• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR has sold over 900,000 units to date

vivftp

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/...ales.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.ca/

It turns out Mr. House was too cautious. The headset, PlayStation VR, has been scarce in many stores, especially in Japan, since it went on sale in October. In an interview at his Silicon Valley office on Friday, Mr. House revealed PlayStation VR’s sales for the first time, saying consumers had purchased 915,000 of the headsets as of Feb. 19, roughly four months after it went on sale.

More at the article

emrober5

Much like PS4 Pro, Sony can't keep it in stock.Hard to judge how high the demand actually is.

Personally I think PSVR is dead, but the Pro will end up being very successful (maybe because I only have the Pro).

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Has there been anything announced since RE7? Where is this thing going...? Support seems completely dead

Boke1879

Much like PS4 Pro, Sony can't keep it in stock.Hard to judge how high the demand actually is.

Personally I think PSVR is dead, but the Pro will end up being very successful (maybe because I only have the Pro).

More games like Resident Evil need to take advantage of this peripheral.

Frodo

If I were a developer, would I develop a game for a 900.000 userbase?

I mean, for an expensive accessory, it seems to have done okay? But I don't see it being really supported going forwards. Not to mention the fact that it appears to be forever sold out everywhere.

Has there been anything announced since RE7? Where is this thing going...? Support seems completely dead
Two studio's in house are working on vr games and there are a bunch of vr games listed for this year but I feel listing them will turn into something else

Edit:jesus vr threads are still like this.. Yikes

But do you invest in making games like re7 for a peripheral with only 900k install base? Its very much a damned if you do damned if you don't.

Thankfully RE7 is just fine alone without VR and they didn't design it completely around VR. Making VR support optional, is good enough.

Dead hardware.

Sony knows it, which is why their projections are so minuscule. This thing is a Trojan to maybe one day turn VR mainstream. Don't act surprised when Sony pulls support for the thing because it failed to get traction.

gtj1092

If I were a developer, would I develop a game for a 900.000 userbase?

I mean, for an expensive accessory, it seems to have done okay? But I don't see it being really supported going forwards. Not to mention the fact that it appears to be forever sold out everywhere.

So are you advocating for no VR games at all?

Also this is a good number.

Orbis

Sounds like a pretty solid number there, especially given the price and need for extra accessories. Hopefully more titles are announced to keep it well supported.

madmackem

Dead hardware.

Sony knows it, which is why their projections are so minuscule. This thing is a Trojan to maybe one day turn VR mainstream. Don't act surprised when Sony pulls support for the thing because it failed to get traction.
Well if it's dead for Sony oculus and htc should bail out now as combined they've sold less than Sony have.

Top Bottom