• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big shipment of PS4 at Target today?

Finalizer

For the first time, I've seen a PS4 box in the flesh, at a local Target.

82raAG6.jpg

Looks like they got their shipment. Another local Target had jack shit for PS4s. Both had plenty of Xbones, including a lonely Day One Edition.

knF8R9U.jpg

xUD7TqQ.jpg

A local Best Buy had just one Xbone sitting around. Didn't see any up in the higher areas like in that one pic from the other thread, so iunno if they were just hiding or if it's really the only one they had.

Also, here are some ducks.

GqJwjqF.jpg

Zacillac

Neo Member
I was able to walk in to my local Target in Redmond and pick up a PS4 pretty easily yesterday, and I even took a night to think it over since I saw they had a full display Saturday evening.

It's the first time I had seen either console in stock in the wild in the greater Seattle area.

qko

I get the feeling that a lot of stores have reached to point of saturation with the Xbone, I feel that the PS4 has not gotten there yet, but slowly getting there. I want to see those Feb and March numbers and see how people's 9M-10M numbers by the end of 2014 will end up looking.

Jomjom

Banned
I'd say awful, because it means some retailers are still selling stock received on launch day.

Well it could be that the new shipments keep selling and every person coming in since launch to pick up an xbox purposely avoided buying the day one edition maybe because they like the green box more than the black. I don't know but it could be a possibility.

breakfuss

Yep! Two of the targets in my area got a load of PS4s all of sudden. It was like finally spotting the abominable snowman.

myca77

look like places other UK and USA have also started getting sizable stocks of PS4..
so supply in UK & USA getting more than the demand?

I can't say anything about the USA, but in the UK the high street and online seem a bit sparse, apart from Argos who seem to have stock at the moment. I might go pick one up tomorrow, but should really wait till I'd planned on getting one.

Looks like GameStop is getting plenty of returns, but are smart in bundling Vita's and second controllers with the PS4's. Maybe they aren't allowed to sell them for $350.00?
Yeah, I was wondering where those were coming from. Perhaps if they're "accidentally" opened in the back room, that then allows them to force a more profitable bundle?
Aren't there normally rules against forced bundles?

mrpookles

Apparently JB HiFi in Australia has received a huge shipment this week. Though, I called the store I've put my order in and they haven't received anything.

Apparently JB HiFi in Australia has received a huge shipment this week. Though, I called the store I've put my order in and they haven't received anything.

That makes sense as a couple of retailers here in NZ have advertised dates of the 15/16th for the next shipment, and the shipment usually goes to Aussie and then units get re-distributed to here(for certain retailers).

Or the Day One edition was returned by a scalper who couldn't make a profit off it.

There are various possibilities, but I can't think of one that paints a rosy picture for the Xbone.
I've seen quite a few day one editions and this is my thoughts on it as well. I'm buying one Wednesday off craigslist for $450 still factory sealed. Thanks scalpers.

viveks86

For the first time, I've seen a PS4 box in the flesh, at a local Target.

82raAG6.jpg

Looks like they got their shipment. Another local Target had jack shit for PS4s. Both had plenty of Xbones, including a lonely Day One Edition.

knF8R9U.jpg

xUD7TqQ.jpg

A local Best Buy had just one Xbone sitting around. Didn't see any up in the higher areas like in that one pic from the other thread, so iunno if they were just hiding or if it's really the only one they had.

Also, here are some ducks.

GqJwjqF.jpg

It has been 2.5 hours since you posted this. Are the PS4s or ducks still there?

lherre

Accurate
The xbone stack I think it's the same, I'll try to make a new picture tomorrow. But honestly I am surprised too that all the ps4 were sold in only one day.

Top Bottom