• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I was lying to be honest

I actually only care about the upcoming harvest moon that isn't actually confirmed for PAl yet I believe

Shaneus

Gazunta

Check your PMs, my good man. According to the spreadsheet, this should get you 250 points closer to your goal :)

Uh oh, I hope that the game being on the list doesn't mean that you already have that game and registered it...
Some other people have added games to the list, but yep, I already have that game so cant register it twice, but thank you so much anyway!

AusGAF is best GAF.

jambo

Wut

9bdZu9Bm.png

Or are you talking about somewhere else entirely

At some point in late 2012 Samsung's TouchWiz was updated and one of the updates was a locked dock area.

Of the last ten games I've beaten (discounting Virtual Console and HD re-releases), four of ten heavily featured shooting dudes. Two of those four incentivised not lethally shooting dudes (though one of them became a fuck it, just shoot dudes game anyway) while another professed to be about adventure and made a Big Thing about shooting dudes to start with before devolving to nothing but just shooting dudes anyway.

The larger point being that, even in the mainstream, it's pretty easy to find games that aren't just about shooting dudes unless you want to frame modern games to fit some kind of agenda.

The list, for those of you playing at home:

Luigi's Mansion 2
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Kingdom Hearts Recoded
HarmoKnight
Hatsune Miku Project Diva F
Tomb Raider
Kirby's Adventure Wii
Vanquish

Jintor

I linked you to a $13 one at EBGames!?!

I already have Rune Factory 1!

List the last 10 games you played? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING
METAL GEAR SOLID 3 SNAKE EATER
BULLY: SCHOLARSHIP EDITION
BIOSHOCK INFINITE
SIM CITY
DON'T STARVE
METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SONS OF LIBERTY
METAL GEAR RISING REVENGEANCE
GRAVITY DAZE
RED FACTION GUERILLA

oops too much shooting dudes

Rahk

It depends on the type of game you're playing... it renders death meaningless. You want that in some games, but in others...

The closest thing you can make to bring death in line with death in a game is to erase progress, but I'm kind of thinking about it not being quite so onerous
I like how Demons/Dark Souls handles it. You go back to the last save point on death and lose souls, but you're able to return to where you died to collect your souls and in the process earn more from killing enemies on the way. If you die before you make it back, you lose them all. So there's a penalty for dying, but it still feels like you're making some progress even if you have to backtrack a bit, unless you die again and lose all your souls. Plus it has the 'bookmark' type save as well.

My last 10 games would be a terrible list! Unless you mean finished games.

Finished:
Sherlock Holmes Vs. Jack The Ripper (360)
Sleepy Dogs (360)
Spec Ops The Lines (360)
Portal 2 (360)
Bioshock Infinite (PC)

Played/playing:
Gears of War 3 (360)
Aliens Colonial Marines (360)
Brave (360)
Tomb Raider (PC)

I already have Rune Factory 1!

Well fuck, how about the 3DS one for $25 posted from Zavvi? Is that good enough m'lord?!?

This will change as the show progresses.

I find Alison Brie/Annie's shtick a bit tiresome now. #teambritta

At some point in late 2012 Samsung's TouchWiz was updated and one of the updates was a locked dock area.

What kind of update is that lol
Anyway that was a screenshot of my phone (Note 2) earlier this afternoon running Touchwiz on Android 4.1.2. Locked dock area doesn't seem to be the case any more.

Jintor

I won't be satisfied with anything less than a harvest moon game from the future!

Bear in mind the minute you bring it back it won't be from the future anymore

Rahk

10 last games I've played? Sure.

Fez
Monaco
Fire Emblem Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 2
Bioshock Infinite
Soul Sacrifice
Knytt Underground
Guacamelee
La-Mulana
DJMax Technika Tune
Dota 2 should probably be in there somewhere.

Fairly light on shooting dudes, and Bioshock is really the only one that forces you to.

so you on board the miku train now BoB? saw your post in the miku thread:p guy gave you good recommendation too

Certainly am. Glad I took the punt on F when the PS3 version came out, was exactly what I was after. Dunno if I'll order 2nd this week, but it's deffo on my "shit to buy, probably sooner than later" list.

Rahk

I should probably get Vita Miku at some point. Played the PSP one a bit and didn't really like that 4 buttons were pretty much the only input though.

Rezbit

Last 10 played games? Dang that's hard, let's see:

NBA 2K13
Dota 2
Dark Souls
Tomb Raider
Bioshock Infinite
Killzone 2
God of War 3
Wipeout HD
Vanquish
Scribblenauts on iOS

So 4 out of 10 shooty shooty.

I won't be satisfied with anything less than a harvest moon game from the future!

Bear in mind the minute you bring it back it won't be from the future anymore

Are you talking about the 12+ month old one? Why don't you have a US 3DS!

Silly PAL people thinking that you will get games here! Thank the lord Ninty for the region locks!

Finally getting in to Community is the best thing that's happened to me recently (after typing that, I realise how sad it is).

Additionally, despite what I might have initially thought simply by looking at the actresses without having ever watched them in anything, Britta > Annie by so big a margin it isn't even funny

You couldn't be more wrong.

Actually they're both super annoying after season 2, but Annie is still cuter anyday

Deeku

I should probably get Vita Miku at some point. Played the PSP one a bit and didn't really like that 4 buttons were pretty much the only input though.
vita just added a screen swipe for a button press thing, so 5 buttons now! but yeah, it's really just a 4 button game, you either love the music, the rhythm game part, or the unlocking clothes part. or love miku i guess lol

last 10 games i play/ still playing

dragon quest 7
virtues last reward
tactics ogre
soul hackers
etrian odyssey 4
animal crossing new leaf
fire emblem
mario 3d land
japanese baseball game
luigis mansion 2

no shootin!

Kritz

Banned
this is the way ausgaf 8 ends
not with a bang but a list thread

FEZ
Kerbal Space Program
Planetside 2
Zeno Clash 2
Starseed Pilgrim
Monaco
Dota 2
Ticket to Ride
Arma 3 Alpha
Bioshock Infinite

... boy I've been playing a lotta different types of, mostly weird/small, games lately.

Danoss

S1 Community was god tier comedy. It's just... Gone downhill since.

It really was, I haven't seen much humour in it since. Season 2 had its moments, but since then it's been quite poor. I haven't seen any of the current season and I have no interest.

Fusebox

Banned
Last 10 played:

The Line Spec Ops
FFVIII
Soul Calibur 5
Persona 4G
Guacamelee
DOA5+
Atelier Totori
Tales of Grace f
God of War Ascension
Mass Effect

I think... Probably missed 1 or 2 but that's close enough.

lexi

Banned
It really was, I haven't seen much humour in it since. Season 2 had its moments, but since then it's been quite poor. I haven't seen any of the current season and I have no interest.

It's awful. I stopped watching after a few episodes.

Kritz

Banned
friend let me know he has a PS2 and a copy of Persona 4 that he'll hand to me once he plays through it himself, which is somehow being passed through a few of my friends.

Now, do I go back and watch the GB ER which I still haven't done because fuck those dungeons are boring in video... or do I just play the game.

And by play I mean, ... boot up once or twice and get bored.

Can't believe I stayed up until midnight just to see what the daily deal for Play Asia was. How sad.

Also $30 Army of Two 3 is $18 too much

TULrt.jpg

friend let me know he has a PS2 and a copy of Persona 4 that he'll hand to me once he plays through it himself, which is somehow being passed through a few of my friends.

Now, do I go back and watch the GB ER which I still haven't done because fuck those dungeons are boring in video... or do I just play the game.

Just buy it on Vita!

Deeku

buy a vita and play it on the go!

i mentioned it recently, but i've been basically marathon watching the p4 ER in the background while doing work on the weekends. it is some serious laugh out loud entertainment! up to ep 95!

Rahk

vita just added a screen swipe for a button press thing, so 5 buttons now! but yeah, it's really just a 4 button game, you either love the music, the rhythm game part, or the unlocking clothes part. or love miku i guess lol
It just seems silly to have to use only one thumb for the whole game. It was enjoyable enough once the songs became more difficult though.

The Taiko no Tatsujin games on PSP were great. It only required two inputs, one for red and one for blue, but for harder songs you needed to use both thumbs and alternate between d-pad and buttons like a drum as it went so fast. Now I'm sad that there is still no Vita Taiko. Would be awesome with the option to use the touchscreens as well.

Deeku

It just seems silly to have to use only one thumb for the whole game. It was enjoyable enough once the songs became more difficult though.

The Taiko no Tatsujin games on PSP were great. It only required two inputs, one for red and one for blue, but for harder songs you needed to use both thumbs and alternate between d-pad and buttons like a drum as it went so fast. Now I'm sad that there is still no Vita Taiko. Would be awesome with the option to use the touchscreens as well.
It's on 3ds but you need a jp 3ds...I do remember psp taiko, that ish was tooooughhhh! I'm was never too hot on the music though, but it was still fun enough...actually now that i think about it, the music was ok, it was the drums. like, how it doesn't really blend in with the music n stuff..

That reminds me, I never got around to getting DJMax vita, I should get on that this weekend!

Wut

9bdZu9Bm.png

Or are you talking about somewhere else entirely

oz ma gerd
hows

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Fark that's a lot of games where you shoot people.

lota people to shoot

instead watch me and aniseed play through p3

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last 10 games:

Poker Night 2
Bioshock Infinite
Assassin Creed 3
Tomb Raider
Max Payne 3
Sleeping Dogs
Gemini Rue

That's all recently. Still need to finish Gemini Rue.

Plenty of shooting in those games.

Jintor

I...honestly don't see anything scammy about this.sure you might say it's a bad deal.but it's not false nor misleading. Caveat emptor, yo.that's how kickstarter rolls.

Maybe I just have a higher legal threshold of 'scam'

I...honestly don't see anything scammy about this.sure you might say it's a bad deal.but it's not false nor misleading. Caveat emptor, yo.that's how kickstarter rolls.

$10 goal. Unethical. Basically breaking the only rule of Kickstarter, to have a point to the campaign.

This is just a fundraising campaign. Kickstarter will be happy to take their 5% though.

Also this isn't illegal.

Omikron

We are making a podcast, if you want, give us money for it. That's it.

That said, I wish kickstarter was still more about new projects that genuinely need funding, not monetising existing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom