• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighter Within for Xbox One video leaked

"And here's a demo of it in action"
Close window after 2 seconds.

This looks very familiar, was this supposed to be an Kinect 1 game at some point?

Quentyn

lol, Dean Takahashi breaking embargoes. I don't think that game has officially been announced yet.

Looks terrible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lag on the backdash lol

The lag on the jabs seems pretty inconsistent though. At times it's indistinguishably close to the jab and at others it's delayed. Seems like there are recognition issues. Doesn't help the people playing are flailing everywhere.

Kinect has it's place, but this reminds me of playing boxing on the Wii with my brother. I tried to take is serious and be strategic. He did this
N7w2hg9.gif

and kicked my ass.

watershed

Banned
I could imagine a tactical style fighting game with Kinect, kind of like a bushido blade game but with boxing instead. But this game looks like it will be a flailing mess with cinematic blows peppered in.

Gori

Dammit, I thought this was first person? Use Kinect to let me step right in the game, not this shit.

Kopite

Oh man this interviewer is just comedy gold. The way he just goes "Uh, huh uh", how he swings the camera around to Yves and then lowers the camera to sort of focus on the girls ass. Even his voice sounds like the Facial Abuse guy.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Huge latency, or am I mistaken? Look at the right player:

fighterwithin_latencynezqm.gif

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
The VG Leaks info gives us hard data.

It's improved. It's still not good.

Just reading some stuff on IGN and other sites and they say the input lag has almost disappeared. I guess the reality is that it hasn't.
It would explain why no Kinect games were shown at E3.

monome

Dance Central 4 is all I need to make Kinect 2.0 worthwhile. Let me have 4players and I'll be happy.

this.
only reason why I don't care about a kinect less sku.

that, plus I'm a console whore and still believe consoles are presents from Gods and not products by greedy corps.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Just reading some stuff on IGN and other sites and they say the input lag has almost disappeared. I guess the reality is that it hasn't.
It would explain why no Kinect games were shown at E3.

I'm going to guess IGN was looking at a raw mapping of depth data, maybe overlaid with a video of themselves.

If there was a video overlay or thumbnail, it would of course look like there's no latency...because the video would be synched to depth map. The depth map itself would be only half the story as far as processing involved for most games goes.

All totally different to a real game using skeleton tracking.

Top Bottom