• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Grand Jury Just Called Tweeting an Animated GIF 'Assault With a Deadly Weapon'

Status
Not open for further replies.

TankRizzo

Banned
On Monday, a Texas grand jury charged a Maryland man with “aggravated assault with a deadly weapon” after authorities say he tweeted an animated flashing GIF designed to trigger Newsweek journalist Kurt Eichenwald’s epilepsy last year, “immediately” causing him to have a seizure.

After sending Eichenwald the GIF in December, Rivello allegedly messaged another Twitter user saying “I hope this sends him into a seizure” and “let’s see if he dies.” Another message sent by Rivello allegedly said “I know he has epilepsy” and authorities say a search of his iCloud account found a photoshopped version of Eichenwald’s Wikipedia page with his date of death edited to be December 16, about when the GIF was sent.

This guy is a real piece of shit

http://gizmodo.com/a-grand-jury-just-called-tweeting-an-animated-gif-assau-1793477149

Well, he did use the GIF to try and kill the man.

Still, hearing a GIF referred to as a "deadly weapon" is something I never thought I would've ever heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom