• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is 2017's best selling game in just 2 days

My partner and I were both kids that preferred Spyro to Crash on PS1, and Mario 64 in general...but we bought it haha. There is some thing about Crash here, it really pushes everyone's nostalgia buttons. There's no doubt it was the marquee platformer on playstation, regardless of quality. It'll be interesting what this actually says to Sony/Activision and what the next move is. Is the message more nostalgic platformers, remasters, a new Crash specifically? Not sure because of the natur eof Crash...I really don't think they're that good lol but I'm playing them. It's a contradiction that worked for this specific collection because of it's place in time but I don't know how that extends beyond. Gotta give it up to VV for the visual overhaul though, really gorgeous loving work.

Jimx26

That list looks so bullshit, i don't believe it for a second.

The Crash hype died long ago, no way are you gonna tell me is selling better tan AAA games.

And I'd say the game is unavailable in most spots, not because it is selling amazingly, but because of undershipment.

Not believing until I see numbers.

Would you like some chips with that salt?

Cool. I guess this guarantees the next-gen Crash will be 30FPS and focus on NSANE PRESENTATION instead of fluidity and 60FPS.

Let's celebrate. It is a celebration thread.

Having been playing it for a couple of days now, I'd actually say this is a clear example of how consistent frame pacing at 30fps can deliver brilliantly fun, fluid and responsive gameplay, and this bizarre obsession some people have developed with everything having to be 60fps or else it's unplayable, or somehow an insultingly inferior product, is simply bullocks.

Sure, the higher the framerate, the better, to the point even 60fps isn't anywhere near 'perfect', but 30fps really is totally fine, and not something anyone with any degree of maturity and common sense should ever get their knickers in a twist over.

Ash735

But I was told that no one likes Crash Bandicoot, that these games wernt good, that there's no audience for platformers on a non-Nintendo console, that this game would only sell well on the Switch, that these games were too dated, etc, etc.

Bumhead

Banned
Not even remotely surprised.

I've seen people sharing photos and commenting about picking this up who I didn't even know played games.

I've been thinking for a long time that this would do very well here and that's proven to be the case.

For the haters

tenor.gif

T.O.P

Banned
I don't even like Crash that much but if you didn't see this coming then you are blind

The nostalgia for this series is huge in the more casual market

Ivan 3414

Seriously guys, are you that naive? There's no way this could be the best selling game of the year in just two days. Amazon is clearly lying to push sales.

daxy

Remake of the three games from one of the highest rated and THE biggest selling franchise on PS1, which was by far the biggest selling console that gen, for only thirty pounds.

No idea, Crash was never even good.

I mean, I don't even really like Crash but I would've gotten it at that price for the nostalgia factor if I owned a PS4. This was a really smart play by Sony. Now, if they'd do Twisted Metal...

Bumhead

Banned
I don't even like Crash that much but if you didn't see this coming then you are blind

The nostalgia for this series is huge in the more casual market

Yep.

Feels like people seriously haven't been paying attention. Although quite why you'd be upset enough about it to think this is somehow fiddled by Amazon is beyond me.

I've seen a few people on here arguing that this was fan service that would only sell a handful of copies. 😂

Nostalgia is big business and the thirst was obvious.

This is true. Sony and Nintendo have such a great catalogue and they sit on a pile of gold and don't seem to notice.

If by now both Sony ( Crash ) and Nintendo ( mini (s)nes ) aren't aware I don't know when they will be.

Zedark

Damn, quite impressive! Glad to see this game do this well, only works to further demolish the idiotic notion that platformers cannot sell anymore.

Hesh

PlayStation is the King of the UK and the PlayStation's King has returned. Warms the cockles of the heart, it does.

AHA-Lambda

Ahem, "But no one wants Crash! It was never good in the first place! It's not aged well!"

Myself and many others here kept saying for months that this game was going to be very successful :)

What a hit, son. I contributed to one of those and I don't even have a PS4 yet. Soon though!

I love Crash Bandicoot always and furever.

Of course preorders are included, what does that even change, preorders are units sold. "In just 2 days" here only means that the game is already #1 two days after the release, the rules are the same for every games. And if anyone thinks Amazon is not representative enough, I think they are in for a surprise tomorrow in the GFK report (well if GFK care to share any significant data).

Does UK gaming folks use Amazon prominently?

Wanna gauge the impact of this.

I can't get a physical copy in the UK near Sheffield. 4 gaming stores here (Game, Playtime, Granger, Cex and all of them are sold out.

It's not just amazon. It's selling out everywhere from what I can see.

I've seen loads of people come out of the woodwork to play this game. Even my mother and sister bought a copy each because it was one of the games we grew up with.

Damn, quite impressive! Glad to see this game do this well, only works to further demolish the idiotic notion that platformers cannot sell anymore.

Yeah.

But I was told that no one likes Crash Bandicoot, that these games wernt good, that there's no audience for platformers on a non-Nintendo console, that this game would only sell well on the Switch, that these games were too dated, etc, etc.

Yep. Good to see the Crash love, plus new people who are hopefully picking this up.
Crash was huge.

Well deserved. Awesome games. Had a huge smile on my face when i tried it yesterday. Only played 8 levels so far. It's hard yet fair... good old gameplay. One of my complaints of the latest mario's is that they are simply too easy. It feels good to play these harder Crash levels

I don't think US folks have any idea how huge Crash was in Europe. The Playstation was mainstream culture over here back in those days.

As huge as it was in Europe, it was still huge in the US, too. Anyone who says otherwise is either the odd one out and only basing it on anecdotal evidence, or is a revisionist. Crash was a big deal; and people seem to have forgotten that.

Nev

Banned
Don't expect a Spyro trilogy any time soon.

Those have far bigger levels, a lot more dialogue, character models etc.

Top Bottom