• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 5 | Because we didn't preorder thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Splatoon Amiibo closeups

939.gif

Gartooth

Jesus I'm going to have to be on watch tomorrow for this. I really wish they announced a Villager restock, I'm going to be crushed if I'm one short of the set.

Joei

September?!

Jesus, what's going on over there? The last of the new ones are out in July here.

Well, this is from this thread - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1020730

and the Amiibo list from there is -

The Next Waves of Super Smash Bros. Series amiibo: On May 29, a new set of amiibo in the Super Smash Bros. series will launch, featuring Charizard, PAC-MAN, Wario, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Robin, Lucina and Ness. July brings Dark Pit and Palutena. And in September, Zero Suit Samus, Ganondorf, Olimar, Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. will join the amiibo family.

I just got home and this is my first chance at reviewing what went down at the Nintendo Direct, so I'm looking at the first link, and scouring more sources in case I missed anything.

Kilau

Gold Member
It's just crushing that we have to wait almost two more months for wave 4 to come out in NA.

Also more store exclusives, even though we all knew it was coming, really tick me off.

Korosenai

Called my GameStop and they said preorders for Ness are going up at 1 pm... I have class from 12:30 to 1:50. Fml. He didn't know if the other amiibos were going up though.

Joei

Wow.

The EU schedule from the Direct:

869PTx4.png

The 6 wave 4 ones are coming later this month.

Oh, I see what you're getting at. You're in Europe and talking about their release schedule compared to North America's... and yeah, I see what you mean. I have no idea why there is such a huge gap. That's... odd....

And all the ones in your pic look awesome. I really want ZSS and Ganon, but man, those others look awesome.

Joei

So what preorders are opening up soon? Not counting Japan.

Yeah, did they mention any preorders for wave 4 or whatever we're on with Ness and the others? I'm sorry if this has been mentioned on the previous pages, I skimmed them a little but couldn't find a clear answer.

And I see people mention store exclusives... was that announced? Which ones??

High res pics of the new Amiibo
Thanks. Yoshi looks adorable and I think Dark Pit and Palutina are going to be stupidly hard to find since it's just them two that month. I never even saw a Pit anywhere so I'm worried about them. As for the others, it looks like Olimar only has 2 Pikmin with him but the package shows 3. I'd really like it if all 3 were there.

Shauni

Yeah, did they mention any preorders for wave 4 or whatever we're on with Ness and the others? I'm sorry if this has been mentioned on the previous pages, I skimmed them a little but couldn't find a clear answer.

And I see people mention store exclusives... was that announced? Which ones??

Ness has been confirmed as exclusive to Gamestop through their official twitter and being up for preorder as well. We are assuming that the others will probably start coming up for preorder at the same time.

Joei

Ness has been confirmed as exclusive to Gamestop through their official twitter and being up for preorder as well. We are assuming that the others will probably start coming up for preorder at the same time.

What if everyone is an exclusive... and they all release on the same day. Uh....

Piscus

Seriously, guys, let's not get into this right now. There's finally actual amiibo news and pending preorders. We don't have time to turn on each other!!!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
People are getting riled up right now for small things. It's obvious that he's going to use it for trade fodder or sell it to someone. Who cares. Let people do whatever they want.

I think it's better if we respect each other here and not getting on other people's cases if they bought more than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom