• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed unity Patch 4 On Hold (Paris map being "refurbished")

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
znlfnd.gif

Guess I'm putting off finishing Unity for another week.

jackdoe

Unless they want to kill off most of the city population, they'll need to do a lot more than that to significantly improve the performance.

I don't believe the crowd density, outside of extreme scenarios, is the real culprit behind the poor performance anyways.
It could be the wholly unnecessary cloth physics on NPCs, which is one of the culprits for that severe NPC pop-in, and I'm hoping that's removed at least.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the performance issues stem from something like the whole Crysis 2 tesselation issue on PC. It could be likely that the game is straight up rendering a ton of stuff that you can't see.

Elginer

Let's see if they can actually make this game live up to the beautiful art. I mean, hell - I can be hopeful right?

it's shitty to cancel a patch on the day it was supposed to release for two reasons :
- we know patch aren't submited to Sony/MS on day of release so they knew they wouldn't make it, hence, they should have told us ealier
- WTH refurbish mean ?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
so is Ubisoft. lol

Lmao

Unity is truly a testament of reaching for the stars and crashing headfirst into one's own ass. Still trying to get unstuck.

it's shitty to cancel a patch on the day it was supposed to release for two reasons :
- we know patch aren't submited to Sony/MS on day of release so they knew they wouldn't make it, hence, they should have told us ealier
- WTH refurbish mean ?

Downgrade.

- WTH refurbish mean ?

Visual downgrade to improve frame rate

ironcreed

Banned
So does this mean that it will be re-released as a super, mega, ultra, definitive, GOTY, refurbished edition? I am actually having fun with the game as-is, but I could not resist.

Mooreberg

Does this mean they're delaying the season pass stuff?
I thought it was already canned, with purchasers getting another recent Ubi game instead of a refund.

As for trolling... there is a darker possibility: these people actually believe what they are saying. Strange times ahead if this is considered a successful endeavor for them after the bungling and bundling.

ISee

Yves Guillemot decides to release the game at all costs before christmas instead of delaying it for 5-6 months. Because he wants the money to stay in this fiscal quarter of the year and because Assassins Creed: Victory has to be released next year. And with that he damages his own brand and the reputation of his company big times.

But the worst part is that now many people have to keep on working overtime right before christmas to try to fix the game as good as possible. Instead of spending time with their loved ones. That is the part that really makes me sad.

Merry christmas to the hard working people @ ubisoft.
To Yves Guillemott: Go f
* still censored*

People still yelling at them when they take time to fix the technical issues. GAF.

Most of it is salt over the current state of a game selling at retail, but this post is perfectly sensible. Someone at Ubi said 'hey we can't release this because of quality issues' and then someone else listened. That's the process working properly.

It's a travesty that can't happen before they ask people to pay $60+ for the shipping title but this announcement is actually good, it represents both transparency and sensible product management. Imagine the reaction if the patch came out and we had another FEZ-style 'oops the patch broke even more stuff in even more horrible ways.'

kiguel182

The game could've used some extra dev time that much is clear now.

Hopefully after all the patches it should be running smooth. Curious to see what refurbishing Paris means.

drexplora

funny choice of wording ubi :D

Never heard anyone use the word 'Refurbished' when speaking in regards to 3d graphics.
Vague indeed :p

I thought it was already canned, with purchasers getting another recent Ubi game instead of a refund.

you heard completely wrong. First piece of dlc is free for everyone. AC Chronicles will be available to buy separately(still free to people with season pass). Free Ubi game for anyone that bought the season pass

ironcreed

Banned
you heard completely wrong. First piece of dlc is free for everyone. AC Chronicles will be available to buy separately. Free Ubi game for anyone that bought the season pass

Yeah, I bought a season pass for once. Looks like it could be good and it's nice to be getting a free game to boot.

ISee

This game is still in development isn't it?

Yeah Ubisoft got that accidentally wrong. They wanted to give us yearly access to a new AC game, instead they gave us early access to an unfinished game. Can happen, no big deal.

If "refurbish" means that they're going to reduce NPC count then I'm happy for them to day that, there are way too many at the minute.

witness

My wife bought this for me today as a Christmas present, Amazon sale, so as long as that patch is up for Christmas (I can't imagine them waiting until after) I'll have no issues. Stinks for the people who already have it though.

Mooreberg

you heard completely wrong. First piece of dlc is free for everyone. AC Chronicles will be available to buy separately. Free Ubi game for anyone that bought the season pass
I was replying to a question specifically about the season pass.

Anyway, I wish Sony and Microsoft would stop rewarding busted games with promotional deals. Sony did it with BF4, and now Microsoft is doing it with this game. It is one thing when a third party game is "too big to fail" when it comes to QA, but to furthur insulate it from negative word of mouth is like salt in the wound. Say what you will about Activision, they delivered fully functional products to Sony and MS this fall for bundles.

Then again, Driveclub and MCC are not giving much confidence when it comes to internal QA either. Sloppy work across the board.

Corgi

Banned
don't know what people are complaining about here. Delaying a patch for polish is what you want right?

glad that the devs have more say now post all the drama and what not associated with this title. Must suck being forced to ship a game even when you know its broke ass due to business suits.

Top Bottom