• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne Experience - Interactive Trailer

This was mentioned late in the other thread, but you can assign gestures to messages now

2_1n6yyu.jpg

For the love of god, let me attach Well! What is it! to my messages

sneaky77

so excuse if this was answered in the other threads but it was hard to keep up with all stuff going on, is there a way to set yourself to offline to avoid invasions that is not taking out the ethernet cable?

I've watched every single video pertaining to Bloodborne and I have no regrets. I can't wait to play this. I should have upgraded internet so I can finally PvP after missing it on DS2.

Hollow

I had to dig out my old UK account I made years ago so I could get the theme early.

Would be so much better if it had music.

Whoa...

legit, dexterity based action game now, but still grounded in realistic movements and animations unlike a stylish action title like DMC.

I generally like the Dragon/mystical themes of Dark Souls more and find the Gothic tones and gore a bit much, but can't say I'm not intrigued. Looksl like a legit candidate for GOTY. If they nail the boss fights, keep the gameplay varied, and pace the single player with some wow moments, this might be the current gen game to beat. Looks to satisfy from a skill-based perspective while capturing the epic nature of more story-driven adventure titles. Can't wait for the feedback from day one ppl.

Neiteio

Looking at all of these gifs, do any of the characters cast a shadow?

It doesn't matter, especially if their absence boosts performance, but I'm just wondering.

Game looks incredible either way. Top-notch art direction.

tmac456

So conflicted on whether to get this on day one or not...

Out of all the Souls games I only played Demon's Souls, and that was for a few hours to see what all the fuss is about. I didn't really enjoy my time with it as I got frustrated from dying so much but, admittedly I wasn't being patient like I should have so I'm unsure if my dislike was just due to my playstyle or the actual content...

I'll admit that I've never played a Souls game but my hype is high for this. The art direction and atmosphere are a major draw and honestly the gameplay looks fun

Add to the fact I've been dying for a big time ps4 exclusive

The one thing I noticed watching the video @ 1080p full screen on my TV

The aliasing and shimmering was nigh non-existent. Was pretty striking difference then the last IGN video's we saw earlier. Fence posts and straight lines weren't showing any signs of shimmering from what i could see. Looked fantastic really.

iLR2FT4J4haxg.gif

It doesn't matter, especially if their absence boosts performance, but I'm just wondering.

i1BVpK9OqHEIQ.gif

You can see some Selfshadowing going on here, and I've sworn I've seen shadows in the game before in other videos.

lol, yeah the characters do cast shadows, but of course if they are under shadows themselves or not very well lit areas the shadows wont be visible really. Also it seems most light sources (torches for example) don't cast dynamic shadows at all, so that doesn't really help the matter.

This was awesome, can't wait for that theme to become redeemable! wonder how the strategy guide's exclusive theme will look like...

Just watched the video... worth it. I've been on blackout up to this point, and holy shit. Looks like this could be GOTY, and that's factoring in the release of UC4, MH4U, and Halo. Wow.

ironcreed

Banned
The one thing I noticed watching the video @ 1080p full screen on my TV

The aliasing and shimmering was nigh non-existent. Was pretty striking difference then the last IGN video's we saw earlier. Fence posts and straight lines weren't showing any signs of shimmering from what i could see. Looked fantastic really.

iLR2FT4J4haxg.gif

Dem trees. Love it.

ironcreed

Banned
I have been revisiting Demon's Souls and Dark Souls II the past couple of nights, and man, this all of the sudden looks even better than I already thought it did. It kind of puts the next-gen leap into a clearer perspective and you can more easily notice the differences with those games fresh on your mind.

Tahnit

Banned
OH MY GOD!. I didnt realize that the sword was put INTO the hammer to make it a 2h weapon. That is freaking brilliant. This game is just going to be perfect!

Those Kirkhammer animations always amaze me, I can't wait to do some of the stuff I've seen in the trailers like pulling the sword out mid swing and smacking down thehammer while stabbing with the sword, combining from sword to overhead smash.

Fuck. I just love the Kirkhammer, such a unique weapon that IMO is only outclassed by the Belmont WhipCane thing. I don't know why but in an alternate reality, I could totally see this as some kind of gritty Castlevania reboot.

Man the speed and fluidity of those animations.

Lol, it's like Devil May Cry without some of the fancier attacks. CHARACTER ACTION SOULS!

Top Bottom