• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft posts chart for the average profitability of EA, Ubi, AB, & Take-Two combined

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The industry is so much more diverse now than it even was 3 years ago. Go back and watch those E3 conferences. 70-75% of the games were violent shooters. It was insane.

Why focus only in packaged releases? And why 2010 with Wii full steam ahead? The times are changing, but it does not mean Doom and gloom.

Because data is available for packaged and not digital.

And I love how you infer doom and gloom when all I provided were data points without any qualitative around it.

Consolidation is a hell of a thing

Right. This is a perfectly normal result of consolidation and says nothing on "consoles are alive" or "consoles are dead" and that glib "but GAF says consoles are dad" stuff is tired.

Just I saw this at dualshockers:

H7NkYcy.jpg

one thing this chart doesn't show is the increase in profits at the expense of smaller publishers, some of which went out of business around those spikes. I'm not sure if this is a proof of a healthy industry exactly. More like a lopsided industry.

This isn't showing industry share; it's the money on the dollar the companies are making.

I think it's weird they point out the Generation trends; isn't the importance of Mobile post-2010 the real story?

Valkyria

Banned
Because data is available for packaged and not digital.

And I love how you infer doom and gloom when all I provided were data points without any qualitative around it.

Well you replied to a sarcastic comment saying that console were dead so I believe I can infer that you think that things are not right, specially when you reply with the amount of packages titles released in a industry that according to EA has a 30% of digital sales.

SerTapTap

That chart subjectively matches my experience pretty well. Awful start of last gen, awful end to last gen (PS3 exclusives somewhat excepted), pretty damn good start this gen.

SJRB

Gold Member
Awfully cynical in here. Higher profitability means more money for development of future games, which is a good thing right?

Top Bottom