• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 1 now Backwards Compatible on Xbox One

Tomash

I played a lot of BO1 back in the day, but never got an error like this that ended the match - Server disconnected: Client asked to disconnect from own listen server. Wat?

40k players online right now!

rRcabyr.jpg

etta

my hard graphic balls
summit and firing range will forever be two of the best maps in the series

I wonder what happened because CoD4, MW2 and Black Ops 1 have INCREDIBLE map design for the most part, but all the other modern CoDs have maps designed by blind toddlers drawing with crayons.

Because they try to design the new maps around the new movement systems, for above and below combat with jetpacks and wallrunning. And they try to shove 3 lanes into everything and plop down objects randomly everywhere just to block your path and make you go around it or over it or stop you from shooting someone more than 10 meters out.

Currently online players

PC: 4,938 (24h peak: 5,402)

XBOXONE: 13,197 (24h peak: 17,284)

PS4: 22,543 (24h peak: 23,930)

Total: 40,678

Its said time and time again, that this site doesnt represent real numbers...

I wonder how long its going to take for some hacked lobbys to show up. xD Not that my Xbone will explode lol

A bit longer but better than AW or even Black Ops 3.

Longest of any CoD IIRC.

Middle TTK. It never felt cheap. Well, sometimes it did, but in general, it was gud.

So medium TTK... maybe that's why i liked it so much. Everything in BO felt like it connected and people went down when you thought they should... you didnt have a lot of "WTF i had him" moments like you do with the newer ones. Love the "impact" the weapons have in BO and BOII as well.

gossi

Its said time and time again, that this site doesnt represent real numbers...

I wonder how long its going to take for some hacked lobbys to show up. xD Not that my Xbone will explode lol

They're pulled directly from DICE's Battlelog. The API is open.

As I mentioned earlier, Black Ops 2 still has 12m monthly active users on last gen. It's a huge audience. Even without BC, BO1 still pulled in 15-20k concurrent users on 360 every day.

TopoGio

Neo Member
Love this game, hopefully the player count goes up on the regular and Treyarch deals with the now occasional hackers.

Would love to see Black Ops 2 added to the list now.

Oh God....Summit. I'm going to spend $10 on this tonight, I just know it.

This was the last CoD I spent substantial time on. I love all the maps but Summit is an all-time favorite of mine. And of course Firing Range.

TopoGio

Neo Member
Does the disc need to be kept in when downloading? I understand that it downloads it technically from an Xbox Live server, so part if me thinks maybe I do not need to keep it in the tray.

gossi

Does the disc need to be kept in when downloading? I understand that it downloads it technically from an Xbox Live server, so part if me thinks maybe I do not need to keep it in the tray.

you can take disc out.

Just played Nuketown. Glorious.

Nokterian

55K now. Curious to see what the peak is as we head into the night and people come home, and tomorrow will be probably even higher as more people find out about it.

Including me..just ordered a xbox one with black ops 1..it is nicely bundled with the division (i own that one on pc already but i don't mind) got a free second controller with it also got halo 5 with it and a battery charger for both controllers.

Top Bottom