• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best game to show a first date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, so you have a date set up with plans to go back to your apartment and...you want to show her video games?

A9oXaz1.png

Seriously OP.

zeromcd73

Even though I've never been on a date before,
:(
showing her your game collection and introducing games to her on the first date doesn't sound to great.

If you bring her back to your apartment, have some games in a easily visible area and if she asks about them and seems curious, then play and if not just leave it :)

tcrunch

So you have a date. You already have a prompt to take her back to your place with the puppy. How about instead of scaring her off you just try to have sex with her?

Yasumi

Banned
Play some Layton puzzles together or something. Intimate stuff you can share that breeds conversation. No girl wants to be plopped in front of a TV to watch someone play a AAA action game.

Pachimari

Really, every girl has played Super Mario Bros and/or play quick games on their phones. She doesn't sound like being into games based on your description.

Don't show any games and just talk and play with the puppy.

3D World and Mario Kart 8 I think are great options. Even NSMBU. Then she'll leave because you're a NERD. Really though, just talk, have some drinks, sit back and watch something. If she seems inviting enough you can slowly move towards other things. Gaming shouldn't be your very first option I think.

Mikey Jr.

Please don't.

Please, please don't.

Just because they play match 3 on their phone and played Mario on the nes when they were 5 doesn't make them a gamer.

Just don't.

I think it's a great idea, don't listen to all these losers. Come back and tell us what happened afterward. A sexy tip is to point out that the game mentions clickers see using vibrations like a bat, but they still can't see you, which doesn't make sense. That'll make you seem smart and interesting.

kurahadol

Instantly cringed when I read this. Listen to the Hivemind in this thread OP, don't do this.

Edit: An update. Show her your Creed collection. MY SACRIFIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

Zaku

Rez.

:lol

Hey!

My import copy of Rez was awesome! Do you know how long that one game and it's attachment kept an unhealthy relationship going? Six god-damned months longer than it should have!

Rez is god-damned awesome!

hwy_61

Banned
ONLY bring up video games if she asks what that tablet thing is on your entertainment center. Then you can be like,

"Oh, that thing? That's a Wii U, baby. It's got Mario Kart an shit. You wanna try it out?"

Boom, you got her.

Joco

I would not show her a video game, at least on the first date anyway until you get a better sense of if she's actually interested in them. My girlfriend is obsessed with Candy Crush and plays it every day but she's so far away from what I would call a "gamer".

MechaX

She plays Candy Crush Saga and Words with Friends on her iPhone, and she said she liked Super Mario World back in the day, so it looks like she´s kind of a gamer.

Dude no.

Just have some drinks, chat, or put on a movie she would be interested in. Don't even mention video games to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom