• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed unity Patch 4 On Hold (Paris map being "refurbished")

everything_is_terrible.gif

I could be mistaken, but I think I remember Ubi saying in a blog post or something that them removing NPC's would not help the games performance at all.

yeah I found it, they did say this.

"Though crowd size was something we looked at extensively pre-launch, it is something we continue to keep a close eye on. We have just finished a new round of tests on crowd size but have found it is not linked to this problem and does not improve frame rate, so we will be leaving crowds as they are."

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US....aspx?c=tcm:152-185420-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Einhander

Dude, Ubisoft has still left bugs in Black Flag. I laughed when Edward did the motion of putting his hood over his head while wearing the
Mayan suit
. It didn't have a hood!

Oh Ubi.

I'm not getting Unity until it's playable and $20.

Human_me

Dude, Ubisoft has still left bugs in Black Flag. I laughed when Edward did the motion of putting his hood over his head while wearing the
Mayan suit
. It didn't have a hood!

Oh Ubi.

I was amazed they didn't fix that.
They could of not played the animation.
Or at least gave the
Mayan suit
a hood.

JackTorrance

Neo Member
Mayan suit
. It didn't have a hood!

Oh Ubi.

I got it for $10 (used chase cash back for the difference) and imo, it's not even worth $10. I'm not even talking frame drops or anything, it's just a boring game coming off Black Flag (which i loved).

I'll tell you what's irritating though, the different chests that require an app or playing some online game to open.

TheGamer

I have barely started playing the game... maybe I should go a bit further and see more of the city in case they change too much of it. ?

I bought the game at launch and I was waiting until all the patches were out before I put in the time to play it. I'm thinking if I should start playing it now and see how it looks before the latest patch drops.

"Refurbishing Paris" definitely means visual downgrade. Probably replacing textures with lower quality ones and lowering geometry.

Someone needs to make a Ubisoft Emblem with the motto "Rigorous Quality Control". Hahaha.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Wait, there's chests in the game that you need an app to unlock?

Yeah, I didn't realize this until after purchase. The chests have no real impact on gaming but you will always see them on your map (very annoying if you're like me and a bit OCD). The app was broken when I stopped playing four weeks ago (lost all my unlocked assassins and chests that I had unlocked in the app weren't also unlocked in Unity itself).

More info below:

http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-unity-companion-app-faq/

I was going to play it today after the update hit, but guess I won't now. Have it sitting here, waiting to play it (haven't even installed it yet). Guess I will wait a "few more days" until the patch hits.

Pyrrhus

I think a an honest, comprehensive post-mortem on how they managed to fuck this game up this so thoroughly would be fascinating.

NovaCross

Neo Member
I have like..an OCD problem with not keeping my games up to date with patches but I feel like I shouldn't get this one..ACU is running pretty perfect with the new AMD Omega Drivers for me and I'm afraid it sounds like they're going to be doing some weird downgrading..

jooso

I'll wait for the next AssCreed that hits 30 fps and 1080p. So that would probably be AC 6, 7 or 8. Atleast now I have plenty of time to finish Black Flag.

brau

So at this point, do you guys think that i could request a refund on ps4? i own the game digital. Prbly out of the question eh?

b0bbyJ03

Rigorous quality control is of paramount importance to us, and your feedback over these past weeks has indicated that it is important to you as well.

What?!? Who are they taking to? Lmao. We should start a gamers Union and put out our own responses which would look like this:

woen

The problem with the app is not the app itself but that it's not really funny, it's pretty bad-designed, there's tons of bugs and you need to play it for like 1 month 1/2 everyday to get everything.

The Black Flag app was soooo much better.

jwk94

I thought it was already canned, with purchasers getting another recent Ubi game instead of a refund.

As for trolling... there is a darker possibility: these people actually believe what they are saying. Strange times ahead if this is considered a successful endeavor for them after the bungling and bundling.

Sorry, I meant the free game.

138133-Doc-Rivers-gif-Imgur-wtf-pZo6.gif

It genuinely feels like they're trolling us when they say things like this. It's so important to you...yet your game launched as a buggy mess that frequently dipped into the low 20's? Come the fuck on...

Now. Rigorous quality control is of paramount importance to Ubisoft...NOW. Certainly not a few weeks ago but definitely now.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Hopefully this is one of the things getting fixed. They need to unlock or just remove all of the companion app chests.

They may have fixed it, but I haven't tried companion app or the main game to check if the patch has worked with me (all my unlocked app assassins disappeared as well as all my unlocked areas in the app; also I had the non-unlocked chest sync problem with the main game):

Companion App issues: We’ve just released a new patch for the Companion App, so be sure to update to release 1.04 if you have not already. This patch addresses the following issues:

Restoration of lost Premiums
Fixed synchronization issues for first-time users and at login
Fixed the “no assassin” issue in the tutorial
Fixed missions with 100% odds of success that could fail
Fixed an issue with lost progress – simply resync with the HD game and load your save, this will synchronize your online progression data.

Can anyone verify that the app is now working?

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US....aspx?c=tcm:152-187731-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Top Bottom