• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: Impressions After 40 Hours (EDGE)

Loomba

Never played a Souls game but got this for £35 so I'm in.

Looking forward to it but my expectations are low as can be, hoping I like it at least.

Knuf

bb029xozn.jpg

relief.gif

¿Does anyone has?

New Game Plus, the mode we’ve come to expect from certain games – including Souls games – will be included with Bloodborne. New game Plus lets players start the game all over, keeping all their weapons and allocated points. They will however be faced with a much greater challenge as enemies will be much tougher.

“Yes, there will be a New Game Plus mode,” game director Hidetaka Miyazaki told MCV in an interview. “We’re having trouble beating it, though.”

Miyazaki did not reveal whether the mode will start as soon the initial play-through is finished, or be activated manually by the player. Though it’s probably safe to assume the latter, given the extra content like Chalice Dungeon and how it can be played even after the main game is finished.

I hope NG+ has some new things. I really liked that on Dark Souls 2, but it could've been more. Enemies having more health/defense and making more damage is meh.

takriel

¿Does anyone has?

New Game Plus, the mode we’ve come to expect from certain games – including Souls games – will be included with Bloodborne. New game Plus lets players start the game all over, keeping all their weapons and allocated points. They will however be faced with a much greater challenge as enemies will be much tougher.

“Yes, there will be a New Game Plus mode,” game director Hidetaka Miyazaki told MCV in an interview. “We’re having trouble beating it, though.”

Miyazaki did not reveal whether the mode will start as soon the initial play-through is finished, or be activated manually by the player. Though it’s probably safe to assume the latter, given the extra content like Chalice Dungeon and how it can be played even after the main game is finished.

Yeah that was a nice touch. I hope they change things up a little in NG+, similar to Dks 2's approach.

¿Does anyone has?

Well, I have absolutely no chance of ever completing it then.

Mutombo

Yeah that was a nice touch. I hope they change things up a little in NG+, similar to Dks 2's approach.

I got a bit fatigued at the end of DS2, and upon starting the NG+ mode and getting harassed by all kinds of new stuff I stopped bothering, frankly.

So far I've never really started NG+, but so far I've never played online either. When the community goes to NG+ it might be more fun to follow and join the hunt. But 50+ hours in a game makes me happy enough.

Atkison04

Has there been any mention of NG+ having new weapon drops or anything of the like? I imagine that would probably be a secret though.

Ole-G

Banned
Has there been any mention of NG+ having new weapon drops or anything of the like? I imagine that would probably be a secret though.

“Yes,” Miyazaki confirms. “There will be a New Game Plus mode.” He laughs. “We’re having trouble beating it, though."

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I am picking up a new 55' TV today. It's not entirely for Bloodborne, but on the other hand the timing isn't a total coincidence.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
If those scans are actual in game screenshots (of gameplay and hopefully not cut-scenes) then my god the game looks glorious and they've solved the aliasing issues that were pretty terrible in the Alpha.

God I hope I'm good enough to play this game. I love the world and atmosphere, I want to get stuck in, but I've only played the beginning of Demon's Souls and it's tough (but addictive). The only reason I didn't continue was because I knew this game was coming soon and the PS3 graphics are a bit of an eyesore these days haha!

You really can't judge image quality from screenshots printed in a magazine. They are usually not direct screen grabs from the frame buffer. (Did I use those words right?)

Melchiah

Did you try going the other way? Red Eye Knights should not be fucked with until later in the game.

I tried once, but I guess I was just too stubborn and went the other way, thinking it was what I was supposed to do. The bastard gave me a good chase when I tried to leg it back to where I gave from. I found a video on YouTube, which showed how to beat him more easily by using Royalty's ranged attack from behind one of the armaments, but I never tried it myself.

About 70 hours. I took my sweet time and explored everything with a fine toothed comb. I was already proficient at Demon's Souls going into it though, so it might have taken me even longer had I not been accustomed to the mechanics

So, given that the initial playthrough often lasts 2-3 times longer than later speedruns, in your case 6 hours, there appears to be quite a bit of length added due to the repetition.

They're holding some type of Bloodborne event in Japan right now

b_39ykpuiaawjzmomu81.jpg

Nice. Just what people wanted, weapons.

GZSW38O.jpg

The God of Atmosphere.

Here's a 1080p version with other atmospheric images I've found.

Atkison04

“Yes,” Miyazaki confirms. “There will be a New Game Plus mode.” He laughs. “We’re having trouble beating it, though."

I saw that, I just didn't recall any mention of new weapons or armor that might only drop in NG+ mode. All the talk of only 6 weapons and 6 guns and was just curious if there may be more in NG+.

Primeau31

I saw that, I just didn't recall any mention of new weapons or armor that might only drop in NG+ mode. All the talk of only 6 weapons and 6 guns and was just curious if there may be more in NG+.

6 guns and weapons that they were able to find themselves up to that point. there's probably a good amount undiscovered at the point they were at.

Primeau31

Was there any talk about the amount of armor/armor-types which you can find?

not sure how much I can give away without having ppl go out and read the article for themselves:

appears to be more along the side of light armors, all have very different properties.

we've already seen 8 weapons shown so far in preview materials, so I'm sure even though there's less overall total than say Dark Souls I, its going to be quality over quantity.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Was there any talk about the amount of armor/armor-types which you can find?

They didn't give a specific number, but it sounds like there are fewer of those as well. They said you can find them
in chests, and the merchant sells a new set whenever you beat a boss.
So that definitely sounds like fewer sets, but probably not so few that it'll feel like that aspect of the game is totally missing.

You know I'd be pleased as a peach if armor wasn't even a thing in Bloodborne and the only thing leading us to choose one outfit or another is aesthetics.

Now that you mention it, I agree with this. I have to assume different equipment will emphasize different stats, though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
too much.. got a call from game, asking if i wanted to keep my pre-order of all three editions

and i was like

'bro'

Top Bottom