• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is 2017's best selling game in just 2 days

It has been repeated a few times. Even once more at this years E3 (by Jason Rubin, one of the founders of ND). But yeah, sounds like it could in reality be Crash Trilogy > Mario 64. That 11 million number is purely the N64 outing and not DS?

I feel like Crash 1-3 are 20M+. Don't know why the sequels would have sold worse.

Withnail

I've seen a few people on here arguing that this was fan service that would only sell a handful of copies. 😂

Nostalgia is big business and the thirst was obvious.

Plum

UK was Sony country back then (a title recently regained with PS4) and Crash was a massive part of that. The fact it's taken so long for Activision to properly capitalize on that nostalgia just shows how poorly they understood the franchise.

Hopefully this encourages more than just a CTR remake. A similarly-priced brand new Crash with even half the content of N.Sane Trilogy would sell gangbusters in the UK.

EDIT: Amazon takes into account pre-orders in their best-selling lists so I wouldn't say this was just two days of sales.

Hip Hop

That list looks so bullshit, i don't believe it for a second.

The Crash hype died long ago, no way are you gonna tell me is selling better tan AAA games.

And I'd say the game is unavailable in most spots, not because it is selling amazingly, but because of undershipment.

Not believing until I see numbers.

Wollan

I am curious about the real story behind Shawn Layden displaying the Crash t-shirt at PSX 2015.
Purely for Uncharted 4 cameo? Failed IP negotiation? Did they start development of remake after?

EvB

And I'd say the game is unavailable in most spots, not because it is selling amazingly, but because of undershipment.

Amazon best sellers isn’t simply based on sales, so it’s quite possible that it’s not right.

Plum

The Crash hype died long ago, no way are you gonna tell me is selling better tan AAA games.

It's a budget-priced, content-filled collection in one of Sony's biggest markets for Crash nostalgia. I'd be calling bullshit if it were any lower than the Top 5.

FinalAres

EDIT: Amazon takes into account pre-orders in their best-selling lists so I wouldn't say this was just two days of sales.
Plus most sales of games happen in the first few days. People should ignore the 2 day thing, but the fact that it's the best selling game of the year so far in that list is significant on its own.

Booki

Went to get my copy at Big W (Australian store) was told they were sold out at numerous stores across town. So I went to another retailer in the same shopping center and they had just 2 copies left. This thing is selling like hot cakes.

tolkir

Activision will be very confused when Crash Bandicoot sells many more units than Modern Warfare Remastered. Awesome.

bombshell

The chart will not be disproved or approved for that matter by any sales numbers. It's a single retailer chart, so it may or may not reflect the situation in the general market.

Amazon best sellers isn’t simply based on sales, so it’s quite possible that it’s not right.

Do you have any source for that regarding the year to date chart, or is it just based on personal feelings?

FinalAres

I've met more people that are excited about CTR than the Trilogy honestly. Hope they go ahead with it.
Never played CTR. What was so good about it? It's not like it was the only Kart racing game on PlayStation, so it can't just have been "ps didn't have mario Kart".

sw26

Speaking from an anecdotal perspective there is a lot of nostalgia from the mass market for the Crash games here (UK).

I have encountered a handful of people over the last week or so who I wouldn't consider 'gamers' who were really excited about the compilation due to having played the originals as kids in the 90s. Good price point will help also.

I received my own copy from Amazon on Friday and it is well deserved, seems like a really good effort.

Plum

Activision will be very confused when Crash Bandicoot sells many more units than Modern Warfare Remastered. Awesome.

"Who knew people would be more favourable towards a faithful, content-filled collection at a low price than a single ten year old game at the same price filled with microtransactions and paid DLC!"

"What could we have possibly done differently?!"

jonno394

Yeah it'll sell extremely well in the UK imo, but don't read too much into amazon uk sales charts.

Press Releases tomorrow should be interesting though. Happy to see this doing well.

I honestly couldn't give a crap about Crash
I never even played the original don't hurt me
but my pretty much non-gamer wife was utterly obsessed about getting it day 1, and has been playing it solidly since it arrived. It seems to have really energised a whole group of her friends who are barely even casual gamers but used to play the originals as kids.

UK fwiw.

Nev

Banned
Remember when salty Nintendo fboys said it would flop, no one cared about Crash and they were never good games?

Yeah.

Everyone else expected this though.

Pre-orders are taken into account for Amazon. Not exactly two days I presume.

Just take a look at US amazon. It has Mario Odyssey at 29th.

Regardless, doing good. I knew this will sell well. Nostalgia sells when done right. Game looks good and it's cheap as well

Joke post?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
The Crash thirst is real in the UK.

z1jpqcB.png

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2017/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_cal_ye

Single SKU only.

It's possible multiplatform combined titles can total higher, for example Ghost Recon Wildlands in places 7 (PS4), 9 (XB1).

Year chart is updated daily.

For comparison it's only in place 51 on Amazon US 2017 chart. https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2017/videogames

Well Crash does have a passing resemblance to Knack, maybe people got confused ;)?

(Seriously, of course the thirst of properly made Crash Bandicoot is real and this was three games for the price of almost one AAA game... great value)

I can't think of a single remake outside of Ratchet and Clank and Resident Evil that deserves all of its success.

I hope this goes on to sell more copies than we could possibly imagine for a game like this.

Scotia

Banned
Remember when salty Nintendo fboys said it would flop, no one cared about Crash and they were never good games?

Yeah.

Everyone else expected this though.

Do I remember it?

Shit is still happening.

Sjefen

Its charting in 3 place in US Amazon top seller list as well, very impressed it selling this good. Have seen many Youtubers streaming it having a blast.

We'll know for sure tomorrow with the press release, but there's no reason to doubt this didn't sell gangsters with all the evidence piling up of it selling out, as well as the massive love for the PS1 Crash games that seems to have somehow passed you by.

Look on the bright side though. Maybe you're right, and somehow all evidence to the contrary will prove false, but if not, at least you've already got a fuck ton of salt to season your crow tomorrow.

FinalAres

I'm pretty certain it is.
It's so hard to tell. I spent a solid 5 minutes looking at this post trying to work out if it was satire or not:
Sorry but no one cares about Crash. There can't be any way that this game sold that well. there's not even that many people in the uk anyway lol. No way this even cracks top 50 in america, Crash was never good and sales will prove that next NPD.

Blobbers

Cool. I guess this guarantees the next-gen Crash will be 30FPS and focus on NSANE PRESENTATION instead of fluidity and 60FPS.

Let's celebrate. It is a celebration thread.

Hip Hop

We'll know for sure tomorrow with the press release, but there's no reason to doubt this didn't sell gangsters with all the evidence piling up of it selling out, as well as the massive love for the PS1 Crash games that seems to have somehow passed you by.

Look on the bright side though. Maybe you're right, and somehow all evidence to the contrary will prove false, but if not, at least you've already got a fuck ton of salt to season your crow tomorrow.
Im ready to feast if that's the case

Yeah look no further than this very page. Unless that post is satire.

Not satire, and I don't own any Nintendo products.

Dinjooh

1 out of 10 of the biggest retailers here in DK have it in stock, so demand seems pretty universal across europe at least.

Is that a great remake of similar calibre? I'm not into Fire Emblem so I wouldn't know.
Well The original was a NES game so they added a bunch of stuff and first Fire Emblem game with full voice acting so yeah (kinda cheating since the jump from NES to 3DS leads to Obvious big improvement). Pretty solid game. The soundtrack is one of the best in the series for me.

If am being honest. I did not like the Rachet and Clank remake. Well it looked lovely and played fine. They ruined a lot of the characters for me. I much prefer the original, even if it plays a bit worst due to lack of movement options, but I'm glad it did well, didn't want the series to end with Nexus.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Cool. I guess this guarantees the next-gen Crash will be 30FPS and focus on NSANE PRESENTATION instead of fluidity and 60FPS.

Let's celebrate. It is a celebration thread.

Passive aggressiveness aside, the Crash people fell in love with way back in the PSOne days was 30 FPS, 30 FPS is not a mark of shame :p.

leeh

Not surprising. Crash is something pretty much everyone knows, remembers and loves.

I wanna play it :( avatar relevant.

Crash 4 with Ààa budget by insomniac or sucker punch please. Make it an extension of crash 2 and crank out the visuals.

And ctr remaster plus ctr 2, Sony may finally have thier kart racer after losing on the last few... Which is liked.

I am super pleased to see this. I had a feeling this might be successful, but so far it's turning out better then I originally hoped for. I mentioned in the OT, how I went to pick up a copy at Target, and by mid-day I was picking up the last copy.
It's a great remaster and I am reliving childhood memories. If they announce a Spyro remaster next...:)

Top Bottom