• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, this is definitely a black guy.

AznrUzq.jpg

All of which are fictional. Here you're talking about an actual war, one of the bloodiest in history where real mean lost their lives in the most horrific conditions you can think of and yet if it will be like any other DICE single player Battlefield campaign, then it will be glorifying in the violence.

Like I said in my previous post, you can have games in WW1, but a shooty mcbang bang FPS game? Can't see it working.

So you're against pretty much every WW2 game that's been released? I don't see why you'd consider WW1 off limits but WW2 is perfectly fine for action-filled non-realistic games.

All of which are fictional. Here you're talking about an actual war, one of the bloodiest in history where real mean lost their lives in the most horrific conditions you can think of and yet if it will be like any other DICE single player Battlefield campaign, then it will be glorifying in the violence.

Like I said in my previous post, you can have games in WW1, but a shooty mcbang bang FPS game? Can't see it working.

I'm not arguing that games don't glorify war, but do you have a similar issue about WWII games? Because that wasn't exactly a walk in the park either and tens of millions more people died than in WWI.

Im actually glad they are going back to this era. DICE is know for the big production value of BF. I can only imagine the ground, sea and air battles for this era are going to be incredible.

Evil Beaver

Hopefully they'll handle them by not including attachments.

No_Fun_Allowed_Robot.jpeg

But seriously I don't think they'd risk not having "modern-like" attachments and optics on these guns much less not having any attachments whatsoever. That would be to much like one of those hardcore military sims.

Hassun

Neo Member
I guess that's the advantage of the first one being called 1942.
But does it mean they can't do an earlier one!?

And what about that thing at the bottom? Pre-order pack? xx.x8.16 ?

I'm happy this game takes place during WWI since that means it probably won't diminish BF4's playerbase too much. I'm totally okay with having to play BF4 for another couple years.

DSN2K

My interest has peaked knowing its WW1 now. This is brave and good to see from DICE. They could have easily done something simple like BF5 in modern/near future setting what is hugely played out already.

Keasar

....I seriously hope this is fake...somehow.

1?

Really? 1?

Like Yahtzee said, some archeologist is gonna dig up our games in a distant future and announce that we were absolutely born stupid the way we were naming our titles.

Also, godfuckingdamnit they will announce the game and immediately go with a "PRE-ORDER NOW TO RECEIVE THE EXCLUSIVE ****-PACK!"

I havent played a competitive shooter in a while due to the overflow of future, future, future. But if DICE pulls this off color me fucking interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom