• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: The Expendables 2 Rated PG-13 (Because Chuck Norris loves the kids?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE!!!! It's FUCKING true.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52774

From the link.
Our final battle is one for the ages. The PG13 rumor is true, but before your readers pass judgement, trust me when I say this film is LARGE in every way and delivers on every level. This movie touches on many emotions which we want to share with the broadest audience possible, BUT, fear not, this Barbeque of Grand scale Ass Bashing will not leave anyone hungry...Sly

oKW60.png

Old news:

http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-the-expendables-2-rated-pg13-chuck-norris/

Even if it didn’t ultimately deliver, so much of the first Expendables‘ appeal lay in its promise of no-holds-barred action: big stars, bigger guns, and limitless violence, all topped off with heaping dose of salty language. It’s tough to imagine a tamer, more family-friendly version of the movie having the same pull, and yet if a new rumor is to be believed, that may be exactly what we’re getting with The Expendables 2 — and it may all be Walker, Texas Ranger’s fault.

In a recent interview with the Polish site Gazeta, star Chuck Norris claimed that per one of his conditions for signing on to the project, The Expendables 2 would be cleaning up for a PG-13 classification. (The first Expendables movie received an R for violence and language.)

What Norris said:
With The Expendables 2, you have a lot of hard language in there that means that means that young people won’t be able to see it. I said, I don’t do movies like that. I didn’t do them in the past, I didn’t do them on my TV series. I said, you have to cut out all the language, hardcore language or I can’t do it. So they did, and Expendables is now a PG-13 film so kids can see it.

Fuck you Norris!

So Stallone neutered his movie just so that a shitty played out ironic internet meme could be in it? Can we make it G rated and have a cameo by keyboard cat?

mollipen

Adult language doesn't actually add anything to a movie 99% of the time, so I don't really see a problem with this.

Then again, I'm not the target market for these movies, so my opinion on the topic might not be the most relevant.

RS4-

Maybe it's just the swearing that was cut while the violence is still intact.

Just saying 'fuck' gets you anything but a PG rating or something.

I've never personally found myself liking or disliking a movie based on it's rating. Not sure how that could really make a difference to so many people.

These movies should be for the kids aged 13 or so anyway.
Sure, they just shook the man-child hive, but let them cry...they'll go see the movie anyway.

Derrick01

Banned
Why would Stallone do this? I would have laughed in his face and told him to politely fuck off. This guy thinks he's Clooney or something to be turning down film roles because his demands aren't met, he should be thankful someone still wants him for something.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Such a weird statement:

I'm not OK with kids hearing fowl language. I AM OK with kids watching people get shot to death and murdered in the most over the top ways.

Graphically shooting a guy in the head < Swearing < Nudity

Got it!

Radec

Let's just hope Chuck Norris ain't the villain.

Or Expendables 3 wouldn't be the same

...without Sly, Lee, Statham, Crews, and Couture. :p

Fei

Seems ridiculous that Norris has made violent movies his entire career but is worried about foul language.

Edit - Exactly, RubxQub.

Disappointing but neither the language nor the violence were that appealing/fun in EX1.

Unlike Rambo (2008) which was all kinds of awesome.

Raistlin

I love how the hardcore language is what is supposedly causing the R ... not the hardcore violence. America ... Fuck Yeah!

In all seriousness though, if that really is the reason ... I'd be fine with this if they actually shoot dual scenes with language and without for an unrated release. That said, obviously I wouldn't bother seeing it in theaters though.

Also - Chuck Norris' tears cure swearing. And unfortunately this time, he does cry.

:\

Red

These movies should be for the kids aged 13 or so anyway.
Sure, they just shook the man-child hive, but let them cry...they'll go see the movie anyway.

The Expendables is a love letter to 80s action fans, and I'm pretty sure most 13 year olds were not around back then.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Big deal, it's gonna be mediocre anyway.
;)
EDIT: Also, relax people, it's a rumor.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
This can't be true. I would much prefer that the movie be made WITHOUT Mr. Norris than be cleaned up for a PG-13 rating. This movie has to be an R rating. Come on Stallone, tell that man to walk and make the movie the way you want to damnit....

When Chuck Norris was announced as being in this movie I said I wouldn't watch it just because his crazy ass is in it. Now it looks like he is going to try to ruin for everyone else who still wanted to see it too.

Such a weird statement:

I'm not OK with kids hearing fowl language. I AM OK with kids watching people get shot to death and murdered in the most over the top ways.

Got it!

America fuck yeah!

Deadstar

Why not go all the way? Make the film G rated and turn it into a cartoon. That's what the kids want, right? RIGHT!?

legacyzero

Banned
Wow. Movie is basically ruined. What's the point? You get the worlds best dudebros together to do a movie, I expect it to be somewhat filthy!

Looks like the internet was wrong all these years and Chuck Norris is actually world's biggest pussy.
The gag was based on the fact that the guy was moron but his movies always tried to make him look like the biggest badass ever, people not getting the joke has lead to this.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
How many times does Chuck Norris have to act like a fucking dickbag before the majority of people realize he is in fact, a fucking dickbag.

Chuckie

Such a weird statement:

Got it!

This x 1000

I never understood why when a head gets chopped off people are like: "Nice huh little Jimmy" but when you see a boob "OMG think of the children!!!!!"

Seda

Adult language doesn't actually add anything to a movie 99% of the time, so I don't really see a problem with this.

Then again, I'm not the target market for these movies, so my opinion on the topic might not be the most relevant.

this pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom