Ubi though, hopefully they'll invest to more new IPs.

There's two more online focused AAA new IP games this fiscal year between For Honor and a game they're announcing at E3 that shockingly hasn't leaked yet.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
And of those 9.5M registered players, only 0.1% are still active.

AHA-Lambda

I love the slide where Ubi boasts of their ability to churn out open world games constantly xD

It's a pretty good attach rate for a season pass. EA is forecasting 10% for Star Wars Battlefront for example, and Battlefield 3's lifetime was something like 24% after tons of sales.

Christ, and there's nothing out yet isn't there? =/

Good for them.
However I heard that the game doesn't have good end game. I'm not going to walk in that after being disappointed by a good game with no end game before.

Kraq

I've been playing console FPSers since CoD4 and Siege is the best and most refreshing FPS I've played since MW2. I'm really glad that its done well due to word of mouth, despite Ubisoft not giving it the attention it deserves in terms of marketing.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Was fun for about three days.
One of the purchases i've regretted the most, all time.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I love the slide where Ubi boasts of their ability to churn out open world games constantly xD

Christ, and there's nothing out yet isn't there? =/

First thing that's meaningful comes out in June. It's also a $40 season pass, so pretty good money!

LiK

Platinumed but i haven't gone back. No interest int he Incursion DLC stuff after reading about it. i need more story stuff.

Interfectum

Ubisoft is such a weird publisher to me personally. I constantly judge them for their templated, safe, vanilla designs and yet I continue to play the shit out of their games. They must be doing something right.

RdN

Damn.. 91% retention rate.. And that is with all bugs and balancing issues that have plagued the game.

Hopefully Massive delivers with the 1.2 patch that is due for the end of this month.

-Amon-

The endgame is just grinding Phoenix Credits and the Dark Zone. I highly doubt people are playing the endgame for 3 hours.

I'm so depressed by that kind of decisions.

All of the campaign material was at least good. Then level 30 came and everything became a grind, just to be able to manage AI too strong for your current level.

And being able to cope with players in the darkzone. PVP looks like nowhere skill based, just a matter of how much of your time are you ready to throw away to do the same things over and over and over again.

It's sad to see that those kind of design decision are welcomed by the playerbase, makes me feel so out of place.

Saty

When they talked about Watch Dogs 2 earlier they said it'll have a 'new tone and innovative hacking ability'.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
damn, really? 91% of all 9.5 million users? That's insane.

I find it hard to believe. I know it's anecdotal evidence and all, but everyone I know who played it before has since quit. Good for them though. There's a good game there somewhere.

Top Bottom