• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear Watch_Dogs: please take note. (New Infamous Second Son Screenshots Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

I found that the inFAMOUS series have always had terrible looking HUDs. At least this is a step up! I'm still getting it on day one since I enjoyed the hell out of inFAMOUS 2.
I like the HUD besides the power bar it looks bad,IF1 and IF2 had a better power bar.

The map looks 100% and I like the karma counter as well.

iratA

In regards to Infamous SS pics... this game looks crazy. Only a few more days!

In regards to Watchdogs... I hope the PS4 version isn't being held back for parity with Xbox One. If the PS4 hardware is more flexible, then the Devs should be using it to elevate their games.

80 person dev team on one console > 500 person dev team on 4 consoles and PC

What are you trying to say? having 80 people just working on the ps4 version is good they can be organized run a tight ship no one gets messed up... on the other hand keeping 500 people on the same page is a bit more tough than lets say.. 80?? Plus it's coming to all the old systems so the ps4 version is going to be a souped up version of the old version thus making it hard to get all that xone and ps4 power..

But.. does this mean they are lowering those incredibly high recommended pc specs?

Sorry started talking about watch dogs.. but the game is in the op

Amazing visuals, best looking next gen game so far but I think it's a bit unfair comparing it to WD considering from the gameplay we have seen of both so far the city is much more populated and alive in WD.

Hmm, Iv'e gone on record with this game quite abit, As someone that just didn't get excited everytime I saw the game played, As I didn't play the first 2 Infamous games as mainly played the 360.

But......Those shots are incredible and The last video I saw the gameplay looked abit better so iv'e just pre-ordered this as im now more sold on it. And if its crap least I get the option of selling it, Perks of console gaming.

Damn that just goes to show you how good this game looks when a few people think these shots taken with mine and a few others PS4 share button are bullshots.

yurinka

I didn't know that 3rd party crossgen multiplatform games should look better than single console next gen exclusives. I'd also would wait to see both final games running in real hardware instead fo bullshots and highly compressed youtube videos.
Honestly I think the very first watchdogs footage was way more impressive
Well, seems it was running in a top noch high-end PC from when next-gen specs weren't known so isn't a fair comparision.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Well, seems it was running in a top noch high-end PC from when next-gen specs weren't known so isn't a fair comparision.
The Orbis raw GPU specs were known to leakers and weren't changed at all since the very first leak.
If enthusiasts knew, then Ubisoft knew.

KoopaTheCasual

I didn't know that 3rd party crossgen multiplatform games should look better than single console next gen exclusives. I'd also would wait to see both final games running in real hardware instead fo bullshots and highly compressed youtube videos.

I take it you didn't even read the OP?

eso76

I don't even think WD original unveiling was that impressive, it was mostly that great wind effect and a few animations that set it apart.

GetemMa

Finally, a game from the new gen consoles that looks new gen.

I guess some would say Killzone: Shadowfall, but I found the visuals underwhelming after playing it myself.

Can't wait to play this. My PS4 has been dormant for too long.

benny_a

Finally, a game from the new gen consoles that looks new gen.

I guess some would say Killzone: Shadowfall, but I found the visuals underwhelming after playing it myself.
I would say that and I think Guerilla and Sony should drop Killzone and never ever make another one. But it's definitely a very visually impressive game.

I mean I guess they could make a third person espionage/infiltration Splinter Cell kind of game in the Killzone universe, but not another FPS.

On Demand

Banned
4YztlSN.jpg

Endo Punk

I would say that and I think Guerilla and Sony should drop Killzone and never ever make another one. But it's definitely a very visually impressive game.

I mean I guess they could make a third person espionage/infiltration Splinter Cell kind of game in the Killzone universe, but not another FPS.

Sony should drop FPS altogether, it's not a genre they're strong in or should bother with since it's already very crowded. Best to push multiplatform shooters like Destiny instead of pumping money into Resistance and KZ.

jayu26

It just sold over 2.1 million...I think they will make another one of those.

Don't get me wrong. Infamous looks beautiful but comparing it to Watch_Dogs isn't fair. It seems like it at first (next gen open world games) but they're doing different things. For example, I haven't seen nearly the amount of NPCs on screen in Infamous that Watch Dogs has. Each of those NPCs has a decent amount of info and AI attached to them. WD is a cross platform game while Infamous has the luxury of targeting one platform (and we all know the advantages that has traditionally brought graphics-wise). The contexts are too different to knock WD based on Infamous.

benny_a

It just sold over 2.1 million...I think they will make another one of those.
It clearly doesn't have that much retention if you look at the multiplayer and the FPS genre has so many entries that it would be nice if the platform holders used their money to diversify the gaming landscape instead of creating me-too products.

Qassim

It looks really good - the character effects, the city, the style, looks great. I'm super excited that this will be pretty much the first game I actually play on my PS4 since I got it @ launch.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Sony should drop FPS altogether, it's not a genre they're strong in or should bother with since it's already very crowded.
Decision of what kind of game they want to make is down to the studios themselves, not Sony doling projects out to them. Talk the individual studios out of it, they're the ones who decide they want to make FPS games or something else entirely. 'Course you might have a hard time with Guerrilla seeing how their FPSes continue to sell millions despite the fact they aren't apparently "strong" enough.

Cambridge is likely to take over the KZ i.p

jayu26

It clearly doesn't have that much retention if you look at the multiplayer and the FPS genre has so many entries that it would be nice if the platform holders used their money to diversify the gaming landscape instead of creating me-too products.
All I know is that at this point I would bet on Sony making another Killzone. personally I don't like Killzone and hate the fact that it's existence means that I will never get another Resistance game. However, people on this forum need to understand that there are gamers who are really into Killzone single player. It's a profitable franchise because of those gamers, and that's why they will keep making them.

maxcriden

This has probably already been covered, but doesn't Watch_Dogs have people walking around in the city? Infamous has no pedestrians or vehicles, though, right? (Admittedly I don't know that much about Infamous: Second Son, and I do think its graphics look amazingly impressive. I'm just wondering about this one particular point.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom