• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed unity Patch 4 On Hold (Paris map being "refurbished")

Alx

But I thought Ubisoft already said they had optimized it as much as they could and the CPU in the consoles was holding it back?

So they are admitting they just completely lied because they were too damn lazy to spend a few weeks on optimization?

If they have to rework part of the game to improve the performances, it is actually a sign that the game required more than simple "code optimization" indeed.

brau

well... i guess its better for them not to release an update that really doesn't fix anything and get more backlash.

At the same time... i am disappointed. I tried Ac this weekend and it was not much fun with the lag, unresponsiveness, and weird bugs. I was hoping to play the game during the break.

CGg6imul.png

Perfecto

The patch delay also means Club competitions are still not in there I think. Man, I wanna unlock some legendary gear.

I knew Ubisoft would disappoint one way or another today.

At least they're dependable in that sense.

If that patch doesn't come out this week, don't expect to see it until after New Year's.

Hmm wording of this sounds interesting. I've shelved the game after the frame rate just making it barely enjoyable. Underneath that is a great game. Will be interesting seeing what Digital Foundry finds regarding this performance patch.

Is this going to be another one of those super huge patches?

Not that I'd mind if I owned the game. Better to have the performance problems addressed than not, but isn't something like a refurbished city map a rather big deal?

dex3108

People still yelling at them when they take time to fix the technical issues. GAF.

I am ok with that but i am not ok with whole announcement that happened on friday. If you want to announce something especially big patch release date be sure that patch will be ready for release on that day.

Struct09

A bummer since I've been holding off on playing until they get performance better on PS4. I like what I've played so far (about 5 hours worth), and I look forward to going back.

LOL this thread is hilarious. Gaf making me bust out in laughter.

They need to remove some of the NPC's I think...really, there's no need for that many imo.

Having just picked the game up a few days ago, i was quite looking forward to this (looking forward to patches... what a year for gaming!). I was able to snag Alien isolation for nice and cheap too so i'll dive into that more first. Hopefully it drops before Friday.

cakely

So, let me get this right ... they're OK to delay the patch until it meets their quality control standards, but they were fine releasing a $60 retail version before it was done.

$30 is still too much: confirmed.

Alx

They need to remove some of the NPC's I think...really, there's no need for that many imo.

I remember they said that the number of NPCs wasn't the bottleneck. Which is believable, especially when you consider that playing the game offline already improved the framerate. I don't know exactly what kind of issues the game can have under the hood, but I can imagine they're not necessarily obvious ones.

Rndm

" [...] and that will take [...] more [time] to hit the high level of quality our players deserve" is what they should have told their investors and the players before delaying the game itself instead of telling us that in regards to a patch intended to further fix a game that was pretty broken on release... Oh Ubisoft.. you really don't get out of this dilemma, do you?

cakely

People still yelling at them when they take time to fix the technical issues. GAF.

Why didn't they take the time to fix the technical issues before they released the game?

This isn't about "GAF" it's about a shady developer rushing a product out to meet a holiday deadline. They deserve all the grief thrown that them and honestly, more.

woen

Not yelling. Laughing.

No one is yelling at them, lol. We're laughing at them.

Barely the same thing and look at the OP.

But gaf is gafing I know

They almost assuredly have to reduce the crowd sizes to help improve frame rate. Most Likely what they mean.

They already said the performance issues were not coming from the crowd.

Why didn't they take the time to fix the technical issues before they released the game?

This isn't about "GAF" it's about a shady developer rushing a product out to meet a holiday deadline. They deserve all the grief thrown that them and honestly, more.

Yeah yeah backslash is good, they deserve to die and all that, even when it's just about a patch delay.

So, let me get this right ... they're OK to delay the patch until it meets their quality control standards, but they were fine releasing a $60 retail version before it was done.

$30 is still too much: confirmed.

And I'd bet my life that if gamers didn't make as much noise about this as we did, they still wouldn't give two shits about quality control and this patch wouldn't be releasing at all. Companies like Ubi only care about 'quality' and 'gamers' when their profit margins are at risk.

Unless they want to kill off most of the city population, they'll need to do a lot more than that to significantly improve the performance.

I don't believe the crowd density, outside of extreme scenarios, is the real culprit behind the poor performance anyways.

So they pushed the game out so early that they didn't even have time to downgrade it from reveal?

sarcasm

On serious note. I want to see what they actually are going to do with the patch, must be something more than just slashing NPC count. It will probably still break something, that is just how these things go.

Been playing this for a week now and really enjoying it. Probably the actual Assassin's Creed game since Brotherhood (Black Flag was good but it wasn't Assassin's Creed). Looking forward to seeing what effect the patch has.

Top Bottom