• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'PS4 as quiet as a mouse and as powerful as a lion', says Ripstone

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Indie publisher Ripstone Games has received an exciting delivery at its Liverpool-based office this week.

Co-founder and Creative Director of Ripstone, Phil Gaskell, has got his hands on a PlayStation 4 console ahead of its U.K. launch on November 29, 2013. As you can see he looks very excited, and we can’t really blame him.

ripstone.jpg

Sony has already confirmed that the PS4 would be quieter than the PS3 due to fans being placed at a different angle and in a different position inside the console, but the proof is really in the testing. When asked: Does it sounds like a jet taking off?” Ripstone replied: “Not at all, it’s as quiet as a mouse & as powerful as a lion!”

Sadly, Phil doesn’t go into detail over what he believes makes his shiny new console so powerful, but we can’t wait to find out. Of course, efficient cooling fans isn’t one of the main PS4 features we’re looking forward to, but it’s good to hear that Sony has delivered on its promise of a more ventilated system.

If you want to find out more about Ripstone, check out the official site. Ripstone is the publisher behind some great indie games such as Big Sky Infinity and Knytt Underground.

http://www.psu.com/a021340/PS4-as-quiet-as-a-mouse-and-as-powerful-as-a-lion-says-Ripstone-

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Potential sex reference.

Good news!

grumble

Good news! Quieter consoles are better consoles. I'm still surprised that the PS4 manages to be such a small package and still remain quiet, considering it's a stronger system than the Xbone.

Daffy Duck

**** it, this has pushed me over the edge, I'm getting a PS4 first.

9sk.gif

Just look at how high that controller 'stands'.

Raydeen

Quiet as a mouse?

So what he is really saying is when playing Killzone your ears are assaulted to the scurrying of tiny footsteps?

Fuck you Sony! Next Gen Experience RUINED!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Don't worry, PC guys, there are plenty of animals more powerful than a lion in the animal kingdom.

UNCMark

Banned
That's an excellent combo. Now if we could get Sony themselves to be less silent and start releasing OS/UI and game footage, that'd be great.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I can hear my PS3's fan idling from across the room during the night. I have to usually unplug it now.
Don't worry, PC guys, there are plenty of animals more powerful than a lion in the animal kingdom.
You mean mythical creatures? Like phoenix's, el chulathingies, maybe even a puma?

OmegaDL50

I wonder how the dimensions stack up when measured next to the PS3 Slim. They seem similar in size.

Considering the AMD Jaguar are laptop / mini-PC based CPU's designed for very low power output / TDP, it's not surprising the PS4 would be quiet since it's also using a custom chipset based on the Jaguar.

FortMajor

Banned
I'm sure those mobile/indie games are really taxing the hardware.

I'm sure the ps4 is quiet but I will take feedback from somebody not wearing dualshock controller tshirt lol.

Mr.Speedy

Banned
I honestly don't understand how a console that powerful and that quite won't overheat when the case is the size that it is and the psu is internal. The PS4 engineering is outstanding.

Top Bottom