• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear Watch_Dogs: please take note. (New Infamous Second Son Screenshots Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timu

Cool man, can't wait to see your shots then because as good as these look, they look even better on my TV.
Mine will be over 2MB because I only use PNGs.XD

Yeah, I'm afraid you're right. I just found that the files are in .jpg format so that only means they're also compressed. However, they are full resolution versions making them better than the ones shared on Facebook and/or Twitter. I have corrected my post to say full resolution instead of uncompressed.
Yes, they are much better than Facebook/Twitter ones because those are compression city and should be avoided.

You know I remember when they showed that reveal trailer last Feb at the PS Meeting and I wondered how close the graphics in the final game would come to that trailer. I never imagined the final game would match ot 100%.

DieH@rd

Banned
What?=O Just because it was captured at that file size doesn't mean it's uncompressed, for example, my old capture card did KZSF screens at 1MB and yet they were still compressed due to the encoding of the capture card. Heck even when I used PNGs they didn't look all that different due to my old capture card. In motion there would be artifacts.D= My new capture card captures everything uncompressed though.

I know... I just hate Facebook image compressing [Twitter is even worse].

viveks86

You know I remember when they showed that reveal trailer last Feb at the PS Meeting and I wondered how close the graphics in the final game would come to that trailer. I never imagined the final game would match ot 100%.

It seems like Sony has learnt from past mistakes and made it very clear to the studios that the bullshitting needs to stop. I hope drive club and deep down reach their targets as well. This would be a good precedent for all other publishers/devs out there.

boeso

Got the first batch of screenshots from WordsintheWater and here they are with a less compression. Enjoy!

zGG9047.jpg

Took me a while to realise that wasn't a fish flying through the air.

I'm disappointed in the visuals. I keep seeing shadows; I was told there weren't any. Is it too much to ask to get a game with no shadows? Dammit Sucker Punch!

It seems like Sony has learnt from past mistakes and made it very clear to the studios that the bullshitting needs to stop. I hope drive club and deep down reach their targets as well. This would be a good precedent for all other publishers/devs out there.

I really hope that trend continues. No publisher nor developer would like a backlash similar to what Watch_Dogs is getting right now. It might still be too early to completely write it off (graphics-wise, that is), but it's not really going to help the game in any way.

Caayn

I'm not going to judge either games graphics
haven't played either yet :(
. But folks need to keep in mind that infamous is an exclusive title were as Watch Dogs is a multiplatform title which appears on 6 different platforms.
Pretty significant UPgrade, for once
It's a nice change.

viveks86

I'm not going to judge either games graphics
haven't played either yet :(
. But folks need to keep in mind that infamous is an exclusive title were as Watch Dogs is a multiplatform title which appears on 6 different platforms.

Agreed. I avoid game comparisons in general and I especially don't like this comparison at all. Those are some pretty high standards that you shouldn't expect from a ubisoft cross gen game.

Having said that, the whole downgrade controversy is valid until Ubisoft proves otherwise. But let's not take advantage of that negative sentiment and start rubbing it in their face.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder how this will look on my crappy 720p/1080i TV.

Chettlar

Banned
can we change his shoes?

inFamous® Now with customizable shoes!™

Express your creativity through shoes! Choose through an assortment of 100 different kicks to adorn your kickers while you kick ass! (and murder policemen with chains that you can't customize because we didn't have time but hey we'll include that via microtransactions.).

Preorder now to get the exclusive, limited edition flying fish™ shoes.*

________
*Offer limited to preorders from Gamestop Inc. inFamous Second Son® and inFamous® are property of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc.

Ishan

Anyone at the stage where they can explain how Delsin heals without any spoilers, or is it predicated on a power we don't know?

its nothing spoilerey at all but ill still tag it none the less
its just hes a conduit so he naturally heals faster ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom