• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 “The Business” Edition Revealed, New Story Details

wow, surprised we're getting physical disc. I think the sales of this will actually decide whether we're getting Yakuza 6 or not, no more charities from Sony I guess, although I'm still thankful we got Yakuza 5 and 0.

do we know if Yakuza 5 make it's localization money back?

based on the other thread, it's coming to PC?
got it

now i wonder will the actual box still say "console exclusive" or "only on playstation"

from playstation blog from SEGA
+ John Hardin on September 27th, 2016 at 7:01 am said:
Hey. So, I know that box tag seems a bit ambiguous as to its meaning, but a PC version is not in the cards. The PS4 version is the only version that will exist in the west. (Other point: it was released on the PS3 in Japan, but the PS3 version will not release in the west.)

Day 0, and very pleasantly surprised we're getting a physical release.

January is too far. I played the original way back when it released but I've fallen off the series since, seeing how much they've advanced the formula by Zero is extremely impressive.

from playstation blog from SEGA

too bad i dont have the source of this gif and the skills to edit it

Jq2EG3Q.gif

on a side note, Yakuza 0 in top 20 of best sellers on amazon

feels good man

PC version not in the cards doesn't mean it can never come to PC one day. It's not like it's locked out from never coming to PC, just that the devs don't bother porting it to PC in the near future, or ever

Just don't pining for one, it may happen one day, or it may never happen. This is the current reality of some developers.

Dr.brain64

Wasted
No
Time

Preordered physical. Amazon Canada shows ''only on playstation'' logo so no pc it seems (wanted them cheats).

Gonna do my part and get this game. I've been itching to play some after all the recent hype. But too many games releasing this fall and my PS3 it's on its last legs. I'm praying for Sony to add 3-5 on PS Now.

Shoeless

I will buy digitally on PS4. My first Yakuza and i have high hope for this series.

I'm mostly digital this generation, and I was expecting to do the same for Yakuza 0, but, hilariously, my wife forced my hand to do the opposite. She doesn't play Yakuza, but avidly watches the soap operatics when I play these games, so she's heavily invested in the adventures of Kiryu. When she found out that one of the physical pre-order bonuses was the business card case, she told me, with no room for negotiation, that I was ordering that, instead of the digital, so she could use that as her business card case when she's at meetings.

She's basically already anticipating 95% of her clients going "Gee whiz, where'd you get that?" and looking forward to the 5% that flip out and go, "Is that Dragon of Dojima on your card case? WTF, THAT'S SO COOL..."

KRaZyAmmo

I'm mostly digital this generation, and I was expecting to do the same for Yakuza 0, but, hilariously, my wife forced my hand to do the opposite. She doesn't play Yakuza, but avidly watches the soap operatics when I play these games, so she's heavily invested in the adventures of Kiryu. When she found out that one of the physical pre-order bonuses was the business card case, she told me, with no room for negotiation, that I was ordering that, instead of the digital, so she could use that as her business card case when she's at meetings.

She's basically already anticipating 95% of her clients going "Gee whiz, where'd you get that?" and looking forward to the 5% that flip out and go, "Is that Dragon of Dojima on your card case? WTF, THAT'S SO COOL..."
Your wife is the best

lupinko

PC version not in the cards doesn't mean it can never come to PC one day. It's not like it's locked out from never coming to PC, just that the devs don't bother porting it to PC in the near future, or ever

Just don't pining for one, it may happen one day, or it may never happen. This is the current reality of some developers.

Yeah but with this franchise and especially since not only is it Nagoshi's baby but Nagoshi pretty much is one of the bigger honchos of Sega now, it's unlikely this will leave the PlayStation family again.

They tried with WiiU in Japan and it failed miserably. Also part 6 lets Kiryu use an Xperia.

Top Bottom