• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: Impressions After 40 Hours (EDGE)

Grimløck;155626453 said:
giphy.gif

this gif sums up my feelings of the reactions perfectly

I want this game inside me, now

Small snippet from Edge:
And if you've been watching this generation from the sidelines, unmoved by the remasters and rush jobs while you wait for the first true essential to arrive, now's the time. As if there was ever any doubt, Miyazaki and his team have done it all over again.

The time has come and so will I. I'll just have to wait 2 more fucking weeks.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i'm there right now

i see the pre-order covers of bloodborne

and all my body is feeling is that i want to give oral to the plastic case

is this normal?

It is for me, but I'd like to see it become more viable so we don't run into hundreds of guys wearing the Havel's equivalent.

They'll probably still have stats. But one thing Miyazaki has said is that he wanted to get away from the image of metal armor in Bloodborne because it gives the player the impression that they're safe. So it seems like a theme for armor in the game is to never make the player feel like they're protected.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They'll probably still have stats. But one thing Miyazaki has said is that he wanted to get away from the image of metal armor in Bloodborne because it gives the player the impression that they're safe. So it seems like a theme for armor in the game is to never make the player feel like they're protected.
LET THEM FEEL SAFE AS LONG AS ITS IN THEIR BRAINS

So, given that the initial playthrough often lasts 2-3 times longer than later speedruns, in your case 6 hours, there appears to be quite a bit of length added due to the repetition.

It's less repetition and more that you know where everything is and so there's less exploring, being cautious due to not knowing enemy placement etc.

Well, shit, isn't this always sort of the case in Souls games?

Not really. Most people hate armour that makes them fat roll so what they wear is going to depend on their endurance stat for starters.
Then there's Four Kings which is basically "To win, wear Havels and equip your strongest weapon and don't bother dodging attacks."

Have there been any unboxings or actual shots of the NA Collector's Edition?

I'm wondering how well the outer packaging lines up with other PS4 games. Yeah I'm weird like that.

Mutombo

i'm there right now

i see the pre-order covers of bloodborne

and all my body is feeling is that i want to give oral to the plastic case

is this normal?

just open the case and quietly finger the insides without them seeing. You will get away with that.

Oral, not so much.

Yoshichan

i'm so disappointed by SOULS-GAF nowadays! Back in the days when Bloodborne info was released (ANY kind of info), I would get it through PMs. Today, shit's slowed down and 99% of the time I have to go through all pages for new info :(((((

WHRYHYYYYYEYYYU

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I dunno what's happening, but although I've never really gotten into the Souls series I'm so hyped for this. And I think it's mostly NeoGAF's doing ...

Fhtagn

Then there's Four Kings which is basically "To win, wear Havels and equip your strongest weapon and don't bother dodging attacks."

This is so not how to defeat them. Lingering dragoncrest ring, power within, flame enhanced weapon, crest shield and roll roll roll victory.

This is so not how to defeat them. Lingering dragoncrest ring, power within, flame enhanced weapon, crest shield and roll roll roll victory.

That's so many more steps and requires a specific build. My way works for literally any build that can hold a weapon. Rolling is such a waste of DPS time.

Yep. If you only find 12 weapons but all of them are relevant and not just straight upgrades one after the other I'm super interested. Give me different weapon types, not the same thing with slightly better stats. Also not farming sounds GREAT

This this this. I would rather 12 very different weapons than 50 slightly different ones. So far I'm only more excited. Wondering what the new mechanic is, I haven't seen anything about a transformation, but I have also been keeping my self relatively in the dark for this one.

I don't get this. Why guns? No risk-taking, just staying a bit away from the enemy and pressing a button.
I doubt such a build would be viable - at least not against most of the game's bosses. Guns are for stunning and knockback. The real damage is done in melee.

Gbraga

did kojima and miyamoto retire?

seriously tho, preload when? I was gonna get a physical copy but nobody doing a midnight launch and I know I won't ever sell this.

I'm not a fan of Nintendo's games, but I can give you Miyamoto, the dude is legendary. Kojima thogh? Eeeeh, Miya-chan beats him 10-0, hold dat L, Kojima

Fhtagn

That's so many more steps and requires a specific build. My way works for literally any build that can hold a weapon. Rolling is such a waste of DPS time.

Maybe it depended on the patch version but I never had much luck just tanking them and that was the fight that really taught me how to play dark souls "correctly." I've beaten them with a variety of builds but always by rolling with careful timing. The real key that applies to all builds is keep attacking after they die until the shared life bar stops registering hits.

Yoshichan

THESSE NEW PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom