• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you buy Killzone 2 & 3 Remastered for PS4?

Screw the haters, 3 was a blast to play. I loved the crazy weapons in that game, and the 3D was pretty awesome.

Ooooh, 3D... with move... oooooh yes, VR me some Killzone STAT.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Would depend on the cost. Both are pretty great but I don't know if I'd honestly have the time to play either. Split screen co-op in Killzone 3 + the sliding move would be nice on the PS4, though.

Killzone 3 played better than 2.

I agree, except for the changes to the melee. Cinematic melee that freezes you in place for an animation sucks and should die.

Nope, In order for me to have any interest in a remaster it has to be GOTY quality.

Killzone is a pretty average series overall.

No. I played through both games already and I thought they were thoroughly average for the most part. Would prefer a totally new IP and let Killzone lay down in the grave next to Resistance.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
No. And that's coming from someone who likes the franchise. Just let it die.

Sorral

I don't get the Killzone 3 hate, I played both of them back to back a few weeks ago for the first time, and I gotta say they're pretty similar, you could even say that 3 had a more enjoyable story and not as "gritty" as in 2.

Both are great IMO, I don't see why 2 is treated like one of the best console shooters ever, and 3 is just meh.

KZ3 wasn't a bad game per se, but it fell way short of what KZ2 did in terms of multiplayer and in part, the story.

KZ2 had a really good matching making system with the ability to make your own lobby with your own set of rules, the leveling system felt like making real progress not just points and giving up something in the end like KZ3, I believe matches had bigger numbers as well, which was up to 32player, etc.

I could probably think of more like about the maps and story, but eh, been a wee bit too long and I'm too sleepy right now.

Ikon

Killzone 2 is among my top 3 favorite multiplayer shooters ever so... I guess? I need a good class based multiplayer game for PS4.

nOoblet16

Would absolutely buy Killzone 2 with online and all maps (plus if they get normal latency for controls).

Killzone 3 can go fuck itself.

No. And that's coming from someone who likes the franchise. Just let it die.

I dunno, I think a remaster bundle pack would be a great send off personally. Guerrilla's working on a new IP already, and I don't suppose they need to make any more. But I think they should do the franchise it's final justice and remaster a collection.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
a youtuber I know of has connections with gureilla games and he talked about would people buy a killzone remaster of 2 etc, when asked if he knows if they are he kind of dodged the question so other than their new rpg IP this coould be gonig on in the background. It is very welcome and I would like it however I think they need to rebuild the franchise Shadow fall was good but there is much it needs to improve on esp story

thelastword

Banned
What the point of a collection without both games, I can't understand those persons saying they want 2 and not 3. Give me the option of both, for those who just want Killzone 2, allow them to purchase it at $20 in a $40 collection comprising both games. Killzone 3 is probably the best use of the move for a shooter last gen.

sector4

2 is up there with my favourite FPS's from last gen, so I'd say yes, sure, I'd love to play through it again with the DS4 (motion controls for mines make it difficult on PS3).

Hell, throw in 1 HD, Liberation, and Mercenary for good measure!

Do we know Guerilla is continuing on with KZ? I thought I read something after Shadow Fall's release that suggested they were done with it.. I'll try and find a link.

Killzone 2 only with some serious adjustments to spawn grenades, server options, and changes to standard game rules (mostly revolving around explosive spam)

2 is up there with my favourite FPS's from last gen, so I'd say yes, sure, I'd love to play through it again with the DS4 (motion controls for mines make it difficult on PS3).

Hell, throw in 1 HD, Liberation, and Mercenary for good measure!

Do we know Guerilla is continuing on with KZ? I thought I read something after Shadow Fall's release that suggested they were done with it.. I'll try and find a link.

How awesome would that be. Seriously. Imagine a God of War esq, style remaster for this franchise spanning all of the games for $40.

KZ2 in 1080/60 .. absolutely!

ajumq8.gif

killzone5.gif

Killzone2_E3Trailer-HD1080.gif

2daaeiwnmpu.gif

Imagine above in 1080/60 :)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Killzone 2 in a heartbeat. Unmatched multiplayer in the series, great heft and movement (better pre-patch than post, but whatever) and a single player campaign that felt fun, inventive and cool. Give me the option to shoot Rico in the head and I'm there day one, throwing my credit card at the screen.

I'll pass on Killzone 3.

Jito

Banned
I'm surprised to see so many people down on 3. It was so much better than 2. All around.

3 was Guerilla Games trying to imitate a Call of Duty campaign, jumping from location to location constantly and giving you gear to use for a couple of minutes then throw away. And that early mech section was fucking terrible.

Top Bottom