• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you buy Killzone 2 & 3 Remastered for PS4?

Disclaimer: I can understand that I had a locked thread yesterday regarding a blog post which I did not bring my own opinion and for that I apologise.

This is a more in depth look at that said thread with my views and I hope you guys could give us yours too.

At a time when we are seeing many games get the remaster/definitive treatment on PS4 and Xbox One, I happened to see this posted to Guerrilla Games and Shuhei Yoshida last night, and it appeared to gain some traction.

Here

Having read the guy's article, I'm wondering if a Killzone remastered collection would be plausible?

It's common knowledge that Guerrilla Games now have two studios (Amsterdam and Cambridge), and they are still working on the Killzone series alongside their new IP. Shadow Fall was a disappointment, it is fair to say - as reflected in it's ever dwindling community, and ever present metacritic rating, and 343 industries have perhaps set a precedent with the Halo: MCC.

Therefore, I am curious... would you like to see Killzone 2 on PS4 at 1080p 60fps?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Nope. I've had my fill of remasters already, give me new IP's and new sequels.

Ramza

Banned
If Killzone 2 has multiplayer, absolutely.

I'd rather an uprezzed Killzone Mercenary come with it than Killzone 3, though.

KalBalboa

Banned
Would depend on the cost. Both are pretty great but I don't know if I'd honestly have the time to play either. Split screen co-op in Killzone 3 + the sliding move would be nice on the PS4, though.

Killzone 3 played better than 2.

Yeh I'd be all over a Killzone 2 HD, but Killzone 3 can go jump off a cliff.

Was Killzone 2 not already HD on the PS3?

To answer the question, no. Sony should stop making the games. I imagine many people won't buy the next one, and that Shadow Fall only sold as much as it did because it was a launch title.

Colocho

Banned
I don't get the Killzone 3 hate, I played both of them back to back a few weeks ago for the first time, and I gotta say they're pretty similar, you could even say that 3 had a more enjoyable story and not as "gritty" as in 2.

Both are great IMO, I don't see why 2 is treated like one of the best console shooters ever, and 3 is just meh.

Eggbok

No. I want more focus on a new ip

GG is making a new ip, GC could port it. Everyone wins.

I don't get the Killzone 3 hate, I played both of them back to back a few weeks ago for the first time, and I gotta say they're pretty similar, you could even say that 3 had a more enjoyable story and not as "gritty" as in 2.

Both are great IMO, I don't see why 2 is treated like one of the best console shooters ever, and 3 is just meh.

I agree with this, the multiplayer may not be on the same level as 2 but it's not a terrible game at all.

Muffdraul

Normally I'm down for a PS3 remaster, and I love Killzone. But, for some reason, not feeling this. I'd probably bite if it ever came out, but not a lot of enthusiasm here.

In an absolute heartbeat. Possibly retrofit Killzone 2 with move controls. Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg.

I've got nothing but love for the franchise.

Jito

Banned
Was Killzone 2 not already HD on the PS3?

To answer the question, no. Sony should stop making the games. I imagine many people won't buy the next one, and that Shadow Fall only sold as much as it did because it was a launch title.

Hah yeh you're right, I obviously meant Killzone 2 Super HD.

kingwingin

Yes! Would platinum them all over again!

But I'd hope they refine killzone1. That was painful to play, control wise

Aces&Eights

Buy it again so I can spend another 6 hours fighting that asshole in a locked room with enemy rocket launchers going off?

Yep. Would buy.

Top Bottom