• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Unity patch mistakenly 39gb on X1, no ETA on fix

We have received and confirmed reports that some Xbox One players who have previously applied Patch 3 are seeing a 40GB download instead of the expected 6.7GB download. Unfortunately, an issue with the patch downloading process is replacing the entire game instead of just the parts affected by the patch. This is obviously not the expected behavior, and we apologize that many of you will have to wait longer than expected to complete this download. This issue isn't causing any other problems and once the download is completed players will have the most-up-to-date and fully patched version of Assassin's Creed Unity.

We are working with Microsoft on a solution to reduce the total download to the intended size so that you can get back into the game faster, but as of now we have no ETA on when this will be resolved.

Currently there is one known workaround: Owners of the disc version of the game can uninstall the game and reinstall it. On starting the game, the patch process will start with the correct download size.

Own the digital version? You're shit outta luck son.

http://kotaku.com/6-7gb-assassins-creed-unity-patch-issued-to-fix-framera-1671872114

What a goddamn joke this release has been. I really hope that people are taking this in and won't fall for the same shitshow when they reveal the next Assassins in 2015.

R3TRODYCE

Yep, just finished downloading it.

Ubisoft just cost me 10 bucks on my cap and today was the last day on this months cap. :/

hohoXD123

Don't know if I should be laughing or feeling sorry for them now, I think the point where all this became a bit ridiculous was passed a while ago. Is this the first time whereby a patch makes you redownload the entire game?

again: should've released rogue cross-gen this year, & continued working on unity for '15. because releasing this title prematurely was a big mistake...

LQX

How the hell did game and patch sizes balloon like this? Games like Titanfall are 50GB, 10GB patches. Crazy.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
How does the XB1 patching system work? Does it allow for incremental updates or is it like launch PS4 where every update redownloads every previous update? The OP makes it sound like the issue is the patching system MS employs.
We are working with Microsoft on a solution to reduce the total download to the intended size so that you can get back into the game faster, but as of now we have no ETA on when this will be resolved.

see5harp

Too late my shit downloaded the patch overnight. Seriously Ubisoft fuck you this isn't even a game I bought this shit is rented. So laughs on you for real. Even their lower level get this patch to MS staff is straight failure.

Top Bottom