• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best game to show a first date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever you do, don't let her see your Lords of the Fallen commemorative bust

Definitely make sure your Dead Island: Riptide statue is on display though.

Zombie-Bait.jpg

If she doesn't respond "video games" back in an enthusiastic manner, the woman could only be deader to me if I chopped her up and killed her myself.
Umm.. I'm pretty surr most girls would be very confused and would simply walk away. Basically a ton of people would be dead to you :p

protonion

Prepare two GOW3 saves. One before Helios and one before Aphrodite.

The Helios part will scare her to death. She'll be "AAAAAAHHH" and throw herself in your arms. Plus she'll think you must be a really tough guy to play such games.

Aphodite will get you to the mood for the next part of your date...

Seriously don't even mention video games.

If she's the outgoing sort then play rez with the trance vibrator peripheral

or if this thread is serious then DON'T OFFER TO PLAY VIDEOS UNLESS SHE BRINGS THIS UP HERSELF WITHOUT PRODDING FROM YOU

Originally I thought The Last of Us, but she doesn´t like zombies (she told me she gets scared by The Walking Dead), so that one is probably out, even though it´s probably the highest achievement we´ve seen in the art. So what else might work?
LOLOLOLOLOL.
I missed this part of the post. Not only do you want to show her video games, you also think TLOU is the Citizen Kane of vidya.
you poor poor misguided soul.
I'm starting to think this is a troll.

Shadybiz

I think you're mistaken.

Indeed.

Yeah, don't show her anything game-related on the first date. If it goes well, and she actually SAYS that she wants to see something, fine, but otherwise don't volunteer it.

I guess while we're on the subject, clean your bathroom if you haven't, and take down any crappy posters that you may have on your walls (I am speaking from experience here).

OP, I think you'd be better served putting all of your effort into discovering her hobbies and interests instead of forcing your own into the equation. Calling her a sort of gamer based on her playing Candy Crush currently and Mario 20 years ago is a reach and wishful thinking on your part. Although gaming is clearly a big part of who you are, that you want to share with those close to you, I think you're better off trying to get to know each other more for now instead of forcing games into the equation so soon.

Also, I think she really might want to see your puppy, despite what others here have implied. Assuming she really just wants to have sex with you based the fact that she's willing to come back to your apartment is far worse and far more dangerous than assuming she likes video games. Be respectful and show a genuine interest in her life and I hope she does the same to you.

Zaku

At least you're honest haha.

Gaming is my passion, my raison d'être. I'm not going to bullshit someone on a first date or otherwise lead them to think that I'd do anything but continue to play video games for the rest of my life.

Trying to hide your hobbies just makes the dating process slower.

Legit advice:

Ok dude, look. She probably doesn't care about your video game collection. Her mild interest in the most basic of gaming is something you can expand on later. That really doesn't mean shit right now, it was just polite conversation. And she's only kinda interested in your puppy. That's an excuse to go back to your place and give you the opportunity to have sex, unless you do something to fuck it up ... like trying to get her to play video games.

What you should actually do:
Have some drinks and possibly a dessert waiting back at your place. A bottle of wine and a slice of cake (to share) would be my suggestion.

Have a plan for extending the night in terms of entertainment - the best two options are going to be some soft music or a movie with a sex scene. Have a few options available and then let her pick. (You can have games in view, and even offer as an additional option, but be quick to retreat if she isn't immediately interested and default back to music/movies - which you should offer first anyway.)

I guarantee the above will end in a better night than trying to 'get her into gaming' on the very first date. Sorry dude, but that needs to be eased into. You can't just spring that on someone who isn't already interested in it. Like anal.

I don't understand the part where a girl who says she plays a game on her phone that the entire world plays and is basically Bejeweled becomes interested in watching you play a videogame just to see complex graphics and gameplay.

Don't do this, please.

Dascu

Legit advice:

Ok dude, look. She probably doesn't care about your video game collection. Her mild interest in the most basic of gaming is something you can expand on later. That really doesn't mean shit right now, it was just polite conversation. And she's only kinda interested in your puppy. That's an excuse to go back to your place and give you the opportunity to have sex, unless you do something to fuck it up ... like trying to get her to play video games.

What you should actually do:
Have some drinks and possibly a desert waiting back at your place. A bottle of wine and a slice of cake (to share) would be my suggestion.

Have a plan for extending the night in terms of entertainment - the best two options are going to be some soft music or a movie with a sex scene. Have a few options available and then let her pick. (You can have games in view, and even offer as an additional option, but be quick to retreat if she isn't immediately interested and default back to music/movies - which you should offer first anyway.)

I guarantee the above will end in a better night than trying to 'get her into gaming' on the very first date. Sorry dude, but that needs to be eased into. You can't just spring that on someone who isn't already interested in it. Like anal.
I spit out my drink.

You people have no idea whats good for the OP.

You should show her the Youtube video " I am a Gamer " made by the brilliant guy(s) behind TheGamersCave (classy name).

That should get the ball rolling and you´ll have plenty to talk about later.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
Gaming is my passion, my raison d'être. I'm not going to bullshit someone on a first date or otherwise lead them to think that I'd do anything but continue to play video games for the rest of my life.

I waited until I got the Mrs up the duff then broke out all games and anime so she had no choice but to lump it. I highly recommend this approach.

While I agree - I wouldn't sit her down and put a game on the first time she comes back to my apartment. If she suggests it - then sure. I don't think hiding your hobbies is a good thing, but I wouldn't want to force them on a partner. Especially in a way that "shows her how far gaming has come."

Einhander

OP, make sure you have a deep conversation with her about your favorite Final Fantasy games from least to greatest, and get in-depth on their battle systems and progression systems. She'll be taking off her clothes before you can finish your last sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom