• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne launch trailer

Brohan

10 more days before my collectors edition arrives..

The wait is killing me! Especially since there are already some playing right now.

jaaz

I bought the CE and the Strategy Guide just for the art. I am a sucker for artwork and this game looks to be insane in that department.

Reviews don't indicate anything for a game like this aside from the more obvious concerns (like FPS, length etc).

The real judgment of the game will come after reviews once the community has gotten hold of the game, much like Dark Souls.

With that said, I look forward to the reviews. Hopefully it does great and those reviews propel others to buy the game and try it where they would not have otherwise.

sublimit

Banned
So when will the OT be up?Are we still doing OTs on launch date or GAF's rules have been changed back to a week before launch?I haven't been following OT rules lately.

Aikidoka

The commercial is pretty badass.

"We are born by the blood, made men by the blood, and undone by the blood".

Sounds similar to what other people have been quoting from something else.

Finalow

look,

is review score 9 or higher? Reviewer and site he writes for might be legit

is review score lower than 9? Lol what a pile of crap

^that's how you read BB reviews boys

2AdEPT

It really isn't, experienced players can finish Demon's Souls in like 20 hours.
I am surprised people can nail down expected timeframes when we know these games can be speed-run in an hour and half. I like to take my time and am always surprised when two days after launch people start posting their "end-game" analysis. Geez take your time and enjoy the dam game ...after so much anticipaiton you deserve it! ...and get some sleep Yoshi ;)

Thanks guys. Could someone tell me what this is that I found (too small for the PS3/4-controller).

Edit: none of these fit in my PS4-controller:
others have said what the technical name for the DS4 cable is, but I was happy to discover that I had three extras in the house owing to my blackberry cel phone/tablet and logitech mouse using the same cable.

is there a way to not be invaded by people online? I've never played a souls game and I don't want it ruined by assholes online.
Dont bother avoiding what isnt likely to happen. FROM always works the multiplayer into the gmae in a way that makes sense and there are failsafes adn balancing mechanisms for new players. I would give the mltiplaer a chance with an open mind beofre goign offline....you will likely grow to prefer online activity, even in your first playthrough.
Guys I never played any game of the Soul series. Is the difficulty comparable to Ninja Gaiden? Harder?
I always wanted to get to the souls games, but BB will be my first true taste of that experience. I'm a little worried it will be out of my depth. Any tips?
Much easier. It's fair, deeep, rich, even puzzle orineted combat, but it desnt require a PhD. Learning patterns and developing a SIMPLE strategy is required, but its not THAT hard. It is incredibly rewarding gameplay.

Future Press staff work with From to make their guides.

Expect the things you asked for and more. Seriously, the "guides" are great.
The guides are great, Miyazaki did an extra interview with ENB, a contributor to the book, and you get an exclusive theme as well...SOLD.
I forgot about that stone. Did we ever get a explaination? Was it supposed to be a broken stone forever?
look up the lost archstone on google and look for a link with a twitch account..forget his name but he broke in a exlpored the assets. BAsically they used most of the ideas and assets in DLC's for ds1 and 2.
So as someone who didn't enjoy Demon Souls back when it first released (thought it wasn't responsive/janky) is this game going to be any different? Is there a chance I could enjoy this? My PS4 is collecting dust and I need an exclusive to validate it still being plugged in.

THe learning curve and saturation time before the game clicks is usually the first three levels...no one shoud rage quit or give up on souls/BB until giving themselves a proper immersion/learning time of three levels. Its a totally differtn experience to other gmaes so you gotta get yor head around it first, but from that time on you will never want to play much else. The controls are NOT janky, FROM simply likes punishing those that think they can tak up on armour and wield the biggest sword in the game without any stats for it. Stay light and you will find souls and now especially BB to be extremely fast and responsive; just be ready to temper your trianing form other gmaes which allow you to break reality to one where weightedness and reality are at least partial considerations.

beast276

Neo Member
Is there any customization in this game at all? I haven't been following it too closely and all I've seen is the same outfit and same few weapons weapons for months now

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Digital for me cuz. 11:00pmCST start time

clintnod.gif

Cidd

If Bloodborne gets great reviews I think it's time Sony reevaluate their first party studios, maybe they should acquire a few Japanese Studios instead of western ones...

I think this is a game you will be returning to more than once during this console cycle; having the game always ready at the click of an icon is the best thing about going all digital this gen for me^^

Yup. I only get digital when its a game I know I will never sell.

If Bloodborne gets great reviews I think it's time Sony reevaluate their first party studios, maybe they should acquire a few Japanese Studios instead of western ones...

From was just bought not too long ago. I do not think they would be for sale. But in general, I think Sony should be snatching up some of these developers before they go all mobile over there... they could of bought Tri Ace!!!!ㅠㅠ

Cidd

From was just bought not too long ago. I do not think they would be for sale. But in general, I think Sony should be snatching up some of these developers before they go all mobile over there... they could of bought Tri Ace!!!!ㅠㅠ

That still hurts. T_T

Digital or physical? I think I'm going digital, but not sure yet.
I've seen lots of people in this thread saying they're going digital as well as buying the CE. I have the CE pre-ordered, but this is exactly the type of game I want to have a digital copy of. Maybe I should get both too..

after mulling it a lot i don't think i want to throw $460 ish to play just this one game. i think i'll get a ps4 eventually if a really good friend does and wants to coop, but aside from that i'll just buy the DS2 rerelease on steam and enjoy that for what it is. i hope BB is a great game though, i'm sure i'll get it someday.

the rerelease of ds2 sounds a little scummy as a PC gamer but, shit, its spending a half days pay vs a weeks pay. when i can snag a ps4 for around $200 i'll join you brothers though!

Rurunaki

BOTH!

Pre-ordered the digital version so I can play immediately at midnight, and a physical copy of the Collector's Edition sent from Amazon later that day. :D

No regrets brother. You and me both. I only did this because I know Miyazaki will not disappoint and I want the game to be always ready to play when I get home from work.

Doesn't have to be a clone.. just look at Kamiya, Kojima, and Persona crew.. Japanese devs just need to jump on the current gen bandwagon instead of going mobile..

Sony has already gotten 2 exclusives out of Miyazaki out of the last 4 games they have made. Well 2 of the last 3 MIyazaki productions have been exclusive too.

So it's obvious Miyazaki likes working with Sony anyway. This time I don't think Sony will just let it stop there. No doubt they will be at his doorstep soon talking about Bloodborne 2 or expansions or whatever.

After giving the guy a much deserved break.

GOOD GOD IM HYPE AS FUCK FOR THIS GAME.

Ever since that first leaked screen. Been hyped as hell

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
after mulling it a lot i don't think i want to throw $460 ish to play just this one game. i think i'll get a ps4 eventually if a really good friend does and wants to coop, but aside from that i'll just buy the DS2 rerelease on steam and enjoy that for what it is. i hope BB is a great game though, i'm sure i'll get it someday.

the rerelease of ds2 sounds a little scummy as a PC gamer but, shit, its spending a half days pay vs a weeks pay. when i can snag a ps4 for around $200 i'll join you brothers though!

get a used one bro.

http://www.cowboom.com/product/1459975

ValfarHL

I am surprised people can nail down expected timeframes when we know these games can be speed-run in an hour and half. I like to take my time and am always surprised when two days after launch people start posting their "end-game" analysis. Geez take your time and enjoy the dam game ...after so much anticipaiton you deserve it! ...and get some sleep Yoshi ;)

others have said what the technical name for the DS4 cable is, but I was happy to discover that I had three extras in the house owing to my blackberry cel phone/tablet and logitech mouse using the same cable.

Dont bother avoiding what isnt likely to happen. FROM always works the multiplayer into the gmae in a way that makes sense and there are failsafes adn balancing mechanisms for new players. I would give the mltiplaer a chance with an open mind beofre goign offline....you will likely grow to prefer online activity, even in your first playthrough.

Much easier. It's fair, deeep, rich, even puzzle orineted combat, but it desnt require a PhD. Learning patterns and developing a SIMPLE strategy is required, but its not THAT hard. It is incredibly rewarding gameplay.

The guides are great, Miyazaki did an extra interview with ENB, a contributor to the book, and you get an exclusive theme as well...SOLD.

look up the lost archstone on google and look for a link with a twitch account..forget his name but he broke in a exlpored the assets. BAsically they used most of the ideas and assets in DLC's for ds1 and 2.

THe learning curve and saturation time before the game clicks is usually the first three levels...no one shoud rage quit or give up on souls/BB until giving themselves a proper immersion/learning time of three levels. Its a totally differtn experience to other gmaes so you gotta get yor head around it first, but from that time on you will never want to play much else.

U drunk? I am wasted.

sublimit

Banned

Great reviews don't always equate with great sales... Ask Platinum Games.

2AdEPT

Digital or physical? I think I'm going digital, but not sure yet.
I didnt want to ...but likely both. :( its gonna be a 13 hour difference, and I doubt ill ever want to take offf BB since I bought he system mostly for it. F u sony, but FROM deserves my $$$.

U drunk? I am wasted.
I did a have a single beer with dinner this evening, but hardly enebriated?

Someone is streaming on Live From PS RIGHT NOW.
How might one search for such a broadcast, can you do it online or must it be from teh Ps4? do I hve to be a Ps+ memeber...havent signed up yet.

Best looking broadcast has stopped text I've ever seen. That artistry! lol

Dunno what the hell i was thinking jumping into the stream like that

this next week of waiting is going to be f'in impossible. gonna have the entire game spoiled by then

augh

I think I am going to finish my blind run of Shadow of the Colossus...after doign the first level and really liking it, I have been saving the rest of the playthrough just for a time like this. I think I will start a LTTP thread and record progress on you tube if anyone is interested in watching that instead. Unless I get too tired I shoudl be able to post the 2nd Colossus later tonight.

The God

How might one search for such a broadcast, can you do it online or must it be from teh Ps4? do I hve to be a Ps+ memeber...havent signed up yet.

You don't have to be a PS+ member to view streams, and you don't have to be on the PS4 to watch them but it's quicker that way. The stream just died but you can go to Ustream/Twitch and search "Bloodborne" when another stream pops up.

Top Bottom