• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best game to show a first date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmen

I know plenty of girls that liked Pokemon, Mario(kart) and all kinds of popular kid games back in the day, but that does not make them a gamer or anything. Cellphone games neither.

If she is vocally interested in your game collection or something it would be different, but I think you are better of just socializing.

Usobuko

Banned
I would love the OP came back with a story on how amazing the night was when the date play some Super Mario 3D World with him.

All night long!

She plays Candy Crush Saga and Words with Friends on her iPhone, and she said she liked Super Mario World back in the day, so it looks like she´s kind of a gamer.

By modern definitions she sure is. I'm sure she'll be down for seeing some old school Final Fantasy games, maybe a few rounds of Quake III Arena while you're at it. See if she wants to bring her laptop and you guys can have a few LAN multiplayer matches in her RTS of choice.

Wrap it all up with an Atelier title or run her through your World of Warcraft toons and their Best in Slot gear.

Nibiru

Banned
NEVER take a date home to play video games LOL!!! Actually I can't belive this even has to be said. If you get her to your place and start playing video games prepare to be friendzoned.

IF you have been seeing her awhile and she doesn't game at all then Tetris or a similar game is the gateway game imo.

Sentenza

This reminds me of those threads:

"How to force my gf to like games?"
No, this is worse. A girlfriend is a person who already shares part of your time on a consistent base and it's somewhat reasonable to want her more involved/interested in what you like.
But taking a first date as a "perfect circumstance to show off how fare gaming has come"?
It's the worst possible idea.

I mean, I'm not even sure I could come out with a worse idea even if were deliberately trying to blow the date, beside hiding a corpse in the fridge.
It's a massive red flag to not date you EVER again.

jc9EuPI1ZCYAL.jpg

KAOz

Short bus special
Do it OP.

Pick TLoU and then if she reacts like she doesn't want to play games, just wry the controller out of her hand and play by yourself.

Trust me, it will be good practice.

Edit: I assume you're going to let her play. That would be wise if you're going to go through with it at all. But you could just let her play with the puppy.

Or he could let her play with him instead ifyouknowwhatimeanwinkwink.

Seriously OP, gaming has become mainstream, but it hasn't become that mainstream.

hwy_61

Banned
Oh, and take down the Zelda posters before she comes over. And hide all the CE shit you've amassed over the years.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
OP I honestly wouldn't. It sounds like you're trying to force it. She's coming over to your apartment to see your dog, if things go well on the date that's not when you show her a video game, thats when you make out with her

Marcel

If you're trying to sabotage your own date for our amusement, show her some games and let us know how it goes. I can't turn down free entertainment.

Instead of showing her games, bookmark some of Neogaf's greatest moments and read them out loud to her while she holds your puppy. You can turn on a video game and let it go to attract mode.

Here's the thing OP. If she gave a shit about games she would already know about games. It's not some secret club. Anyone who wants to get into gaming can do so in about 5 minutes of research. She could search "video game" on YouTube and see something more interesting than whatever it is that you were going to show her. You aren't going to blow her mind by showing her Watch Dogs or something.

Think of something else to do that doesn't suck so hard for when she comes over. It doesn't have to be sex. Have a drink and talk and look at the stars or listen to some music or something. Or just play with that puppy. Can't miss with a puppy.

What the fuck? You go on a first date, get her back to your apartment, and you say, "I'm going to educate her about video game." Save that for when you're in a relationship, it will MURDER a first date.

Here's the thing OP. If she gave a shit about games she would already know about games. It's not some secret club. Anyone who wants to get into gaming can do so in about 5 minutes of research. She could search "video game" on YouTube and see something more interesting than whatever it is that you were going to show her. You aren't going to blow her mind by showing her Watch Dogs or something.

Think of something else to do that doesn't suck so hard.p when she comes over. It doesn't have to be sex. Have a drink and talk and look at the stars or listen to some music or something.
Show her Hatoful Boyfriend...tell her you think she's special because you're normally just into birds.
Pick up line of the year.

-MD-

Nothing in the OP leads me to believe this girl wants to see you play The Last of Us or any other modern game.

Wait, so you have a date set up with plans to go back to your apartment and...you want to show her video games?

john-cena-omg-o.gif

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

any game will do, she's not really thinking about the game anyway, and you shouldn't either, but if you really wanna impress her show the last of us. then play some 2d mario and challenge her, to see who beats the level first and the winner get what ever they want, this actually worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom