• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 “The Business” Edition Revealed, New Story Details

D-Man

Hell yes. I'm excited for this.

If I've already had the game preordered on Amazon before this, do I have to re-order to get "The Business" or should my order be fine the way it is?

lherre

Accurate
Cool. Glad it's not a steelbook - I actually avoided Valkyria Chronicles Remastered at launch because of it.

It depends, I like a lot the Yakuza 4 black steelbook.

Yakuza4.jpg

Hell yes. I'm excited for this.

If I've already had the game preordered on Amazon before this, do I have to re-order to get "The Business" or should my order be fine the way it is?
The first printed copies shipped should have this, so you should be fine the way you are I'd imagine.

Unless they specifically offer a separate version that has it, of course. Which is unlikely.

BasilZero

How is the gameplay like - like what would you compare this to in terms of gameplay?

(Never played a Yakuza game)

Is it like Sleeping Dogs/GTA?

Also would it be a good idea to start at 0 before the first game?

kewlmyc

Yo, that'd actually be useful at work. Day one.

So so far, I need to get in Q1 2017:

Yakuza 0
Nier Automata
Persona 5
Nioh
Tales of Berseria
Horizon Zero Dawn

Fuck my wallet. :/

delSai

How is the gameplay like - like what would you compare this to in terms of gameplay?

Not at all, the closest thing to it is probably Shenmue. You cant steal cars and just shoot random people in the streets. You still have a city to explore with sidequests, minigames and all that but really dont go in expecting it to be as open as a GTA. You pretty much walk/run except for special cases and i dont even know if those are in Zero. Like in 5 you were able to work as a taxi driver.

Kind of like in a RPG, you'll have encounters with punks/yakuza whatever, but can run away if you dont wanna fight. If they get to you, you get into "Fight Mode". You can use objects around you, like trashcans and all that, have 3 attack buttons, a grab and a dodge. You can also equip weapons and choose 'em during battle. Unfortunately i cant go into too much detail because i am not sure what Zero does different, so i could tell you things that dont even happen in this game but are in the older ones. Sorry!

Those games are also really story heavy.

I would say yes since it's a prequel and takes place before Yakuza 1 BUT i heard some people say that it is not a good place to start.

Actually, if you have a Ps4 and a Japanese Account, go and check if the Zero demo is still there. You'll get a feel for the gameplay that way.
I'm not good at explaining stuff, so maybe someone will do a better job and tell you what Yakuza is. And if you still have questions ill try to answer as good as i can.

it's not like GTA or Sleeping Dogs, it's own thing though people like compare it to Shenmue (even though they're different aswell). The best way to describe would be a 3D brawler with RPG elements with tons of minigames and other stuff to do.

Zero is the prequel to the first game, so I don't see much harm in playing that first (aside from gameplay differences unless SEGA does bring over Kiwami).

HardRojo

One of these days I'll get into the Yakuza series, it'd be great if all titles were playable on PS4 in a couple of years.

One of these days I'll get into the Yakuza series, it'd be great if all titles were playable on PS4 in a couple of years.

You can just start from this game. 0 is a prequel so it doesn't assume that the player has any knowledge of the series or it's characters.

It's the best entry point if you don't have access to a PS3.

Why the fuck would I want a business card holder?

It's free (since you can't buy it separately and it doesn't come at any additional cost, it technically is) and it's utterly badass.

I'd respect someone's business card more if they pulled it out of that awesome holder.

xRaizen

Is this a good plce to jump into the series? Haven't played any Yakuza games, though I think I have Yakuza 4 or 5 through PS+

Huh. Now I'm curious if the original Japanese release had it's own Collector's Edition with swag like this.

The Japanese version of the game got a Sega Store exclusive edition that came with a silver hip flask with Majima's tattoo decorating it (it follows in the footsteps of pretty much every Japanese Yakuza special release that comes with something that can store alcohol/drink booze out of).
Japan also got special Vita's and Vita TV's that were decorated with Kiryu's and Majima's tattoos. I caved and grabbed the Majima Vita!

This will be the first game in the series for me. Pretty excited.
Hope you enjoy it! The more people that get into this series with this game, the better.

Is this a good plce to jump into the series? Haven't played any Yakuza games, though I think I have Yakuza 4 or 5 through PS+
4 is the best starting point (barring starting all the way from Y1) since it's an almost entirely new story with new protagonists and characters. 5 kinda works off of 4 but it's still a decent entry point.

0 is the second best starting point since it's a prequel and doesn't assume that the player has any knowledge of the events of the previous games.

Excited to see all of the first timers in here.

I wish Sony was giving this a little more of a marketing push. I think there's a real appeal in the Yakuza series that isn't being tapped into in the West at all. Zero and the remake of the first game are a golden opportunity to give this series another shot in the arm.

Play up its strengths and market it for what it is in a similar way that you might market an Ip-man movie or something, and I think it could do pretty decently.

ZeroX03

Banned
I could actually use a business card holder, so this is quite fortuitous. Hopefully I wouldn't have to import to get it. Thankfully Sega is known for their fine treatment of PAL regions.

TheFlow

Banned
so do I need to cancel my preorder and preorder again for the card holder stuff or will Amazon automatically do it?

KyleCross

Definitely not behind the business cards and holder. They should have just done a steelbook if they were gonna do something like this. Doesn't really matter at the end of the day tho I guess, as it's just a bonus considering I was already dropping the same price on the game.

Top Bottom