• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 5 | Because we didn't preorder thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW: Just called my local store, and they said that they normally have preorders open when the store opens. I'm wondering it the 2 p.m. thing was just for online, and in-store will be all day.

Ibuki

Banned
FWIW: Just called my local store, and they said that they normally have preorders open when the store opens. I'm wondering it the 2 p.m. thing was just for online, and in-store will be all day.

Things could change but usually when they say it will be online only, in store never goes up.

Pretty much a upfront preorder. Go to gamestop but your preorder will be the full price.
Then they will ship it to the store and tell you to pick it up. This is how I got my adapter on launch day for Smash.

^^^
Even if stocks run out online. I bet you there will still be instore preorders.

Called GS, asked about Wave 4 pre-order. Dude told me lots of people calling. He hasnt received any notification about pre-orders. Told him I would call again tomorrow midday to check again. Gonna camp on GS anyway 30 mins before 3 pm est.

Ibuki

Banned
What's "Web-in-Store" mean?
The leaked pic says available through Web-in-Store and on GameStop.com

It means you can put in an online order through the in store computers. An employee rings you up and you can use trade in towards the total. It still ships to your house though.

zdefonte

Neo Member
Pretty much a upfront preorder. Go to gamestop but your preorder will be the full price.
Then they will ship it to the store and tell you to pick it up. This is how I got my adapter on launch day for Smash.

Sorry new to this: So for web instore, do you pay for shipping?

Maengun1

So tomorrow at Gamestop we'll be able to pre-order Ness/Pacman/Wario/Charizard/Robin/Lucina? Or more?

I wonder if Jiggs and Greninja will be exclusive elsewhere.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It means you can put in an online order through the in store computers. An employee rings you up and you can use trade in towards the total. It still ships to your house though.

So it can't ship to store? I'm reading some conflicting stories here.

Soul Beat

Looks like I'll be having a short day at work tomorrow. I better get Lucina, Ness and Splatoon set...

Anyone know how much the set will be, by the way?

Xamdou

I would rather get my Amiibos from Bestbuy with 20% GCU discount. But since Ness is a GS exclusive I will have to get him from them.

Jawmuncher

Brian★;158482042 said:
^^^
Even if stocks run out online. I bet you there will still be instore preorders.
Yep. So if anyone misses out online, they should run to the store and try before giving up.
Does that mean it's preordered online or in-store?
It's ordered from their warehouse or something. For example the webpage was OOS of the adapters, but still available through web in-store. So inventories must be different.
Sorry new to this: So for web instore, do you pay for shipping?

No since it's shipped to store. (Guess you can ship to your house but I didn't do that)

skaflone721

Neo Member
More exclusivity is turning me off.

I get Nintendo can't get jack shit right, like properly stocking the regular ones first, so it really annoys me they actively make things even harder with their exclusivity BS.

Molemitts

Bowser Jr is going to be the first Amiibo I buy. Been waiting for him for ages.

If they do Amiibo of every Koopa Kid my wallet is dead.

hmmmmm i think i will only pre order Ness, Lucina and Robin
if sonic and mega man got a ton in store i bet pac man will be common, will get him from best buy
also Charchar the god has been popular for ages so he will be common
Wario will be common too

my prediction :p

tiijj

source me with a link that says other amiibo will be available for pre order tomorrow

It might be from this one > http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/314dk6/ness_is_exclusive_to_gamestop_next_wave/

eH6QmUO.jpg

mugwhump

Brian, does pygehd let you cancel preorders? I impulse-reserved a lucina, but I'll cancel if I can get a preorder with a canadian retailer.

GameStop doesn't charge for online orders right away correct?

I'll have to get them tomorrow as a back up since nothing was announced for Canada. Fuck

I bought a Little Mac on Amazon for $100 shipped and it's going to take potentially up to a month to arrive.

Welp.

0_o , cancel that shit

it goes for like $60 on ebay, unless your not from america, also it should take a week max if the person is lazy as hell to ship something

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the isabelle Amiibo card being held at the end of that segment was a foil variation.

rjinaz

I bought a Little Mac on Amazon for $100 shipped and it's going to take potentially up to a month to arrive.

Welp.

That's why too much. They can be had for cheaper. Not too mention Japan is getting a restock soon. You're going to see them pop back up on ebay and the like probably in the $30 range. Should wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom