• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 minute Kojima-edited MGS V trailer premiering Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

On Demand

Banned
So we can be sure that it's not Konami getting their dirty hands on this.

That's what i'm getting at. How do we really know he did this?

Have you been living under a rock for the last six months?

No. I just don't trust Konami. Lovely how they want make sure everyone knows it's Kojima doing this all of a sudden. I'm surprised he's mentioned at all.

Kojima's involvement was already a seal of quality for all things Konami for a few years now. Now that he's leaving the company, that's even more true.

Indeed. Not that Konami see's it that way though.

MrS

Banned
Everyone should watch the trailer, that's the least you can do. If you get spoiled then you get fucking spoiled but show some respect and watch Kojima's last MGS trailer the first time it's released.
It's likely that he'll edit or direct the release/launch trailer, surely?

Mr. RHC

Everyone should watch the trailer, that's the least you can do. If you get spoiled then you get fucking spoiled but show some respect and watch Kojima's last MGS trailer the first time it's released.

:p

rhpKm6I.gif

Snaku, this is the best thing you have said in a long time.

Venom Fox

Banned
Everyone should watch the trailer, that's the least you can do. If you get spoiled then you get fucking spoiled but show some respect and watch Kojima's last MGS trailer the first time it's released.]
Well said brother, well said.

Hype levels are through the roof!

NCell

He just tweeted that he has bought the latest Muse album. There's a 10m song called 'The Globalist'. Some excerpts:

But you can rise up like a God
Arm yourself, you can be strong
You can build a nuclear power,
Transform the earth to your desire

Free your mind from false beliefs
You can be the commander in chief
You can hide your true motives
To dismantle and destroy

Sounds quite fitting, doesnt it?

He's been editing this trailer at least since December last year though, there wouldn't be enough time would there? But yes those lyrics fit perfectly!

muteki

I still remember watching the MGS2 E3 trailer all those years ago. Amazing how great it was for what ended up being so little of the final game.

That music still gives me chills.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Last year E3 trailer was garbage. Usually MGS trailers are so fucking awesome. Hopefully this is great too. btw its funny that I have not played a single MGS game lmao. Only played bit of MGS4 and thought it wasn't my type.

And yet I am always looking forward to the trailer and music of this franchise. Ots always great.

Gun Animal

Last year E3 trailer was garbage. Usually MGS trailers are so fucking awesome. Hopefully this is great too. btw its funny that I have not played a single MGS game lmao. Only played bit of MGS4 and thought it wasn't my type.

And yet I am always looking forward to the trailer and music of this franchise. Ots always great.
What didnt you like about last years trailer? Could you elaborate?

I loved the Nuclear trailer.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
We'll do our best to get the trailer as soon as possible when it's released :)
You ma boi, Blimblim!
You guys are gonna be super busy this week and the next I bet lol. Godspeed to you and the crew over at Gamersyde. Ya'll doing God's werk with them high-bitrate footage/trailers.

omonimo

Banned
I'm surprise Kojima still promote this game. Really. I mean after all, I don't know, personally if I was him, I would avoid any kind of deal with Konami just for the angry.

Boke1879

I'm surprise Kojima still promote this game. Really. I mean after all, I don't know, personally if I was him, I would avoid any kind of deal with Konami just for the angry.

This game is still his baby though. He's been working on it for years and is attached to the project.

Theonik

Well, it's his final Metal Gear game. Konami is trying to fuck him up but he will not let them ruin his games. Partly because he's pissed, and because he cares about his fans and the game. The only people that would really hurt if he did that is us.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Well, it's his final Metal Gear game. Konami is trying to fuck him up but he will not let them ruin his games. Partly because he's pissed, and because he cares about his fans and the game. The only people that would really hurt if he did that is us.

Exactly, this is what Kojima said when the fallout happened.

"At a team meeting, Mr Kojima explained that team have to be one and make a good game for fans."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom