• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

20th anniversary PS4 console announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I submitted around that time, but I used auto-fill and everyone was saying it did it wrong.

Mfw my phone number was submitted as my email address or something stupid :(

Congrats though! Hopefully more GAFers get in through the week!

It'd be a damn shame if they discard people who filled it in wrong. I forgot to put the road name on mine :(.

Got in no later than 4:32 so...

Yes that sounds about right for me, but with this kind of thing 2 minutes is an eternity.

I know I finished my form at exactly 16:29 but no email yet. Fingers crossed!

You should be good in theory, but there's no telling what the criteria is to be counted as the first 100 lol.

You are very welcome. I received a similar email, unsurprisingly ;)

Hope other gaffers also got the good news.

Awesome, really happy you got it too

Can you let us know what the purchase process is when you've got it sorted?

Will do, hopefully they don't have issues shipping to Ireland but I do have a Northern Ireland address I can use worst case

I received the email at 10:42am for those asking

Zafir

No email.

The tragic part is, had I have noticed that the link was wrong, I'd have probably been in the first 100. Got through before the link was posted.

Awesome, really happy you got it too

Will do, hopefully they don't have issues shipping to Ireland but I do have a Northern Ireland address I can use worst case

I received the email at 10:42am for those asking

I received it at 10:44, so looks like they were making their way through at a similar timeframe.

Damn @ those email times, I think the rest of us are out of the running. Roll on 5pm!

Look how on edge we all are to win the right to spend £400 lol.

I don't suppose just for the hell of it you are going to try and find the link again today to share?

I kid (Not really :p)

It was only because I was lucky enough to get through and then realised that the link was fucked. I'm sure you will be able to get in today if the site doesn't buckle under the strain :)

No email.

The tragic part is, had I have noticed that the link was wrong, I'd have probably been in the first 100. Got through before the link was posted.

i was sitting there refreshing it like a tit, "link doesn't work" then when bequiet posted I saw the slash and wanted to ram my head in to the desk for being such an idiot!

Zafir

i was sitting there refreshing it like a tit, "link doesn't work" then when bequiet posted I saw the slash and wanted to ram my head in to the desk for being such an idiot!

Yeah, same... :I

To be fair to us, it was a pretty big fuck up by Sony to not even get the url right.

Zafir

That probably worked out for some people though in delaying others, though it would have been unfair of course.

It certainly benefited those who saw the URL posted on neogaf first, yeah.

I honestly think from now on it will be harder to get it, permitting they don't mess up the url again.

wotta

Seems if we post the link on gaf as soon as one of us gets it we may all stand a chance? Not sure if that's frowned upon, but seems to work for the guy who got the email :)

It certainly benefited those who saw the URL posted on neogaf first, yeah.

I honestly think from now on it will be harder to get it, permitting they don't mess up the url again.

Yeah I just thought the same. The URL fuck up is probably what helped the bequiet and milo to get it.

Just to repeat again, let us know the selling procedure when you find out guys.

Seems if we post the link on gaf as soon as one of us gets it we may all stand a chance? Not sure if that's frowned upon, but seems to work for the guy who got the email :)

As long as the person posting it hides it properly (use preview post first) then yes I think we'll all stand a chance in GAF's altruistic take on the competition :p.

Zafir

Seems if we post the link on gaf as soon as one of us gets it we may all stand a chance?
Maybe, but maybe not. The url being wrong really delayed any normal person, unless they noticed the url was incorrect and didn't just assume the site had died like Sony's did. Which meant, when the fixed link was posted here, there was a higher chance for those using it.

BraXzy

Is any US residents trying to get this thing?

This one is only open to UK residents so there wouldn't be much point unless you knew someone over here I guess. Could do it for the fun of finding the character though? Idk :p

Might as well to spread the love, there's nothing in the terms against it that I saw. Remember to hide in email tags ;)

wotta

Maybe, but maybe not. The url being wrong really delayed any normal person, unless they noticed the url was incorrect and didn't just assume the site had died like Sony's did. Which meant, when the fixed link was posted here, there was a higher chance for those using it.

yeah, I was gutted as had the incorrect url about 4.15 but didn't figure it out till it was posted here :(

I just realised we may all stand a chance if some of those who were the first 100 were American and get found out/denied, then when it goes to 101st person etc. that might start to be a few of us.

But then what if we are the first 100 today as well? Would we end up with 2 possible purchases? lol.

yeah, I was gutted as had the incorrect url about 4.15 but didn't figure it out till it was posted here :(

Jesus how did you guys get on so early. Did you refrain from refreshing and just let it load?

Drubbed

Banned
Glad gaffers got it.

Fucking furious I didn't see the mistake in the email, as I was searching the site from 4.15 on is it down.com

tumblr_n1qdnzJoHv1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Today is another day.

I think the general consensus among those here is that they are looking to obtain the unit for themselves, and not with the intention to flog off on the bay for a hopelessly inflated price. Obviously I can't speak for everyone here, but speaking for myself my intention is to nab a chunk of gaming history that I can admire. It's a museum piece to me - I have a PS4 already, after all - but I truly believe that most here are in the same boat, and that if we can help at least each other secure one, it's one less unit lost to the scalpers.

I think the general consensus among those here is that they are looking to obtain the unit for themselves, and not with the intention to flog off on the bay for a hopelessly inflated price. Obviously I can't speak for everyone here, but speaking for myself my intention is to nab a chunk of gaming history that I can admire. It's a museum piece to me - I have a PS4 already, after all - but I truly believe that most here are in the same boat, and that if we can help at least each other secure one, it's one less unit lost to the scalpers.

Absolutely. The nostalgia angle is so strong with this, I mean ffs I dreamed of a PS1 coloured PS4 LAST YEAR around launch.

If I do win the right to buy one I'll have to sell my launch PS4 though. I'd feel it a waste of money to have both.

1Nyvl08.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CUTS WRISTS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

tumblr_mohxsy1dK11rzc0ato2_500.jpg

tumblr_ma2eod8aSP1rn2nut.gif

wotta

Agreed, got my space for display all ready, just hoping now :)

Although... they only said the emails have been sent out. A high percentage will obviously proceed with their purchase, but you never know - there may be a drop out or two.

Zafir

Must have been really tight when it got posted here then. I checked when I accessed the fixed link and it was 4:30.

wotta

I want one more than anything, good luck to everyone. Let's keep these out the hands of those looking to make a profit :)

Also, people have been sharing the link on Twitter, the official Playstation forums and other gaming forums. So gaffers sharing the link are just doing so to put everyone here on equal footing with those on other websites.

Like you, I am a collector and this represents more than just plastic, it represents childhood memories and seeing the birth of many fantastic franchises like Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Crash Bandicoot etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom