• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed: Unity Framerate Is “Atrocious”

Mononoke

Banned
bTGthi0.jpg

Yeah, my game only crashes with its shitty FPS stability. But totally don't fix that first.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Holy shit...

I'm rather enjoying the game on PC, but this is getting ridiculous.

They must not have thinking people in their PR department. Even if they did prioritize fixing that microtransaction stuff (which would be shitty in itself, but understandable since it's probably totally different people working on it), to publicize it like they did is just bananas.

Coolade

I don't feel it's thread worthy. Put yourself in the poor shoes of someone who bought this game, and got charged for buying credits they didn't receive. I think it's important to fix people from being outright robbed from failing to receive these helix credits they paid for, as opposed to the previous robbery of them buying the game in the first place. Priorities.

rBose

Banned
No thank you I have no reason to put myself in the shoes of a buyer because I would not have bought this Alpha build.

This is not a bug, they are just talking and moving funny at the same time, it happens:p

Cut scenes/qte should be isolated from AIs, not the case here with this polished game.

Chabbles

Ubi salivating at the mouth over these microtransaction monies

02da587b1aa6a5cf12fa23d35eb714c1.jpg

Do you see the evil grin in Ubi's face ?, can you see it ?, and the eyes, look at the evil eyes. LOOK AT THEM!

The stones on Ubisoft. You know the sad part? i actually spent a few bucks on microtransactions on Black Flag BECAUSE I ENJOYED THE GAME that much and I even bought the season pass. But that's also because the game worked!

DigiMish

I don't feel it's thread worthy. Put yourself in the poor shoes of someone who bought this game, and got charged for buying credits they didn't receive. I think it's important to fix people from being outright robbed from failing to receive these helix credits they paid for, as opposed to the previous robbery of them buying the game in the first place. Priorities.

Exactly. What's worse? A hit to framerate or not getting credited for something you buy?

It's called priorities, people.

They need to "Hack" the fuck into touch with public perception. They'd be better off not even talking about this small update and just throwing it out there and leaving no patch notes. Who runs UbiPr?

Still, it's a great game. The micro transactions mean very very little as everything in game can be earned in a very short amount of time. But these "fixes" seem prioritized in maximizing profit and not in refinement of a polished product especially in the face of such harsh criticisms of crippling console framerate(I'm on PC) which still isn't even great on PC, with way too random framerate drops in odd and strange places(Hallways, in doors, houses).

Exactly. What's worse? A hit to framerate or not getting credited for something you buy?

It's called priorities, people.

They shouldn't even allow people to buy credits or packs until core features are actually working. It does a disservice to tHe customer and them.

Aces&Eights

So rather than fix the glaring performance problems, Ubisoft had decided to put all efforts into fixing a system that allows them to milk real money from people in a game said people already spent 60 on?

It's like I woke up on Jupiter.

So rather than fix the glaring performance problems, Ubisoft had decided to put all efforts into fixing a system that allows them to milk real money from people in a game said people already spent 60 on?

It's like I woke up on Jupiter.

All its efforts?

Do you believe there was a team of 400 people working on the microtransaction issue, and that now they've finished up with that they are just now going to start working on other bugs and trying to sort out the framerate a bit more?

Aces&Eights

All its efforts?

Do you believe there was a team of 400 people working on the microtransaction issue, and that now they've finished up with that they are just now going to start working on other bugs and trying to sort out the framerate a bit more?

Of course not. Perhaps my frustration tainted my words there. I guess I would just hope that if this is really an official announcement that the PR folks would have advised that perhaps they announce that the performance issues are being addressed above the function that collects them more money.

Edit: and to be honest I truly feel that from what I've seen in the game that management's main concern is not fixing issues that are preventing people from having an enjoyable experience, rather, addressing the issue of corporate not being able to collect micro money or that the micro app is not giving out purchased goods that in turn might cause people to nor spend more money on it.

Of course not. Perhaps my frustration tainted my words there. I guess I would just hope that if this is really an official announcement that the PR folks would have advised that perhaps they announce that the performance issues are being addressed above the function that collects them more money.

Joke's on all of us anyway, seems like it's a fake message.

There's nothing on twitter, fb or their liveblog and nobody has reported that a new patch has come out.

Seriously. Ubisoft needs to stop making adventure games and start going back to making Just Dance games, this is unexcusable. Hundreds of shit PRs and now this. .-.

Aces&Eights

Joke's on all of us anyway, seems like it's a fake message.

There's nothing on twitter, fb or their liveblog and nobody has reported that a new patch has come out.

If that is the case then I think I hate the trolls even more lol. All I want to do is play video games. That work. Why is this all so complicated? I'm getting old. My old man brain can't take it.

Chaplain

I will post a video that I took of the game running at 1 fps that is 100% reproducible by repeatedly taking low cover. The game literally becomes a slide show with this bug. Will post tomorrow due to being on my cell phone right now.

ubiblu

I don't see the issue here. This is a quick fix to an isolated problem. Reprogramming large chunks of the game likely takes more time, and the business incentive is clearly there for Ubisoft to fix the base game and get more people playing, not dote on the suckers satisfied with the current experience.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Putting your ps4 offline fixes the framerate issue

There are so many assassin creed threads I don't know where to post this but, can anyone with a PS4 or PC confirm this?
Someone here on GAF discovered this a few days ago, but wasn't sure if it was some fluke or not. Reading that Reddit topic it seems that it worked for quite a few people, but not everyone. I suspect there's an addition frame stutter introduced by being online, but it wouldn't solve the performance issues when you're walking through the crowds etc.

This game tracks stuff online all the time, so if the servers are being hammered, and their code is not properly multithreaded, performance issues due to that could very well happen, as the game tries and fails to resubmit some tracking data all the time.

Someone here on GAF discovered this a few days ago, but wasn't sure if it was some fluke or not. Reading that Reddit topic it seems that it worked for quite a few people, but not everyone. I suspect there's an addition frame stutter introduced by being online, but it wouldn't solve the performance issues when you're walking through the crowds etc.

This game tracks stuff online all the time, so if the servers are being hammered, and their code is not properly multithreaded, performance issues due to that could very well happen.

The same exact issue happened with Ubisoft's Just Dance 2015. Online = random hitches as background data was transferred.

Rapstah

If their framerate actually is because they are CPU-bound, then it makes sense that adding more CPU activity would slow the game down more... but they would have to be doing a lot of network stuff to make it noticable to normal users.

Top Bottom