• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

J-Tier

Really? Among comic book fans, it seems like the "big three" rogues galleries are Batman, Spider-Man, and The Flash.

The TV show may have helped. However, there's a large chasm between the first two and the Flash's rogues gallery. I also agree that X-men comes pretty close too.

Khezu

If Spawn gets in, I'm blaming it all on Max.

Same shit happened with Predator.

God damn it Max have better taste.

Superman also has a pretty sizable collection of well-known villains: Lex Luthor, Darkseid, Brainiac, Bizarro, Doomsday, Metallo, Parasite, General Zod, and so on.

Yeah I would put Supes' rogues gallery before the Flash's, at least in regards to being well-known/popular, particularly before the TV show came out.

18 characters left to reveal

18 weeks til release

Really makes you think
hqdefault.jpg

delSai

18 characters left to reveal

18 weeks til release

Really makes you think
Maybe instead of revealing two characters in one trailer they'll do Supergirl-like walkthroughs for new characters every week with already revealed characters getting trailers thrown in every now and then.

Probably wont be like that, but a new fighter every week wouldn't be too bad

Compbros

The TV show may have helped. However, there's a large chasm between the first two and the Flash's rogues gallery. I also agree that X-men comes pretty close too.

Xmen's rogue gallery is weak af and Flash's is better than Batman's. Spiderman has far and away the best rogues gallery.

Edit: Darkseid is not a Superman villain.

Edit: to me the top rogues galleries are

Spiderman
Flash
Superman/Batman are basically neck and neck for third

Everyone else is pretty far behind.

Khezu

They will probably reveal half the cast in facebook image about the season pass and then won't show any gameplay of them until two weeks before launch.

TDLink

They will probably reveal half the cast in facebook image about the season pass and then won't show any gameplay of them until two weeks before launch.
Would be consistent with their current marketing. Except instead of a Facebook image it will be a word document that Boon tweets that just lists character names.

They announced last year a Injustice 2 comic that gets released and starts before the game comes out.

Wonder when we hear anything about also that. There has to be soon a massive reveals.

Billfisto

Are we talking well-known rogues galleries, or fleshed-out rogues galleries?

Because if it's the former, there's no way Flash or Superman place higher on the list than Batman, X-Men, or Spider-Man.

Compbros

Are we talking well-known rogues galleries, or fleshed-out rogues galleries?

Because if it's the former, there's no way Flash or Superman place higher on the list than Batman, X-Men, or Spider-Man.

I'm talking fleshed out but, really, how many mainstream people can name me 3 xmen villains not named Magneto or Mystique? Juggernaut? Toad?

Ryce

Maybe instead of revealing two characters in one trailer they'll do Supergirl-like walkthroughs for new characters every week with already revealed characters getting trailers thrown in every now and then.

Probably wont be like that, but a new fighter every week wouldn't be too bad
Bad marketing confounds me. It would be so easy to promote this game in a way that makes sense (I'd even do it for free). Instead of awkwardly dropping the release date on Ed Boon's Twitter without any fanfare, we should have gotten a nice new gameplay trailer that ended with the release date. It's been seven months since The Flash appeared in the CGI debut trailer and he still hasn't been formally revealed.

Ideally, the remaining 18 characters would be revealed in weekly trailers (perhaps live streamed each week), but I can't shake the feeling that they'll be revealed in intermittent clusters or accidentally leaked or just outright listed on Twitter.

opricnik

Banned
Some dude on 4ch said we would get The Flash and Spawn trailers this week and leaked entire roster for game. Even leaked details from MK11. Doubt its real though if reveals are correct i would share rest of story

Billfisto

I'm talking fleshed out but, really, how many mainstream people can name me 3 xmen villains not named Magneto or Mystique? Juggernaut? Toad?

I'd hesitantly suggest Apocalypse. Probably enough people around at this point who'd seen the cartoon or at least the advertising for the last movie.

On the other hand, if I were to ask my mother to name some Flash villains, I think she'd be at a complete loss.

Khezu

Some dude on 4ch said we would get The Flash and Spawn trailers this week and leaked entire roster for game. Even leaked details from MK11. Doubt its real though if reveals are correct i would share rest of story

Was that the dude that said Wolverine was gonna be in the game?

I saw a glimpse of that well half asleep.

Compbros

I'd hesitantly suggest Apocalypse. Probably enough people around at this point who'd seen the cartoon or at least the advertising for the last movie.

On the other hand, if I were to ask my mother to name some Flash villains, I think she'd be at a complete loss.

I'm talking Superman in terms of well known and the tv show has introduced many flash villains to mainstream including all the rogues, killer frost, and reverse flash/zoom.

Apocalypse? Stryker? Sabretooth? Between the cartoons and movies, they're known enough

Then people should be able to list just as many Superman and Flash villains because of movies, cartoons, and tv shows. Flash had about 7 villains showcased in season one alone.

Khezu

Yeah same dude. It seems fake mostly but who know these days everything happens randomly

I just looked through the archive some random shit he said.

The Rock is going to voice BLack Adam, and Pearlman Hellboy.

King Shark, Cyborg, Larfleeze, Beast Boy, Deathstroke, Nightwing, Catwoman, Bane, MMH, Darkseid, Brainaic, Etrigan, Constaninte, and Swamp thing.

He also said, Gear is not optional and EVO will use it.
THere will be no PC version.

The things that make it obviously fake are The Rock, Beast Boy being in the game.
and he also talked a little bit about MK11, and he said variations will be back, which no they won't. Large chance variations are never coming back.

opricnik

Banned
I just looked through the archive some random shit he said.

The Rock is going to voice BLack Adam, and Pearlman Hellboy.

King Shark, Cyborg, Larfleeze, Beast Boy, Deathstroke, Nightwing, Catwoman, Bane, MMH, Darkseid, Brainaic, Etrigan, Constaninte, and Swamp thing.

He also said, Gear is not optional and EVO will use it.
THere will be no PC version.

The things that make it obviously fake are The Rock, Beast Boy being in the game.
and he also talked a little bit about MK11, and he said variations will be back, which no they won't. Large chance variations are never coming back.
I mean beast boy and rock could be plausible though.Rock seems like cool guy who does voice acting stuff. didnt he voiced one of wwe games before?

Wolverine thing is bit stupid though.Marvel letting to crossover seens suspicious

Complains about too many Batman characters in IJ1.

Wishes for Terry McGinnis Batman. lol

Not hating on Max, just thought it was silly.

The list is terrible. Swamp Thing, Dr. Fate? I doubt he's ever read either of their comics before. And like you said, he asked Batgirl and Batman 2.0 after complaining about too many Batmen. Don't even get me started on Spawn....

N'd I am hating on Max. Come at me, Max!

I was in that thread, he's clearly faking and is as starved for news as everyone else.

However, I actually hope Beast Boy is in this game above all other titans. NRS has to throw in someone with animal powers whether it be Animal Man, Vixen, Beast Boy etc.

Khezu

Ares was pretty fun in Injustice 1.

I also always found his gameplay kinda funny because one NRS dude basically said he knows jack shit about DC characters but has access to wikipedia, and Ares felt like he was completely designed by someone just reading his powers and abilities description on wikipedia lol.

Ryce

Ares seemed way too short in the first game, and his face needs to be completely concealed by darkness. He was the opposite of menacing. He looked like a bad cosplayer.

Zubz

Banned
To be fair, he did win the poll with like 3 times the votes of Hellboy :(

Justice truly is dead.
But, like... Don't we know that NRS definitely has had the rights to use Spawn in a game for the past year?

Ares is probably gonna return since he's the (obvious) big bad of the WW movie.

I'm fine with that. He's visually boring, especially compared to Cheetah, but he was fun in Injustice 1, IIRC.

After having played arcade mode with all characters, Ares definitely needs some work, especially given how unique he could be, but he definitely has potential to be a really cool character.

I also agree that his face looked quite goofy.

Khezu

What if the next reveal is Friday...same day as Switch...and a Switch port is announced?

Would be a waste of everyones time. They would not do it in house or continue to support it.

Also there was another fakish leak, though this one was awhile back, and it was actually about Injustice 2 mobile, someone saying they worked on it said some of the characters that would be in it.

Including
Damian Wayne
Swamp Thing
Captain Cold
Mr Freeze
Poison Ivy
Bane
Catwoman
Cheetah
Hal Jordan
John Stewart
Brainiac
Black Adam
Zoom
Dr Fate
Power Girl.

He also posted some art which might just be fan art, but I didn't look hard enough to confirm.

Ryce

Would be a waste of everyones time. They would not do it in house or continue to support it.

Also there was another fakish leak, though this one was awhile back, and it was actually about Injustice 2 mobile, someone saying they worked on it said some of the characters that would be in it.

Including
Damian Wayne
Swamp Thing
Captain Cold
Mr Freeze
Poison Ivy
Bane
Catwoman
Cheetah
Hal Jordan
John Stewart
Brainiac
Black Adam
Zoom
Dr Fate
Power Girl.

He also posted some art which might just be fan art, but I didn't look hard enough to confirm.
Where did you see this?

Khezu

Where did you see this?

/co/.

The thread is long gone though, it was like a month or two ago, and he deleted all the pictures, I just saved them.

He also mentioned Black Manta, but wasn't sure if he was playable, they just had a model.
He said he looked like Black Manta but with more pronounced antennas. He wasn't sure if it was a "NRS design" or just regular BM.

Khezu

Pretty sure Boon said powergirl is costume for Supergirl

Again it's for the mobile version.
So the roster probably won't really match with the console game, and a lot of those characters might just be pallet swaps similar to the first game.

Catwoman/Cheetah, Hal/John, Cold/Freeze Ivy/Swamp thing.

J-Tier

Again it's for the mobile version.
So the roster probably won't really match with the console game, and a lot of those characters might just be pallet swaps similar to the first game.

Catwoman/Cheetah, Hal/John, Cold/Freeze Ivy/Swamp thing.
The latter two are a stretch. Especially Ivy and Swamp Thing. Power wise, Swamp Thing's range of abilities would make it pretty unadaptable to Poison Ivy--and adapting Poison Ivy's would be a very poor representation of Swamp Thing.

Freeze would be a lot less mobile than Cold, he has his big heavy suit which should give him slower normals and a larger model in general.

This is assuming you mean for them to do something similar to Hal/John in Injustice 1, which was a model swap.

Khezu

The latter two are a stretch. Especially Ivy and Swamp Thing. Power wise, Swamp Thing's range of abilities would make it pretty unadaptable to Poison Ivy--and adapting Poison Ivy's would be a very poor representation of Swamp Thing.

Freeze would be a lot less mobile than Cold, he has his big heavy suit which should give him slower normals and a larger model in general.

This is assuming you mean for them to do something similar to Hal/John in Injustice 1, which was a model swap.

No I mean exclusive to the mobile game pallet swap.
They have nothing to do with the console version and are just filler characters for the phone game, similar to stuff like how Darkseid was in the first Injustice.

Since those games are turn based none of it would really matter.

delSai

Link and Mario confirmed as Guest Character for Switch.

Sony also gonna get Kat and Kratos while Microsoft gets generic soldier guy and forza car.

Weird that you'd go with Kratos first instead of the Playstation Character that actually got a DC Comic and is a Superhero/villain :p

Kat would be fun as hell tho.

J-Tier

No I mean exclusive to the mobile game pallet swap.
They have nothing to do with the console version and are just filler characters for the phone game, similar to stuff like how Darkseid was in the first Injustice.

Since those games are turn based none of it would really matter.
I see, that makes more sense :p

Top Bottom