• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you buy Killzone 2 & 3 Remastered for PS4?

I want them to make a new game where the multiplayer is like it was in K2. Big maps, lots of players and interesting class dynamics. Unfortunately I don't think that will happen, and I have no desire to return to either of the single-player campaigns (especially not K3...what a travesty).

Muffdraul

I'm surprised to see so many people down on 3. It was so much better than 2. All around.

WY2IPyp.jpg

2, 3 (just for the split screen co-op, Mercenary.
Make a unified multiplayer component with all the maps from those games together.
Then I'm in =]

I'd be on board for KZ2. Probably play 3 again out of curiosity, although I found it disappointingly underwhelming first time around.

But I'd probably need the controls to be a bit simplified if I were to play KZ2 again. Maybe copy 3 or Mercenary. Because although I loved it back in the day, I don't think I could re-learn deliberately awkward controls like that over again, and I'd probably be shite at the game as a result.

Faustus

Banned
Would love it on PC, might be a good tactic for sony to give PC community thatl to counter whatever Micro have comen......which better be MCC nd KI...

Deadstar

2, yes, 3 no. 2 was the greatest shooter last gen. 3 was call of duty. If I wanted call of duty I would have bought call of duty. Killzone 2 was unique, fun, immersive and amazing. There's nothing better. It's a shame how they put the classes together in the new game. I thought the others should have been fleshed out more rather than combined. I liked having a lot of different classes running around with unique abilities. Shadowfall kind of ruined that which is weird because if I recall the guy who was in charge of 2 did the multi for shadowfall.

2 in heartbeat.

It will really, really shine @1080p and with (hopefully) lots of (real) antialiasing.

Had fun with 3 because of the sharpshooter, otherwise it's pretty subpar.

Apdiddy

Yes on 2 if they removed/changed their insane multiplayer trophy requirements. I don't want to be on 1% of the leaderboards for the week again. I would be OK if the Valor cross trophies were rank based as you grind up levels.

I haven't played KZ3 yet to have an opinion, but based on KZ2's ending, I'm prepared for more Rico
does Rico die at the end of 3? Get stabbed by Sev? Have his throat stepped on accidently?

Kilzone 2? Fuck yea.

Killzone 3 can go fuck itself. What a wasted opportunity. They had the most perfect set up, a surprise Helgast fleet shows up and wrecks everything, little chance of escape with everything instantly going to shit, as Sev sits down knowing his partner just fucked the whole invasion up, watching as his fleet is decimated.

They could have had the whole game based on trying to survive as you're now the forces being invaded, desperately trying to buy some time as a secondary fleet is being prepped.

But nope, all we get is one (shitty) escape level and then a giant time skip that completely destroys that whole set up.

I skipped ShadowFall because of the horribly botched ending to 3, and not doing the logical thing and having a public hanging of Rico at the 7:30 news time slot.

Disclaimer: I can understand that I had a locked thread yesterday regarding a blog post which I did not bring my own opinion and for that I apologise.

This is a more in depth look at that said thread with my views and I hope you guys could give us yours too.

At a time when we are seeing many games get the remaster/definitive treatment on PS4 and Xbox One, I happened to see this posted to Guerrilla Games and Shuhei Yoshida last night, and it appeared to gain some traction.

Here

Having read the guy's article, I'm wondering if a Killzone remastered collection would be plausible?

It's common knowledge that Guerrilla Games now have two studios (Amsterdam and Cambridge), and they are still working on the Killzone series alongside their new IP. Shadow Fall was a disappointment, it is fair to say - as reflected in it's ever dwindling community, and ever present metacritic rating, and 343 industries have perhaps set a precedent with the Halo: MCC.

Therefore, I am curious... would you like to see Killzone 2 on PS4 at 1080p 60fps?

Hell no!

Enough with the Killzone already!
Time for a new First-Person-Shooter IP for Sony (from a new studio).

Schrade

Why does this look better than Shadow Fall?

everytime I see a killzone 2 gif it has a CG look to it. Must be the post processing they used in killzone 2?

Yeah really. All Killzone 2 GIFs have so much going on in them. I still miss the Killzone 2 GIF threads.

Peace Tea

Absolutely not.

I would pay for a Shadow Fall map pack though, containing all the maps from k2&3. The campaigns were always passable, and the Vanilla Shadow Fall maps are pretty horrible (the majority of them anyways).

Only if they bring back the weighted system in KZ2 that should've never been taken out. Idc of the cod casuals couldn't handle it.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
No. I enjoyed the campaigns, but one playtthrough was enough. I don't do competitve mp.

I'm a sucker, so I'd likely play them somehow. That said, I bought both games and have yet to beat either so I'd maybe just play those instead.

Then again, I'm a sucker.

Why does this look better than Shadow Fall?

everytime I see a killzone 2 gif it has a CG look to it. Must be the post processing they used in killzone 2?

I think technically what they achieved with KZ2 on PS3 was amazing. The particle effects, post processing, lighting, animation (those gun animations are still unbeaten), art all combined to create a perfect show piece. It was just special. Sadly, that magic was never to be found again in the later KZs. I am still amazed when I look at the KZ gifs. Best shooter last gen for me especially the MP.

untitled-1riks6.gif

2114128yojqc.gif

behw1ca3jzz.gif

0005_buj3.gif

untitled-19ejkf.gif

Sony/GG please put this on PS4

Bergerac

I loved how 2 looked and managed a bit of MP but it just played so bad. That they retro fitted the bad controls with an 'encumberance' logic, and better yet nonsense flew around the net about it being due to the gravity of the sodding planet is a level of excusive 'lore' to rival Mortal Kombat's plot.

It just played badly. It aimed slowly (slow movement speed I can handle and in fact I quite often pick 'heavies' in games, but not in the arms, especially given that a gun is realistically barely double figures in lbs of weight), the aiming acceleration was off and R3 to ADS was done by that point. Not to mention the gun placement on the screen gave a wacky perspective for being too high up and too zoomed in, and aiming after turning was cumbersome. The button combo required to ADS/shoot from cover was absolute nonsense. It also was born of that ridiculous brat pack of games wherein guns unrealistically swaying, jitterng, practically dancing in your hands whilst walking made things even worse. Prime example being the shotgun which is the worst gun that can happen to.

TL;DR - For how it looked, absolutely, but they'd need to otherwise gut it and make it a standard shooter. They're standard for a reason. And no, it has less to do with Call Of Duty but rather Doom and a crapload of other games before and since.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Yes, I'd buy a Killzone 2 and 3 remaster. Love that series. Throw in an HD KZ Liberation, and it's a definite purchase.

truth411

Killzone 2 was the best FPS I've ever played. You actually had to take cover and it was not a twitch shooter. Also Killzone 2 on Elite difficulty was the most hardest/rewarding game I've ever played. I'd buy a remastered Killzone 2 1080p@60fps Day1.

Top Bottom