• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne launch trailer

Arrrrrgh!

That's horrible! By what you're suggesting though, I presume these are pay to win weapons, a la TLOUR?

Hmmmm, what's all this expansion about? Initially it sounds like bullshit. I've paid £50 full price for a game...

You're getting the full game. The DLC that was released for the Souls game comes out months after the base game because the developers are working on them. It's not content cut away from the main game.

Zaventem

Dark Souls originally had one priced at $20 and Dark Souls 2 for $30 with much more content but you can pick up the complete version of dark souls 1 and soon to be 2 soon for cheap. I know how people feel about dlc since i tend to avoid it at all cost but trust me it's worth it. Rarely do devs give so much playtime for what they're asking, look up the reviews or gameplay videos etc. I don't know if bloodborne will have ( i'm guessing yes in this digital age) but if they do you know they'll do it right.

Feindflug

I still can't believe how smooth the combat looks in this game, also the art direction and atmosphere are simply stunning. I was planning to get a PS4 at this year's holiday season because right now it's not the best time for me to spend 450e but I don't know if I can resist this. :/

Hypron

Dan's great, lookng forward to his review.

Speaking of which, I wonder if From/Sony has a reviewer hotline to help them if they're stuck. Specifically in DS2, if you're not paying attention to what NPCs told you it can be tricky to figure out on your own where you need to go to progress.

Yeah. I'm sure some people got stuck because you have to exhaust Licia's dialogue in order to access huntsman's corpse.

That is pretty damn explosive! Hmmm.. here's a bigger version

BB4.gif

omg takes a fucking canyon on the left arm, instead of the gun. That bestiality

AEczuAC.gif

anderedna

omg takes a fucking canyon on the left arm, instead of the gun. That bestiality

AEczuAC.gif

Lol I read as crayon and I was like what a crayon doing in a game like this.

Anyway game looks nice. Not sure I'll buy this or not. I'm not a fan of souls games. Tried DeS and that game gave me headache. Yes motion sickness sucks.

Arrrrrgh!

That's horrible! By what you're suggesting though, I presume these are pay to win weapons, a la TLOUR?

Hmmmm, what's all this expansion about? Initially it sounds like bullshit. I've paid £50 full price for a game...

This is like the third time I've seen you mention pay to win/microtransactions in relation to this game. I have no idea why you are worried about that. These are the last games on the planet for which that would ever be a concern.

Arrrrrgh!

It's not a "Weapon Expansion". They've all been new areas with new bosses and new weapons. No they don't have "Pay2Win" weapons in. They just have more weapon variety. For example, the Artorias of the Abyss expansion had four new bosses (all of which were of incredibly high quality), some new spells that functioned differently to regular spells (dealt physical damage as well as magic damage) and some interesting new weapons / spell catalysts, none of which were particularly "Broken". The new magic was good for a while until people got used to how to dodge Pursuers (had a weird timing to it as it was a slow moving, semi homing set of projectiles). That's literally all you might have to be expecting in the future.

Lyonaz

Man I hope my local gameshop gets the game early, they had DmC DE and FF Type-0 HD a week early too.

My hype is at an all time high.

Ricker

Official video today...? I will wait for that.

This will be hard,you can tell when the guy playing actually evades by backing up just before the ennemy even starts his attack animation,making it look easy lol...

Official video today...? I will wait for that.

This will be hard,you can tell when the guy playing actually evades by backing up just before the ennemy even starts his attack animation,making it look easy lol...

The official direct feed is already up in the OP

Don't suppose anyone wants to buy me a PS4? No, well it was worth a try.

The wait for this game is agony, it really does look like a Souls fans wet dream.

Rektash

So, am I beeing blind or why can't I find the Bloodborne + PS4 bundle preorder on amazon.co.uk/de/fr/etc? Wasn't this supposed to release on the 25th as well?

Auctopus

Arrrrrgh!

Did you just completely ignore what he said?

Also, do some research. Both DS1 and 2 have had incredibly worthy expansion to the base game for very good prices.

I have never played the Souls games but I'm gonna try this out. Does this game have builds? Like can you try and make one part of your build to suit your play style? Like is their ranged builds? Tank builds? Etc etc?

Beaulieu

man im kind worried about the combat..
loved souls games and the slow pace of the combat, but I dont like games like Bayonetta or DMC ..
Hope Ill be able to keep up

ChrisD84

So, am I beeing blind or why can't I find the Bloodborne + PS4 bundle preorder on amazon.co.uk/de/fr/etc? Wasn't this supposed to release on the 25th as well?

I have been waiting for it to show up on amazon uk too, I thought it would have been up by now!

Edit: Great trailer also, can't wait!! :D

ced

loved souls games and the slow pace of the combat, but I dont like games like Bayonetta or DMC ..

I loved slunking behind a shield, but I've been doing it for 3 games and it's time for something new.

bombshell

I have never played the Souls games but I'm gonna try this out. Does this game have builds? Like can you try and make one part of your build to suit your play style? Like is their ranged builds? Tank builds? Etc etc?

Yeah, you choose what stats of your character to upgrade and the equipment to suit your playstyle just like traditional RPGs.

Keep up with what? The stamina bar kinda keeps you from comboing from ground to air to all over the place like those games.

You have complete freedom over your character. There are no classes, how your character plays is entirely up to how you build it.

ParityBit

Stupid question I am sure ...

Does it support 3D? I played DS on my PC using 3D and it was amazing, so I was wondering if it would be decent on the PS4 if turned on?

Top Bottom