• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity - PC Performance thread

Steam has it but it will fire up uplay in the background. That's Hot is a Steam key far as I know.
They're Uplay keys (note the Uplay logo and legal section on the rear cover). Ubi doesn't provide Steam keys for Uplay games
Yeah, I'm fine with a UPlay key - I actually want a digital key (would've preferred Steam but aren't that fussed), as the Ubisoft on-disc DRM has historically been pretty terrible. It's just that when I read the case it didn't explicitly say it needed UPlay except for "online functionality", whereas the Far Cry 4 That's Hot version actually says you need a UPlay account.

Thanks though.

sertopico

Hi guys, I am bumping the thread again because I wanted to give the game another chance -last time I got bored and I uninstalled it- but I am having that damned LOD issue. Even by maxing up every setting, many not-so-distant buildings have an atrocious lack of detail, textures are blurred and polygons are reduced to the bone. Is there any kind of fix for this?

My PC: i7 6700k@4.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 980Ti@1.5 Ghz, Windows 10 with the latest SP, nVidia FW 382.05.

Thanks in advance.

ISee

It isn't a bug. That's how the game is. They improved the distant level of detail significantly in syndicate, but reduced the size of NPC crowds roaming the streets.

It isn't a bug. That's how the game is. They improved the distant level of detail significantly in syndicate, but reduced the size of NPC crowds roaming the streets.

It's rather unfortunate, as I consider the poor level of detail and NPC model quality to be one of the biggest graphical weak points of Assassin's Creed Unity. Even up close the NPCs can look incredibly poor, I feel it really hinders the otherwise really good presentation of the game.

sertopico

Understood. I read somewhere to put details to their lowest, quit the game and then set them to the max, quit, and finally load the savegame after restarting the game, somewhere else to disable every texture enhancement from nVCP., like Anisotropic Filtering. Guess they're both placebos.

Regarding the NPCs, I can't stand the constant popping in of details in clothing and faces, really poorly made. The game manages to be beautiful at times though.

Top Bottom