• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity sees major performance increase with Pro 4.5 boost mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

Banned
holy-sht.gif

kiguel182

So, is the Pro worth it now? Steadier frame-rates is a pretty big incentive to upgrade. It seems this should've been there from the start.

R aka Bon

What is this thread even about? i see no official or known sources in the OP, and am even more confused by the gifs... what's going on.

Edit: Didn't see the thread about the OS update, that supposedly boosts games perfomance. OT: That's actually interesting to hear, as Unity had a lot of problems on OG PS4, and i wonder how many games have been affected and how much due to this boost, hopefully DF covers this soon.

I remember getting banned for 2 weeks for posting a single Southpark pic. Good times.
I'm definitely not saying how the mods should do thier work but I hope they look into this. I come in here to read up on people's ideas about this cause this game had a huge uproar in aot of issues.

Things people do are impressionable, but mods can lock that noise down real fast.

I'm surprised they did a pro patch for this but it's cool if it's somewhat significant. I thought it looked really good on pc though.

5taquitos

What is this thread even about? i see no official or known sources in the OP, and am even more confused by the gifs... what's going on.

There's no official sources because the beta rollout just started, and places like DF don't have it yet. Several Gaffers in the Boost Mode thread have confirmed that Unity's performance is significantly better.

That's the point of this thread.

I'm surprised they did a pro patch for this but it's cool if it's somewhat significant. I thought it looked really good on pc though.

It's not actually an AC:Unity patch, which is the bigger deal. This is the PS4 Pro boost mode in firmware 4.5 that unlocks the Pro hardware for unpatched games.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
I'm definitely not saying how the mods should do thier work but I hope they look into this. I come in here to read up on people's ideas about this cause this game had a huge uproar in aot of issues.

Things people do are impressionable, but mods can lock that noise down real fast.

Well I am. Keep shit consistent, maybe talk about it with each other sometime, instead of a mod on an off day, singling out someone for something that happens in almost every thread?

I AINT EVEN MAD.

is totally mad

Patrick S.

Banned

You must be fun at parties.. The ban-happyness on this site is way too extreme, and the thirst of users like you to get or see other users banned is disgusting.

There's no official sources because the beta rollout just started, and places like DF don't have it yet. Several Gaffers in the Boost Mode thread have confirmed that Unity's performance is significantly better.

That's the point of this thread.

It's not actually an AC:Unity patch, which is the bigger deal. This is the PS4 Pro boost mode in firmware 4.5 that unlocks the Pro hardware for unpatched games.
I just woke up and this was the first thread I entered, caught up since lol.

It's something that should hopefully be good a few hopefully doesn't cause any issues for games.

I am becoming increasingly nervous that people over-posting the holy shit gif are going to get banned for it. It's all in good fun but this thread is lost to the spam. I hope this thread doesn't become a graveyard. Be safe, friends.

I, the ignoble coward, will be over here enjoying the gifs in private.

prwxv3

So, is the Pro worth it now? Steadier frame-rates is a pretty big incentive to upgrade. It seems this should've been there from the start.

One again this is only for old games that's did not receive a patch going forward all games will have a pro version no patch needed.

It's was not at launch to avoid "many games don't work on pspro" news stories even if it was optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom