• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is 2017's best selling game in just 2 days

Sitris

I expect a new Sly game.
28266588933_261b7d02e6_o.png
But made by whom?!

They were never as popular but if they were made then probably the same developer that made the most recent one in 2013 (Sanzaru Games).

Just got 100% on Crash 1, not interested in the time trails though. So...bring on Crash 2!!!

JP

Surprised by that.

I've played a bit of each of the trilogy and they do hold up far better than I was expecting, even though the first game does show it's age. I think it's a really good collection, three really good games were easily worth the asking price for me.

Can I book my CTR remaster/remake now, please? Thank you.

SgtCobra

The Crash games never leave the PS classics chart. Why are people baffled by this?
Because Crash was only loved by people who didn't have a N64 with its superior platformers. The Crash love is only fueled by fanboy nostalgia too, these games simply just don't hold up nowadays and are dated, I mean...They're LINEAR lol
Crash was never good.

Game is sold out within a 30km radius from my hometown atm.

Nevasleep

Crash and PlayStation was huge in 90s/00 UK, definitely a one-off nostalgia trip, although a Spyro remaster might do okay too.

Jay Sosa

so much for 'gaf' telling me for years that the PS1 games are overrated and no ones cares about crash :D

I bet they also all bought it because they love the first one so much.

AHA-Lambda

Because Crash was only loved by people who didn't have a N64 with its superior platformers. The Crash love is only fueled by fanboy nostalgia too, these games simply just don't hold up nowadays and are dated, I mean...They're LINEAR lol
Crash was never good.

Game is sold out within a 30km radius from my hometown atm.

giphy.gif

I believe Crash PS1 outsold Mario 64 and Sonic.

So predictions will Crash Bandicoot: N'sane Trilogy outsell Sonic Mania/ Forces or Mario Odyssey Worldwide?

Well The original was a NES game so they added a bunch of stuff and first Fire Emblem game with full voice acting so yeah (kinda cheating since the jump from NES to 3DS leads to Obvious big improvement). Pretty solid game. The soundtrack is one of the best in the series for me.

Is the jump close to what we see between Crash PS1 and PS4?

If am being honest. I did not like the Rachet and Clank remake. Well it looked lovely and played fine. They ruined a lot of the characters for me. I much prefer the original, even if it plays a bit worst due to lack of movement options, but I'm glad it did well, didn't want the series to end with Nexus.

That's a shame, I love it. And come to think of it, it's a re-imagination of the original R&C, not a remake.

Having been playing it for a couple of days now, I'd actually say this is a clear example of how consistent frame pacing at 30fps can deliver brilliantly fun, fluid and responsive gameplay, and this bizarre obsession some people have developed with everything having to be 60fps or else it's unplayable, or somehow an insultingly inferior product, is simply bullocks.

I completely agree.

Currently #4 on Amazon Germany

It's at #7 in Germany.

I'm not sure if I expect it, but I really want it. Preferably by Sanzaru.

Yeah and hopefully with a bit of challenge this time around. Thieves in Time was so easy.

JP

I don't actually get my Switch until the Splatoon 2 bundle releases on the 21st so I've not actually played Zelda yet but that's a damned good list of the top 4 best-selling games of 2017. Well done, people.
  1. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
  3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
I don't really follow the sales threads but when I do have a look from time to time, the only real surprise for me each time that I have visited is that Grand Theft Auto V never seems to stop selling really well. In this list, it's 10th on PS4 and 20th on Xbox One and that's four years after the original release and three years after the current gen release.

From a friend.

Thursday

Morrisons has 13 copies
For morrisons it's quite a bit
For example we got one copy of micro machines on PS4

Saturday

The thirst for crash is real, we sold all copies on release day and people have been ringing up today asking about it. Doubt we'll get any more in until next week now

Kouriozan

For once, UK has a good taste, who knew they liked colorful platformer.
Well I guess that's because the yearly FIFA / CoD haven't release yet, in the meantime, congratulations!

oti

Banned
For once, UK has a good taste, who knew they liked colorful platformer.
Well I guess that's because the yearly FIFA / CoD haven't release yet, in the meantime, congratulations!

Crash is just a deeply European franchise (because the PlayStation was a BEAST in Europe). And since UK was for a long time the biggest video game market in Europe, it makes sense it's that popular over there.

TrutaS

Had no idea this was going to sell well. When a colleague at work told me he was getting it I was surprised he would even know it existed. I guess I was a Spyro person, never much a Crash fan so I didn't care about the release.

I hope this means there's a market for more 3d platformers and this ain't just a one off nostalgia fix. Also make a new Crash, they can one up the trio here I'm sure of it.

Obviously MS and Nintendo should be inspired by this and try to cash in, I expect my remade Banjo duo and DKC trilogy next year thanks.

PR_rambo

Banned
Honest trailers am cry

Seriously though, my local best buy sold out of them. I think part of that has to mean they played it safe and stocked a small amount, but now I gotta wait a week in order to get one with my GUY discount

_Ryo_

Love of Crash has always been evident. The monthly PSClassic sales on PSN have been proving that true since ages ago. But for some reason there are a lot of detractors who feel like deluding themselves into ignoring that fact. Crash sells. Simple as that. Activision would not have greenlighted the remake if they didnt have evidence or faith that it would sell well.

It is Activision, come on, and as far as I know they shut down their mid tier game studio recently and yet they still choose to continue with the remake. Its pretty clear that Crash isnt irrelevant.

For what it's worth, Crash is No.3 on toppreise.ch (Swiss price comparison site) in gaming category behind SNES classic and Switch, PSVR is No. 13 btw ;)

Don't know how they calculate their top 100, but I guess it's based on searches on the site.

Loris146

Yep. I know someone that really wants it and will be forced to buy it digital.

I didn't see anything like this since maybe MW 2 / Black Ops. Of course it's not going to do these numbers but the hype here is insane. Italy really loves Crash ( I don't know why though ahaha ).

Amazon.it:

crashi2ptf.png

This is not 2017 best sellers. This is current bestsellers (hourly update).

And it may be the case for other tops people have shared. You have to look for 2017 best sellers (didn't find it on Italian site). You should see 2017 in the url and you can even change year on the left menu (2016, 2015 etc.).

Mokubba

I mean,there's a reason why the Crash games have consistently been the top 3 sellers in terms of PSone classics,there's a pretty big nostalgia appeal among the casual audience. Good to see that translate to sales of the remakes
This.

FF7 and Crash were constantly topping those lists and they both deserve remakes.

But I was told that no one likes Crash Bandicoot, that these games wernt good, that there's no audience for platformers on a non-Nintendo console, that this game would only sell well on the Switch, that these games were too dated, etc, etc.

Did people actually say it would only sell on the switch?

Loris146

Chû Totoro;242400999 said:
This is not 2017 best sellers. This is current bestsellers (hourly update).

And it may be the case for other tops people have shared. You have to look for 2017 best sellers (didn't find it on Italian site). You should see 2017 in the url and you can even change year on the left menu (2016, 2015 etc.).

Amazon it does not provide the yearly chart :(

NSESN

I believe Crash PS1 outsold Mario 64 and Sonic.

So predictions will Crash Bandicoot: N'sane Trilogy outsell Sonic Mania/ Forces or Mario Odyssey Worldwide?
No. You are incorrect. Mario 64 sold 11 million+ and the crash triology sold 20 million+ so maybe that is why you are confused. Besides Odyssey is already ahead of Crash in the Amazon US with just pre-order, and I believe the american sales will be enough to make Mario sell more WW.

Amazon it does not provide the yearly chart :(

oh :(

But the game is selling well for sure. We may not have the same amount of information but it being in the top is still a good indicator of the sales.

ND and Sony will be happy. And more importantly so many fans seem to be happy to replay this too ^^

Loris146

Chû Totoro;242401179 said:
oh :(

But the game is selling well for sure. We may not have the same amount of information but it being in the top is still a good indicator of the sales.

ND and Sony will be happy. And more importantly so many fans seem to be happy to replay this too ^^

The demand is huge in Italy. This is the stock situation at Gamestop :

immagine5tsfw.png

Spinky

Well, yeah.

Don't know what planet you lived on if you didn't think this was gonna sell.

Despite some minor gripes it's probably one of the best remakes/remasters in general. Now if VV can do a new entry of this quality (and preferably at 60fps), things will be just swell.

Have the people who claimed Crash had no wide appeal outside Neogaf, posted in this thread? Only forum dwellers clamouring for more Crash, eh?

Crash psx classic sales should have been an indicator of this franchises popularity. A full on, quality Crash sequel will SELL - even if it's exclusive to PS4.

PS1 nostalgia is real and that age group is prime for milking (as we saw recently with the second coming of Pokemania).

I hope this brings platformers back in fashion.

Let's not get carried away though. Crash was never bigger than Mario at any point in time (maybe in a few PAL regions during his peak). Top selling Crash game was around 7 million copies. Mario 64 sold 11 million.

Lifeline

Yes! CTR coming soon hopefully.

Well, yeah.

Don't know what planet you lived on if you didn't think this was gonna sell.

Despite some minor gripes it's probably one of the best remakes/remasters in general. Now if VV can do a new entry of this quality (and preferably at 60fps), things will be just swell.

It would be a shame to just leave that engine. I hope they make some original games on it before they're done with it.

Top Bottom