• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
let my gf play this worst decision ever, she is bad with the controls so i helped her but she got scared shitless, sleeping with the lights on tonight sadly, goddamn

Shoeless

You want to do your actions when the creepy music isn't playing.

There's probably something to this. I didn't want to be possessed so I always made sure I was standing still and looking at something when the creepy music and sound effects started, and I did manage to finish it. All my actions took place only when the creepy music wasn't playing, except for the actual phone call, which happened in the middle of a creepy music sequence.

vypek

Exactly. Second giggle doesn't seem step related though

Okay, this is huge. We are so close to this. It could be interaction with one item or a string of items. /* Or another 10 steps somewhere. */ Or going back to the clock or phone.

EDIT: Nevermind, not step related. Lol. Should have read better.

Tempest: Xaos you have to trigger the first giggle everytime. From there you figure out what to do.

I sent the message.

So the only thing left is to figure out how he gets the 2nd, right?

Pretty much. He did it the last two times by doing ten-step walks from the phone to the clock, back again, and from the phone to the hall with the bathroom door and back again, pausing between every walk and looking at some of what we believe are the keys in those areas. IIRC, on those attempts, he never went further than 10 steps away from the phone for his second laugh. On one of these two attempts, the phone didn't ring immediately after the second giggle, but he followed the same routine and got a third laugh, stood perfectly still, and the phone rang.

EDIT: He didn't seem to need to complete the picture puzzle, or die by the ghost, or be possessed. In fact, he seemed convinced to avoid the latter. He also never reset the room.

Crillfingers

Neo Member
10 Steps things also working for me. Just waited staring at the phone (not zoomed in), wait until the music is entirely finished, turn around and take 10 steps and get the baby giggle, but also can't figure out how to get the second one.

djshauny

Banned
Ive beat it once. No idea how I did the last step.

Trying to do it again and I can only get the baby to laugh once lol.

I might give up for the night lol

I JUST beat the game. I stared at the phone and didn't move for about 3 minutes, got the baby giggle, then waited for the music to end and walked over slowly to the radio and got the second giggle. I walked back over to the phone and waited for a few second, then my controller began to vibrate. After that, I got the third giggle and the phone rang. I had to loop like 15 times just to get that set of giggles.

Krammy

Is it safe to assume there isn't an order to how you get the giggles? Like the ten step one doesn't have to be the first one you get?

IrishNinja

Nothing is guaranteed

just like life~

Never finished MGS1 because my copy was glitched.

Unable to do anything against Psycho Mantis, shit pissed me off. ):<

see that shit is the worst! just like my buddy saying later on they wanted a code on the box...WHAT FUCKING BOX

Reset the game and see if it works again.

i can confirm the 10 step thing worked on my end, too...one part down at least

It totally does.

shit ain't right

Yes. I just beat it again doing what I did above. I recorded a video, I'll upload it now.

man fuck your shit cudders yes bruh please do

Lucent

I just think the pausing thing is weird since I don't think that girl who beat it the first time paused.

I really wish Kojima would tell us how this is done. Kind of hard to appreciate a random puzzle. I just want to know what the logic is behind the puzzle so I can go "ahhhh okay" instead of "no, you're stupid. This isn't smart. Go away, Kojima." lol

vypek

Pretty much. He did it the last two times by doing ten-step walks from the phone to the clock, back again, and from the phone to the hall with the bathroom door and back again, pausing between every walk and looking at some of what we believe are the keys in those areas. IIRC, on those attempts, he never went further than 10 steps away from the phone for his second laugh. On one of these two attempts, the phone didn't ring immediately after the second giggle, but he followed the same routine and got a third laugh, stood perfectly still, and the phone rang.

EDIT: He didn't seem to need to complete the picture puzzle, or die by the ghost, or be possessed. In fact, he seemed convinced to avoid the latter. He also never reset the room.

Cool. Seems pretty interesting. Can you let us know if that works consistently?

Is it safe to assume there isn't an order to how you get the giggles? Like the ten step one doesn't have to be the first one you get?

I'm not entirely sure ten steps are important at all. I think it's more likely that it's just the distance between some of the key objects happen to be in that range.

IrishNinja

I'm not entirely sure ten steps are important at all. I think it's more likely that it's just the distance between some of the key objects happen to be in that range.

this may be true - i took mine from the edge of the phone's desk/thing and ended up close to the exit door; i wonder if taking it a bit more left - which'd run you closer to the wall with the "hell" writing on it - would produce the same result

DOWN

Banned
I hope they officially explain it soon. We already know the reveal so I just wish they'd explain it now.

KurowaSan

Don't know if anyone has said it, but the 10 steps strategy works from any position. I've entered the loop, took like two or three steps, waited for the bell chimes and the ghost sound to stop, counted to ten up to the phone and it worked. Same when I went from the river picture to the phone.

tagrat

Just got the second laugh. Happened to be stopped during a ghost noise right next the phone. Then I moved slightly closer, got the vibration and zoomed in.

Oh, one other detail I failed to mention that might be important. He'd start off the run in the room by quickly looking over the suspected objects before standing in front of the radio/just across from the Hell wall, during the first creepy music interval. After the music stopped, zoom on the hell wall and the radio. That's where he started his runs, so 10 steps back to the phone from there, to get his first laugh. Then 10 steps in either direction from the phone, to the clock area, back to the phone, back out into the hall, pausing between (10 steps) and not moving at all during creepy music time.

I am in the part after the
fucking godammit girl killed me
, then everything went dark excep for the first light and a voice telling me to look behind me and after that I dunno what to do. go some photo pieces and weird noise from the bath again but cant trigger anything

Jabba

Banned
Ah okay. Well maybe XaosWolf will be able to recreate it or figure it out

EDIT: Looks like dazexus is watching Xaos now

Seems to be working for XaosWolf

Ok I've looped and so far so good for first. The more consistency the better. It will give everyone the same starting point. Which will allow people to work on 2nd giggle.

So upset with my husband right now. He told me he wanted me to try this "demo". So I put the headphones on and right away realized what he was up to. He knows how easily I scare with these types of games. I end up screaming and handing him the controller. Watching on the side, I'm still screaming, but it was hilarious to watch him get the same way.

IrishNinja

Oh, one other detail I failed to mention that might be important. He'd start off the run in the room by quickly looking over the suspected objects before standing in front of the radio/just across from the Hell wall, during the first creepy music interval. After the music stopped, zoom on the hell wall and the radio. That's where he started his runs, so 10 steps back to the phone from there, to get his first laugh. Then 10 steps in either direction from the phone, to the clock area, back to the phone, back out into the hall, pausing between (10 steps) and not moving at all during creepy music time.

shit...this sounds like we're really getting somewhere now!

Crillfingers

Neo Member
It seems like the resetting is what resets the 10 step thing. At least for me, i get it every single time after I first reset, then unable to do so again after the first time.

Dsyndrome

Did the watch the phone, turn around, walk toward the radio, hear baby giggle, go say hi to baby for a bit, turn around, hear phone ring, and I'm chosen. Best teaser I've ever played. Can't wait for Silent Hills!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom