• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: The Expendables 2 Rated PG-13 (Because Chuck Norris loves the kids?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
boo-man.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
America is so weird. This old fart would rather kids saw people being stabbed and exploded than hear a few shits and fucks? I get that a lower rating = a wider audience, but it's still lame.

Dali

Well since the whole idea of the Expendables series is about 20 years too late and the first one sucked anyway, I really can't say this news, if true, affects my opinion on what will no doubt be another shit-tastic action flick.

Is this true?

Invasion USA was a PG-13 movie??

Didn't he like convincing choke a Vietnamese general to death in one of those Delta Force movies too (which I think were all R)?

Is this true?

Invasion USA was a PG-13 movie??

Nope. He must have forgot about the movies he made through 82-92

The Hitman (1991) R
Delta Force 2: Operation Stranglehold (1990) R
Hero and the Terror (1988) R
The Delta Force (1986) R
Firewalker (1986) PG
Invasion U.S.A. (1985) R
Missing in Action 2 & 3 (1985) R
Code of Silence (1985) R
Missing in Action (1984) R
Lone Wolf McQuade (1983) PG
Forced Vengeance (1982) R
Silent Rage (1982) R

Nope. He must have forgot about the movies he made through 82-92

The Hitman (1991) R
Delta Force 2: Operation Stranglehold (1990) R
Hero and the Terror (1988) R
The Delta Force (1986) R
Firewalker (1986) PG
Invasion U.S.A. (1985) R
Missing in Action 2 & 3 (1985) R
Code of Silence (1985) R
Missing in Action (1984) R
Lone Wolf McQuade (1983) PG
Forced Vengeance (1982) R
Silent Rage (1982) R

LOL yup.

So this "rumor" is likely bullshit.

Dabanton

LOL at Norris

Although saying that while his 80's movies were violent i don't really recall strong language being present.

Dali

LOL at Norris

Although saying that while his 80's movies were violent i don't really recall strong language being present.
Yeah that comment was focused directly on the language side of things. I guess he's got a point. Rereading it it seems like the whole reason for the rating change - if true - was toned down language with everything else left intact.

My thing is his perception that graphic violence is more okay for kids than potty mouth. Of course that seems to be an ironic point of american culture in general. Titties = bad. Cutting a man's heart out = A-ok

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
LOL yup.

So this "rumor" is likely bullshit.

But it's a translated quote from a Polish newspaper from Chuck himself!...so Chuck lied to the paper, the paper mistranslated or misheard...or Chuck is a mother fucker as described.

There's a 66% chance that Chuck is still evil here so I'm willing to keep shaking my torch in disgust until things clear up.

I was hoping for Rambo type violence. Do you guys actually realize how nasty and gritty the last Rambo was? I remember sitting in the theater thinking Jesus this is crazy.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
If anyone seriously thinks Norris has enough juice to change the rating of a movie then I don't know what to say. This is a studio decision.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
This x 1000

I never understood why when a head gets chopped off people are like: "Nice huh little Jimmy" but when you see a boob "OMG think of the children!!!!!"

Because this country was founded by sexually repressed religious extremists.

I hope this is true because it'd be hilarious, and The Expendables wasn't actually a good movie so it's not like it'd be a big loss.

Bloodrage

Banned
I wouldn't even watch this trash for free if he gets his way. I'd actually fire the old fool (insert herp derp "you don't fire Chuck Norris, he fires you with a flaming roundhouse kick" here) and begin filming scenes of kids dying in his name.

Derrick01

Banned
I was hoping for Rambo type violence. Do you guys actually realize how nasty and gritty the last Rambo was? I remember sitting in the theater thinking Jesus this is crazy.

Me and a friend were laughing and saying holy shit pretty much the whole movie, later realizing that we were the only ones who seemed to enjoy it. I remember looking over at his girlfriend at one point in the movie and she looked like she was going to throw up.

I just went back and watched that last big battle scene, with the mounted gun...holy shit it's brutal lol

Bloodrage

Banned
I remember buying the "extended cut" and then giving it away after realizing that some of the violence had actually been modified and/or removed. A shame, really.

RealMeat

Banned
He dropped an F bomb in Code of Silence. Sounded really awkward saying it, but you could say the same about the rest of the dialog in that movie.

I don't really care whether they swear in EX2. But if it's PG-13, surely that means the violence has been toned down as well? There was some fairly gory stuff in EX1, like a dude's entire torso getting blown off in the opening scene.

Adult language rarely adds anything to a film. Looking back on the classic action films of the 70s and 80s they weren't nearly as profane as R-rated films are today. Plus the last Expendable film was horribly written anyway, I doubt taking out curse words is going to hurt the sequel's quality.

This will certainly hurt the level of violence in the film, but then again you can make a good action film without ridiculous violence. And again, it's not like the first Expendables (or the new Rambo) were good films with all that violence

Imm0rt4l

I didn't have faith in this movie to begin with. Also, I don't see why the film needs chuck norris, aside from chuck norris jokes he's been mostly irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom