• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 “The Business” Edition Revealed, New Story Details

Loudninja

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGYQVblzl_Y

Hey everybody, we’re back here on PlayStation.Blog today to give you guys an exclusive look at the opening moments of the upcoming PS4 crime drama that kicks off the entire Yakuza series, Yakuza 0. But first, we’ve got some good news for you!
First, we’ve got the details on the launch day edition of Yakuza 0! For those who pre-order and secure a copy when the game launches, we’ve created the special Yakuza 0 “The Business” launch edition! It includes the game, a stainless steel business card holder decorated with Kiryu’s Dragon tattoo and Majima’s “Hanya” tattoo designs. Oh, we also made bi-lingual replicas of their business cards from Tachibana Real Estate and the Cabaret Grand. (We also included a special “Hostesses” card, because Yakuza.)
Second, there have been a lot of people asking for this, and we’re finally confirming here on PlayStation.Blog that Yakuza 0 will have a digital pre-order starting today! The digital version of the game will include a static theme for PS4 featuring the two protagonists.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...id=780754290155540480&adbpl=tw&adbpr=10671602

fuck yes. although this thread is a reminder to me that it's not coming out this year. :(

based on the other thread, it's coming to PC?

Yakuza 0 - Kiryu Trailer

29653647470_fdf1969c60_z.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/29653647470/

29653647650_c7d457bc20_z.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/29653647650/

Hey everybody, we’re back here on PlayStation.Blog today to give you guys an exclusive look at the opening moments of the upcoming PS4 crime drama that kicks off the entire Yakuza series, Yakuza 0. But first, we’ve got some good news for you!

First, we’ve got the details on the launch day edition of Yakuza 0! For those who pre-order and secure a copy when the game launches, we’ve created the special Yakuza 0 “The Business” launch edition! It includes the game, a stainless steel business card holder decorated with Kiryu’s Dragon tattoo and Majima’s “Hanya” tattoo designs.

Oh, we also made bi-lingual replicas of their business cards from Tachibana Real Estate and the Cabaret Grand. (We also included a special “Hostesses” card, because Yakuza.)

Story details at here

Vex_

Banned
I dont know if I want to go back and play Y0 after seeing all that happened up to Y5 already. I cant get excited, but this looks p cool.

BTA

I'm still in the middle of the first one, so thinking about buying 0 at launch is complicated. I could skip to it without issues for the story, but I have all the others to play and it would be hard to go back gameplay-wise...

Awww man :(

If it wasn't a pre-order only thing then I would've been able to get it too. Oh well, life moves on I guess. Still gonna pre-order the shit out of the digital PSN version though!

EDIT: Though if there's one thing to take away from this, is that they're treating this launch with "proper respect" and it's not just a "get it out of the gate" type of thing that they did with Y5. I really really hope this trend continues moving forward.

Shin-chan

The big question, tho. Is Europe getting "The Business" as well?
SEGA Europe is worthless at publishing Japanese games so I'm going to say no until an announcement comes otherwise. The game originally wasn't even announced for us as PSX, we had to wait a few months to get that confirmation.

delSai

I'll buy whatever version we're getting here in the Europas but "THE BUSINESS" edition still looks really cool. Hope we'll get it too!

that's a bold claim lol

there are plenty of places where you can pre-order the game

Yea, no idea what people are talking about. It's up for preorder on Amazon, has been for a while too.

mike6467

Woo, keep these coming, they're automatic purchases for me until Sega really fucks them up, don't do that Sega, keep taking my money.

Menitta

Man, that edition is kinda lame IMO. I would get it if it had a Steelbook. I still might get it anyway.

That's a good trailer though.

SEGA Europe is worthless at publishing Japanese games so I'm going to say no until an announcement comes otherwise. The game originally wasn't even announced for us as PSX, we had to wait a few months to get that confirmation.

I'm still confused why they're giving this a retail release. Doesn't fit their current strategy at all

jett

D-Member
That card holder is one of the few actually awesome bonus things I've seen in of these limited editions.

I played a bit of Yakuza 4 and I quite liked what I saw.

Should I buy Yakuza 0?
If you liked Yakuza 4, I see no reason why you wouldn't like, if not love, Yakuza 0.

Plus it's a prequel so you don't need to know any backgrounds or stories to get what's going on.

Nah it fits their strategy. Yakuza 5 was digital only and we complained so we're getting 0 physical. But the next one we get will be digital only again.

Yeah it fits the pattern, like with Hatsune Miku

With "strategy" I meant more "lol Japanese games"
just to clarify it, this is a pre-order bonus in all retailers right? or do i have to buy it at the sega store?

ive been refreshing the hell out of amazon

It's the standard SegAtlus "Launch Edition". All first print copies should have it

LiK

preordered on BB. will probably also preorder from Amazon just in case i get shipped one without it.

StayDead

I'm not buying this on the JP PSN store as I already own Yakuza 1 HD in the collection on Wii U, but damn that theme is amazing.

Sure. I'll support Yakuza as much as I can and who knows, if I ever need a card holder, I'll have the sickest card holder in the world.

Top Bottom